View Poll Results: How many games will Colts win?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-4

    9 15.79%
  • 5-6

    26 45.61%
  • 7-9

    16 28.07%
  • 10+

    6 10.53%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 119

Thread: How many games will Colts win?

  1. #51
    Come Home Lance! BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    16,025

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When someone shows you that you are wrong, you need to just say thank you and move on. The Colts won two games last year..... The Colts also lost a few of those games with the Collins experiement. Painter looked very good last week. I am rooting for him to make that team.... He is better than he showed in Indy...... ...
    They won 3 games. One was a preseason game. Are you going to thank me now and move on?

  2. #52

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    I said 5-6 but thats only because the division we play in. I can see us legit stealing 1 from each of them. And maybe beating the Jags twice, because well, they are the Jags.

  3. #53

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    7. It's a "Luck"y number.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They won 3 games. One was a preseason game. Are you going to thank me now and move on?
    Counting preseason games is getting pretty desparate. Preseason games do not mean anything and the Colts are going to find that out soon. The Colts won two games. Next you will want to count practice wins by the offense......

  5. #55
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,425

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=OlBlu;1494488]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seriously thought Stanton and Harnisch looked better than Luck??? You have some major blinders on lol...

    Btw, you really think Luck is scared of Harrison?


    If he isn't scared of Harrison, he is an idiot. Harrison hurts people and knocks them out for the season. That is why he gets fined and suspended all of the time. Yes, I thought Stanton and Harnisch looked as good or better than Luck. One of them had a "perfect" QB rating. Luck didn't. But that was backups against backups. I am just saying that the Rams made all three look good. Preseason means nothing. The Colts could win all of their preseason games and look great and then come out and go 0-16 in the regular season as Luck gets chased all over the field, sacked and making rushed throws. That offensive line is really terrible and real season play will show that in a hurry..... ...
    First off this is the NFL with grown men. I highly doubt you make it to this league and become the number one overall pick by being scared of ANYBODY. Yes James Harrison hits very hard, and yes he can hurt you, but NOBODY is AFRAID of him.

    Luck looked very shaky at first, but the way he came back and completed pass after pass against the Steelers zone blitz package would be impressive to individuals that aren't even colts fans. He was doing this against the first team defense that though they weren't playing with Harrison, is still one of the better defenses in football.

    Stanton and Harnish looked pretty good also, but that was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Also, by that time, they called off the dogs.

    You said preseason means nothing, but for a young football team that's being led by a rookie QB, it lays the groundwork for what's going to come in the preseason. Putting us in position to score 3 touchdowns (really 4, but we won't discuss the T.Y Hilton drop turned INT) against the Steelers in Pittsburgh, against the first teamers is impressive. No matter how much one wants to downplay it. And our offensive line sure seemed to be doing a darn good job against the Steelers on the goal line, during running plays, and for a lot of Luck's throws. There isnt an O-Line in the league that allows ZERO rush against their QB. When you play a blitz happy team like the Steelers, there's always a chance that someone comes free, untouched, etc. That's when the QB has to go hot, and dump it off to a receiver that is looking for the quick throw. Luck did this many times.

    Looking at our schedule, I say we win 4-6 games. We have a very favorable home schedule, especially at the beginning of the year. If we play well, and can keep our confidence, there's no reason why we cant win at least that many.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=Ace E.Anderson;1495396]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    First off this is the NFL with grown men. I highly doubt you make it to this league and become the number one overall pick by being scared of ANYBODY. Yes James Harrison hits very hard, and yes he can hurt you, but NOBODY is AFRAID of him.

    Luck looked very shaky at first, but the way he came back and completed pass after pass against the Steelers zone blitz package would be impressive to individuals that aren't even colts fans. He was doing this against the first team defense that though they weren't playing with Harrison, is still one of the better defenses in football.

    Stanton and Harnish looked pretty good also, but that was against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Also, by that time, they called off the dogs.

    You said preseason means nothing, but for a young football team that's being led by a rookie QB, it lays the groundwork for what's going to come in the preseason. Putting us in position to score 3 touchdowns (really 4, but we won't discuss the T.Y Hilton drop turned INT) against the Steelers in Pittsburgh, against the first teamers is impressive. No matter how much one wants to downplay it. And our offensive line sure seemed to be doing a darn good job against the Steelers on the goal line, during running plays, and for a lot of Luck's throws. There isnt an O-Line in the league that allows ZERO rush against their QB. When you play a blitz happy team like the Steelers, there's always a chance that someone comes free, untouched, etc. That's when the QB has to go hot, and dump it off to a receiver that is looking for the quick throw. Luck did this many times.

    Looking at our schedule, I say we win 4-6 games. We have a very favorable home schedule, especially at the beginning of the year. If we play well, and can keep our confidence, there's no reason why we cant win at least that many.
    Blah, blah, blah, the Colts are leaving their starters in longer than other teams because the management and the coaching staff knows this is the only time this year that this team will generate any excitement. The teams they are playing don't care about winning, they are looking at all of their potential players. There are plenty of QBs in the league who are scared of Harrison for very good reasons. Luck better be one of them or they will be carrying him off of the field on a stretcher..... I think that is how his first season will end regardless. That line and his running back can't keep people off of him and someone will turn his lights out..... ...

  7. #57

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=OlBlu;1495784]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Blah, blah, blah, the Colts are leaving their starters in longer than other teams because the management and the coaching staff knows this is the only time this year that this team will generate any excitement. The teams they are playing don't care about winning, they are looking at all of their potential players. There are plenty of QBs in the league who are scared of Harrison for very good reasons. Luck better be one of them or they will be carrying him off of the field on a stretcher..... I think that is how his first season will end regardless. That line and his running back can't keep people off of him and someone will turn his lights out..... ...
    When did Peyton have a great OL? A good left tackle part time and a revolving bunch of others. Well we have a promising left tackle and a couple of TEs who will have to block.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=speakout4;1495805]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When did Peyton have a great OL? A good left tackle part time and a revolving bunch of others. Well we have a promising left tackle and a couple of TEs who will have to block.
    Your promising left tackle has to prove he can stay on the field. Peyton had a great pass protecting line in many of his years. He was one of the least sacked QBs in the league. Yes, his quick release and ability to make quick decisions is partly responsible for that but he didn't get hit a lot and that will help him extend his career. Luck is going to be hit hard and often. He is going to be chased out of the pocket and hurried. He will make mistakes when this happens, all QBs do.////// ...

  9. #59

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=OlBlu;1495819]
    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    Your promising left tackle has to prove he can stay on the field. Peyton had a great pass protecting line in many of his years. He was one of the least sacked QBs in the league. Yes, his quick release and ability to make quick decisions is partly responsible for that but he didn't get hit a lot and that will help him extend his career. Luck is going to be hit hard and often. He is going to be chased out of the pocket and hurried. He will make mistakes when this happens, all QBs do.////// ...
    There is a big difference between an OL that just protects a qB and an OL that opens up holes for RBs. The Colts offensive line was partly responsible for mediocre running games. I would venture that the OL with some help from TEs and a RB can protect Luck's passing game. You seem to think that the GM and coaches don't seem to understand that Luck needs protection. Even though it was a preseason game playing the steelers is certainly a team that was after the QB.
    Last edited by speakout4; 08-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    [QUOTE=speakout4;1495863]
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    There is a big difference between an OL that just protects a qB and an OL that opens up holes for RBs. The Colts offensive line was partly responsible for mediocre running games. I would venture that the OL with some help from TEs and a RB can protect Luck's passing game. You seem to think that the GM and coaches don't seem to understand that Luck needs protection. Even though it was a preseason game playing the steelers is certainly a team that was after the QB.
    Apples and oranges. This is a passing league and not a running league anymore. We had the best passer in the game so we put together a line to protect him. I don't see any indication that this line can run block or protect the passer..... Yes, the GM understands that but what can he do but add other teams rejects and arena league offensive linemen. Jimmy isn't going to let him sign an expensive free agent and drafting linemen is a crapshoot as we have seen in the past...... Maybe in four or five years, they will put together a cohesive line that can protect Luck, if he makes it that long...... ...

  11. #61
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Yeah, that cheap ******* Irsay won't let Grigson spend money, even though it's a league requirement to spend at least 90% of the cap money. So on a 120 million cap, in the offseason in 2013 the Colts will have 77 million spent, and are REQUIRED to spend at least 33 million. Irsay is so cheap he'll just ignore league rules and hoard it all for himself! Mwahahahah

    Your "cheap Irsay" schtick is silly. He can't be cheap even if he wants to. Right now we're at 116 million of the 120 million cap. God, if he wasn't so cheap he would have let Grigson buy a whole superstar offensive line with that 4 million.

    Silly.

  12. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, that cheap ******* Irsay won't let Grigson spend money, even though it's a league requirement to spend at least 90% of the cap money. So on a 120 million cap, in the offseason in 2013 the Colts will have 77 million spent, and are REQUIRED to spend at least 33 million. Irsay is so cheap he'll just ignore league rules and hoard it all for himself! Mwahahahah

    Your "cheap Irsay" schtick is silly. He can't be cheap even if he wants to. Right now we're at 116 million of the 120 million cap. God, if he wasn't so cheap he would have let Grigson buy a whole superstar offensive line with that 4 million.

    Silly.
    Silly? Other teams will find a way to work that cap and actually go over it. Irsay won't do that. I'm still waiting for those big free agent signings everyone said he would do. He won't. He will spend as little as he is allowed to spend..... ...

  13. #63
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Silly? Other teams will find a way to work that cap and actually go over it. Irsay won't do that. I'm still waiting for those big free agent signings everyone said he would do. He won't. He will spend as little as he is allowed to spend..... ...
    You can only borrow 3 million from the cap for next season to go over the cap. You can't go over the cap anytime and anyway you like, that's the point of having a cap. What are you talking about? So the most any team can spend in this season is 123 million. Irsay is spending 116.

    The Colts couldn't do any big free agents this season, that requires ... I dunno, CAP SPACE that we didn't have.

    I've never seen someone have such a hard time comprehending simple concepts.

  14. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can only borrow 3 million from the cap for next season to go over the cap. You can't go over the cap anytime and anyway you like, that's the point of having a cap. What are you talking about? So the most any team can spend in this season is 123 million. Irsay is spending 116.

    The Colts couldn't do any big free agents this season, that requires ... I dunno, CAP SPACE that we didn't have.

    I've never seen someone have such a hard time comprehending simple concepts.
    I comprehend it very well and some people manage it very well. The Eagles and Washington always seem to be able to sign just about any free agent they want for any amount of money. Jimmy will not be doing that. There is a difference and a way to manipulate the rules. I think the Cowboys just paid a big price for doing exactly that...... ...

  15. #65

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Using the Eagles and Redskins as examples doesn't give me confidence that either team seems to know what it's doing. The Patriots a smarter organization seem to pick up players with minimum expense. I wonder whether Irsay was significantly below the cap all these years but you would know that because you repeatedly claim he's a cheapskate..

    I don't think Irsay is very bright but he is smart enough to listen to his GM and other advisers.
    Last edited by speakout4; 08-24-2012 at 09:45 PM.

  16. #66
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,610

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mad-Mario View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said 5-6 but thats only because the division we play in. I can see us legit stealing 1 from each of them. And maybe beating the Jags twice, because well, they are the Jags.
    Don't forget, the 2nd Texans game is week 17. They could easily be sitting a ton of guys. I've got us at about 6-10. But if Irsay's not drunk tweeting and we really trade for a legit #1 CB I could see .500 depending on who it is.

  17. #67
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,187
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    I simply do not see us winning over 6 games. And I hope that we get some picks for this years draft. It is time to take the Cowboy/Packers way of rebuilding. By way of the draft. If we trade Faulk to get Edge, we can trade Freeney to get some picks.

  18. #68
    The Nite Owl LA_Confidential's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    1,566

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Any where between 7 or 9 and I'm good.

    If we win 9 games, we will win the South. Book It.

  19. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Using the Eagles and Redskins as examples doesn't give me confidence that either team seems to know what it's doing. The Patriots a smarter organization seem to pick up players with minimum expense. I wonder whether Irsay was significantly below the cap all these years but you would know that because you repeatedly claim he's a cheapskate..

    I don't think Irsay is very bright but he is smart enough to listen to his GM and other advisers.
    Apparently not, they wanted to keep Peyton Manning so he fired them. How is that listening? He just gets new advisers who will be "yes" men. He is back to being the prePolian Irsay...... How did those years go? This management team is not going to stand up to him, that is why they were hired. Polian will be running a team and building toward getting to the Super Bowl long before Jimmy ever gets the Colts there again.....

  20. #70
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,351

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Well considering Polian wanted to keep Caldwell as coach I would think Jimmy Irsay made a great decision to get rid of Polian Sr. and Jr.... the only Super Bowl team Polian will be running is his ESPN Fantasy League team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  21. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well considering Polian wanted to keep Caldwell as coach I would think Jimmy Irsay made a great decision to get rid of Polian Sr. and Jr.... the only Super Bowl team Polian will be running is his ESPN Fantasy League team.
    And JOB will never get another NBA job. Polian was a great GM. He wanted to keep Caldwell because he wanted to keep Peyton. Caldwell had no trouble find a job with a much better team than the Colts. His position? He is the QB coach, something he did for years with the Colts. I knew that Peyton was gone when the let Caldwell go..... You don't make big changes if you are going to keep your all pro QB..... Polian will be back running a team within the next year and that is from experts saying that, not me...... ...

  22. #72
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,351

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    As a person I loved Caldwell just like Dungy before him, but Caldwell just wasn't a very good head coach. Yeah he was the QB coach but I guarantee at least during camp Peyton would camp out in Tom Moore's office and not Caldwell's (before Caldwell became HC). Polian liked Caldwell because he was the ultimate YES man.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  23. #73

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently not, they wanted to keep Peyton Manning so he fired them. How is that listening? He just gets new advisers who will be "yes" men. He is back to being the prePolian Irsay...... How did those years go? This management team is not going to stand up to him, that is why they were hired. Polian will be running a team and building toward getting to the Super Bowl long before Jimmy ever gets the Colts there again.....
    How do you know they wanted to keep Peyton? I wonder if even you believe your assumptions. Perhaps Polian was fired because he left the team totally unprepared for a Peyton injury over many years and it caught up to them. Sorghi and Painter are not b/u material and exposed the Polian pathetic gamble. The Polians gambled and lost and it cost them their jobs. Now you will tell me how Polian is HOF material. The two are not incompatible and see #70s point about the great coach we had

  24. #74

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And JOB will never get another NBA job. Polian was a great GM. He wanted to keep Caldwell because he wanted to keep Peyton. Caldwell had no trouble find a job with a much better team than the Colts. His position? He is the QB coach, something he did for years with the Colts. I knew that Peyton was gone when the let Caldwell go..... You don't make big changes if you are going to keep your all pro QB..... Polian will be back running a team within the next year and that is from experts saying that, not me...... ...
    Link to the experts?

  25. #75
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link to the experts?
    I think olblu considers himself an expert. The only explanation to why he always thinks he has already posted links to the so called experts.

Similar Threads

  1. Don't worry, the Colts will win 15 games...
    By OlBlu in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2012, 12:13 AM
  2. Colts Preseason Games All In One Thread
    By xBulletproof in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-27-2011, 12:30 PM
  3. Colts one of 10 teams to sell out all home games
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 12:24 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 03:12 AM
  5. How Will The Colts Fare In Their Next Two Games?
    By obnoxiousmodesty in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2004, 11:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •