View Poll Results: How many games will Colts win?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-4

9 15.79%
  • 5-6

26 45.61%
  • 7-9

16 28.07%
  • 10+

6 10.53%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many games will Colts win?

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default How many games will Colts win?

Simple question, how many games do you think the Colts will win this year?

Realistically I would pick somwhere between 6-8 wins

Games list: (Red are games I think we lose, blue are ones I think we win)

1 Sun, Sep 9 @Chicago
    2 Sun, Sep 16 vsMinnesota
    3 Sun, Sep 23 vsJacksonville
    4 BYE WEEK
    5 Sun, Oct 7 vsGreen Bay
    6 Sun, Oct 14 @New York
    7 Sun, Oct 21 vsCleveland
    8 Sun, Oct 28 @Tennessee
    9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Miami
    10 Thu, Nov 8 @Jacksonville
    11 Sun, Nov 18 @New England
    12 Sun, Nov 25 vsBuffalo
    13 Sun, Dec 2 @Detroit
    14 Sun, Dec 9 vsTennessee
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @Houston
    16 Sun, Dec 23 @Kansas City
    17 Sun, Dec 30 vsHouston

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Default Re: How many games will Colts win?

I am going with the experts who think the Colts are the number 32 team in the NFL this year and they will be competing for the number one draft choice again. 0-4 and on the low side of that. I give them a chance in both Jacksonville games (the team I think is really the number 32) and that is about it. I don't see them beating Houston or Tennessee. Minnesota, Cleveland and Miami might be possibilities. I can't see them beating any of the others with more than a punchers chance......... ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am going with the experts who think the Colts are the number 32 team in the NFL this year and they will be competing for the number one draft choice again. 0-4 and on the low side of that. I give them a chance in both Jacksonville games (the team I think is really the number 32) and that is about it. I don't see them beating Houston or Tennessee. Minnesota, Cleveland and Miami might be possibilities. I can't see them beating any of the others with more than a punchers chance......... ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:

So, what have you learned over the course of the season?

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie fan View Post
    So, what have you learned over the course of the season?
    I think a mod hinted previously that he has no more posting liberties on the Colts section. Might be dead wrong though.

Was he ever a Broncos fans?

Weak schedule plus outstanding QB play = 10 wins
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    Weak schedule plus outstanding QB play = 10 wins

Oh, Boy...... ...

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

6 wins... no way in hell they win just 2-3 games Blu, the only person I read saying we're #32 in the league is you... and I'd have to say 10 wins is a bit of a gamble, 'geek, although I admire your positive outlook. I guess neither is out of the realm of possibility, but I think we're talking opposite extremes of the spectrum.

I do feel we have the QB advantage in a lot of those games.

I actually would've preferred a poll option in the 5-7 range. I feel that's a more accurate range.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-14-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    6 wins... no way in hell they win just 2-3 games Blu, the only person I read saying we're #32 in the league is you... and I'd have to say 10 wins is a bit of a gamble, 'geek, although I admire your positive outlook. I guess neither is out of the realm of possibility, but I think we're talking opposite extremes of the spectrum.

I do feel we have the QB advantage in a lot of those games.

I actually would've preferred a poll option in the 5-7 range. I feel that's a more accurate range.
    The Colts all had Tshirts this week showing a poll that listed them as number 32. They used it for motivation just as they should. I don't make things up. Do you ever read anything but the Indy groups and newspapers? ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Colts all had Tshirts this week showing a poll that listed them as number 32. They used it for motivation just as they should. I don't make things up. Do you ever read anything but the Indy groups and newspapers? ...
    I read everything, not just negative stuff like you do. There's a lot more people out there saying we'll be better than they originally thought than people saying we'll be #32 in the league. Even the Colts themselves believe they won't be #32, as evidenced by the event you just described.

To sit there and claim every expert out there thinks we'll be the worst team in the league is just a flat-out fabrication.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    I read everything, not just negative stuff like you do. There's a lot more people out there saying we'll be better than they originally thought than people saying we'll be #32 in the league. Even the Colts themselves believe they won't be #32, as evidenced by the event you just described.

To sit there and claim every expert out there thinks we'll be the worst team in the league is just a flat-out fabrication.

I never said every one but most of them do think that and they have said so..... ...

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I never said every one but most of them do think that and they have said so..... ...
    You leave me no choice than to confer with the Google Gods.

First three results I found on Google, and most of these were posted before the preseason game in which we won 38-3, which would like boost any predictions by a bit, especially any saying we'd go 1-15 or 2-14, which is just an uneducated prediction:

Colts 6-10
    The story of the Colts' offseason was obviously the Peyton Manning/Andrew Luck ordeal. Most people by mid-February had a good idea as to what the Colts were planning on doing, and they were right—the Colts parted ways with the legendary quarterback so they could free up room for what they hope will be a second coming.
    Andrew Luck, whom many scouts tout as the best prospect to come into the NFL since, well, Peyton Manning, has a lot riding on his shoulders, but like most people familiar with football, I don't see him cracking under it. In fact, don't expect to see the Colts wallowing at the bottom of the division for too long.
    Indianapolis Colts
    Joe Robbins/Getty Images

The Indianapolis Colts are coming off a forgettable 2-14 campaign, but may receive a solid amount of action due to selecting Stanford Cardinal quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall selection of the 2012 NFL Draft.
    A lot of the betting public may also have an interest in playing the "over" due to the success of Andy Dalton and Cam Newton as first-year quarterbacks a year ago.
    "We tend to lean on the history of the NFL when projected win totals involving rookie quarterbacks," Cantor Gaming's Mike Colbert said. "We do expect more in terms of performance from Luck than Robert Griffin III (Washington Redskins)."
    I recommend taking a closer look at the rest of the roster before pulling the trigger—don't get blinded by the hype that's surrounded Luck since he arrived in Palo Alto.

Total: Over/Under 5.5 wins

AFC South Prediction – 3rd Place (5-11 Record)

While the Colts are undergoing a complete makeover, I believe this team is more talented than the one they fielded a year ago. Luck is going to be as good as advertised, and he has some solid targets to work with in Wayne, Collie and Fleener. The offensive and defensive lines are a work in progress, and the Colts will likely get beat up front on both sides of the ball. They play the toughest road schedule in the league against the likes of Chicago, NYJ, New England, Detroit, and Kansas City outside of the AFC South. However, their home schedule is one of the softest with visits from Minnesota, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Miami, Buffalo and Tennessee. I predict Indy will win at least four home games and finish with five wins overall, which will be good for 3rd place in the division.

------------------------------------------
    So there ya go, 5-6 wins just plucking 3 postings outta the air, which is not going to come close to qualifying for the worst record in the NFL.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-14-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm optimistic we can win 7 or 8 games. We play Tennessee and Jacksonville 4 times, that's a potential 4 wins right there and we could easily win a few we are not suppose to.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I can see the Colts going 9-7 if they beat the teams they can beat and sneak a few wins

1 Sun, Sep 9 @Chicago LOSS
    2 Sun, Sep 16 vsMinnesota LOSS
    3 Sun, Sep 23 vsJacksonville WIN
    4 BYE WEEK
    5 Sun, Oct 7 vsGreen Bay LOSS
    6 Sun, Oct 14 @New York LOSS
    7 Sun, Oct 21 vsCleveland WIN
    8 Sun, Oct 28 @Tennessee LOSS
    9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Miami WIN
    10 Thu, Nov 8 @Jacksonville LOSS
    11 Sun, Nov 18 @New England LOSS
    12 Sun, Nov 25 vsBuffalo WIN
    13 Sun, Dec 2 @Detroit LOSS
    14 Sun, Dec 9 vsTennessee LOSS
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @Houston LOSS
    16 Sun, Dec 23 @Kansas City LOSS
    17 Sun, Dec 30 vsHouston LOSS

4-12. Which is fine. We need another year of high draft picks.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    1 Sun, Sep 9 @Chicago LOSS
    2 Sun, Sep 16 vsMinnesota LOSS
    3 Sun, Sep 23 vsJacksonville WIN
    4 BYE WEEK
    5 Sun, Oct 7 vsGreen Bay LOSS
    6 Sun, Oct 14 @New York LOSS
    7 Sun, Oct 21 vsCleveland WIN
    8 Sun, Oct 28 @Tennessee LOSS
    9 Sun, Nov 4 vs Miami WIN
    10 Thu, Nov 8 @Jacksonville LOSS
    11 Sun, Nov 18 @New England LOSS
    12 Sun, Nov 25 vsBuffalo WIN
    13 Sun, Dec 2 @Detroit LOSS
    14 Sun, Dec 9 vsTennessee LOSS
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @Houston LOSS
    16 Sun, Dec 23 @Kansas City LOSS
    17 Sun, Dec 30 vsHouston LOSS

4-12. Which is fine. We need another year of high draft picks.
    Pretty reasonable. I don't know about beating Cleveland, Miami or Buffalo but I like that you think they will split with Jacksonville. I could seem them beating Jacksonville twice but I'm not sure they can win any other games..... ...

We won 3 games with Curtis Painter playing most of the year. Folks, I went to Purdue. He was benched there and never looked that good. I am utterly shocked he started on an NFL team and it's no wonder the team played better with the backup.

In any event, what you saw last year is not what you're going to see this year. I expect 5 or maybe 6 games, although I voted higher with the hope we break 7. But that's all it is.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    We won 3 games with Curtis Painter playing most of the year. Folks, I went to Purdue. He was benched there and never looked that good. I am utterly shocked he started on an NFL team and it's no wonder the team played better with the backup.

In any event, what you saw last year is not what you're going to see this year. I expect 5 or maybe 6 games, although I voted higher with the hope we break 7. But that's all it is.
    Actually, the Colts only won two games. Look for more of the same and Painter had a very good outing in a preseason game. He may make that team.... ...

Actually, the Colts only won two games. Look for more of the same and Painter had a very good outing in a preseason game. He may make that team.... ...
    Um. They won 3 games last year...like I said...with Painter playing most of the year. 8 of those games were within reach. Painter threw 9 picks, 6 TD's, was sacked 16 times and coughed up the ball 5 times. He was awful under any measure and there is no way Luck plays remotely close to that bad. Painter, IIRC, was benched at Purdue and from my recollection wasn't even a great college QB. The only reason he got his chance in the NFL is because he has a live arm.

Mood

Um. They won 3 games last year...like I said...with Painter playing most of the year. 8 of those games were within reach. Painter threw 9 picks, 6 TD's, was sacked 16 times and coughed up the ball 5 times. He was awful under any measure and there is no way Luck plays remotely close to that bad. Painter, IIRC, was benched at Purdue and from my recollection wasn't even a great college QB. The only reason he got his chance in the NFL is because he has a live arm.
    Sorry man, it really was two games last year...

http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/...-colts/history

AFC South - 2011 record: 2-14
    Last edited by Flibertygibits; 08-19-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Banned
    Mood

When someone shows you that you are wrong, you need to just say thank you and move on. The Colts won two games last year..... The Colts also lost a few of those games with the Collins experiement. Painter looked very good last week. I am rooting for him to make that team.... He is better than he showed in Indy...... ...

When someone shows you that you are wrong, you need to just say thank you and move on. The Colts won two games last year..... The Colts also lost a few of those games with the Collins experiement. Painter looked very good last week. I am rooting for him to make that team.... He is better than he showed in Indy...... ...
    They won 3 games. One was a preseason game. Are you going to thank me now and move on?

Mood

I'll say 6 to 8, so I voted the 7-9 option.

4-12 is what I predict and I'd consider more than 2 wins a success

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

4-6 wins. I'll be optimistic and go with 6.