Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

  1. #1

    Default Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I think Powers is really underrated and will put himself in Pro Bowl discussions this year, agree or disagree?
    Last edited by AugustinGrangerHill; 08-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Powers is really underrated and will put himself in Pro Bowl discussions this year
    I am not sure if there is a top ten player at any position for the Colts this year....... ... Top ten players are pretty damn good. I don't know if he Colts have anyone who is pretty damn good....

  4. #3

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    they may not be top 10 players, but Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, and Antoine Bethea are all pretty damn good. This will be Jerraud Powers break out year, he will be one of the top corners this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not sure if there is a top ten player at any position for the Colts this year....... ... Top ten players are pretty damn good. I don't know if he Colts have anyone who is pretty damn good....

  5. #4

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    they may not be top 10 players, but Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, and Antoine Bethea are all pretty damn good. This will be Jerraud Powers break out year, he will be one of the top corners this year.
    scratch that, Antoine Bethea is definitely a top 10 free safety in the NFL, hands down he is a top 10 free safety.

  6. #5
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    you would have better luck getting olblu to agree with you if you said bottom 10. He thinks all Colts players are near the bottom.

    But then again..for him the grass is always greener on the other team.

  7. #6

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you would have better luck getting olblu to agree with you if you said bottom 10. He thinks all Colts players are near the bottom.

    But then again..for him the grass is always greener on the other team.
    I have noticed that about him, he says he is just being realistic but he is just being plain dumb, he is so negative about the Colts and the Pacers, I would not even call him a fan with the way he talks about our teams

  8. #7
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think hell be a good corner but not a great one. However, I think Pat Angerer will be the best linebacker in the league in 6 years. That is my bold prediction.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #8
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I think Dwayne Allen'll be the best TE in the NFL in 8 years!

  10. #9
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,998

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I like Powers, but I'm not sure he's a Top 10 CB in this league. Besides, who's the last Ravens CB to even make a pro-bowl (the defensive system employed by Chuck Pagano)? Chris McAllister? It's been a while.

  11. #10
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,637

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    There's no not sure about it. I'm not knocking Powers, he's a good player I hope they keep long term assuming the money's right, but the dude's nowhere near a top 10 corner. Revis, Webb, Nnamdi, Carr, Grimes, Flowers, Joseph, Webster, Hall, Williams, Peterson, Haden, Greer, and more are all a good tier above Powers. He'd be a really nice #2.

  12. #11
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,192

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    When I think Powers, the number one issue is staying healthy.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  13. #12

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I think he's pretty bad actually. It might be the old Tampa-2 horrible system, but he allows way too many catches from his targets and doesn't really do anything great. Our secondary is the worst in the league.

  14. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he's pretty bad actually. It might be the old Tampa-2 horrible system, but he allows way too many catches from his targets and doesn't really do anything great. Our secondary is the worst in the league.
    Now you are going to get lots of responses calling you negative and a troll. I agree with what you say but that Tampa-2 won a Super Bowl and got us to another. I am not sold on the 3-4 but that is mostly because I don't think we have the right personel to run it properly...... ...

  15. #14
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now you are going to get lots of responses calling you negative and a troll. I agree with what you say but that Tampa-2 won a Super Bowl and got us to another. I am not sold on the 3-4 but that is mostly because I don't think we have the right personel to run it properly...... ...
    All his comment really shows is that he hasn't paid attention at all beyond last season. We have an entire new defensive scheme now, new coaches, and Powers has looked decent in camp. I don't believe he's a top 10 corner, though.

    And we have to get those players still. Why stick with the tampa-2 if that's not what they want to do and they're changing their personnel over? You're not gonna completely re-fit personnel-wise a 3-4 from a 4-3 in one season.

    I'd say the success of the defense they are in the process of installing speaks for itself, it's a good one, but it's gonna be a year or two more before it starts to really gel.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All his comment really shows is that he hasn't paid attention at all beyond last season. We have an entire new defensive scheme now, new coaches, and Powers has looked decent in camp. I don't believe he's a top 10 corner, though.

    And we have to get those players still. Why stick with the tampa-2 if that's not what they want to do and they're changing their personnel over? You're not gonna completely re-fit personnel-wise a 3-4 from a 4-3 in one season.

    I'd say the success of the defense they are in the process of installing speaks for itself, it's a good one, but it's gonna be a year or two more before it starts to really gel.

    I agree with you about the transition and that is the major reason I think they will struggle to win any games this year in the regular season. I see us giving up about 30 points per game. I also agree that it will take at least a year and maybe two to just aquire the right players to play the 3-4. Like I said, I am not a big fan of that system but I am not a big fan of the Tampa 2 either. We just had the people to run the Tampa 2 on hand. But when you are going to struggle for the entire season anyway, it makes sense to make a major change now and handle the pain of all the losses and look at it as an opportunity to get more good draft choices after this year. That is the way I look at it. Sort of "Suck for Luck" but this time it will be for the defensive players we sorely need...... ...

  17. #16
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I don't think there are any top 10 at their position players on the team. Luck and Coby probably have the best chance in the next few years.

  18. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think there are any top 10 at their position players on the team. Luck and Coby probably have the best chance in the next few years.
    Now I said that in post #2 and people start calling me a troll. I wonder if you will get the same treatment? Probably not..... ...

  19. #18

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I think Pat McAfee is a top 10 player in his position. I would argue Antoine Bethea is as well. Freeney/Mathis possibly. But that's about it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  20. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In a Gym
    Age
    22
    Posts
    16,882
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's no not sure about it. I'm not knocking Powers, he's a good player I hope they keep long term assuming the money's right, but the dude's nowhere near a top 10 corner. Revis, Webb, Nnamdi, Carr, Grimes, Flowers, Joseph, Webster, Hall, Williams, Peterson, Haden, Greer, and more are all a good tier above Powers. He'd be a really nice #2.
    You forgot Peanut Tillman may still be most underrated player. He should be a 4 or 5 time pro bowler how he gets over looked is beyond me. Best stripper of the footbal in the league.

  21. #20
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    7,192

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I would be absolutely shocked if Powers made the Pro Bowl.

    Could he have a good year? Of course, but he's got a lot to prove and he's got to stay on the field.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  22. #21
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now I said that in post #2 and people start calling me a troll. I wonder if you will get the same treatment? Probably not..... ...
    The difference between you and me is I don't troll every thread looking to rebuke any post that shows a little bit of optimism.

  23. #22
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,845

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Vinatieri probly falls into that top10 category, I hear he's havin' a good camp.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  24. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Vinatieri probly falls into that top10 category, I hear he's havin' a good camp.
    Too old, can't kick off anymore and not much better than the top half now. You are talking about five or more years ago...... ...

  25. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference between you and me is I don't troll every thread looking to rebuke any post that shows a little bit of optimism.
    Neither do I and if you check, the wording of your post is mighty close to mine...... I'm getting tired of that troll business. People spout it everytime someone posts something they disagree with but have no argument for their position. Join the boy in the plastic bubble and put me on ignore if you don't like it...... ...

  26. #25
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,596
    Mood

    Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

    I hope he turns himself into a top 10 DB in this league, and i'd be happy if he were to be a top 20 corner in this league. He is a good player but I think he needs a clear cut tp flight DB opposite of him who guards the opponent's #1 receivers on the field to take the focus off of him. The guy is a play maker but he has his limitations.

Similar Threads

  1. The Polian Corner.............10/20/05
    By Suaveness in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
  2. The Polian Corner
    By BluBlood in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
  3. The Polian Corner..........10/5/05
    By McClintic Sphere in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2005, 03:56 PM
  4. Polian Corner 9/28/05
    By Shaggy in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-28-2005, 01:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •