Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

Default Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

I think Powers is really underrated and will put himself in Pro Bowl discussions this year, agree or disagree?
    Last edited by AugustinGrangerHill; 08-13-2012 at 10:03 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AugustinGrangerHill For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Jerraud Powers will be a top 10 corner in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Powers is really underrated and will put himself in Pro Bowl discussions this year
    I am not sure if there is a top ten player at any position for the Colts this year....... ... Top ten players are pretty damn good. I don't know if he Colts have anyone who is pretty damn good....

they may not be top 10 players, but Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, and Antoine Bethea are all pretty damn good. This will be Jerraud Powers break out year, he will be one of the top corners this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I am not sure if there is a top ten player at any position for the Colts this year....... ... Top ten players are pretty damn good. I don't know if he Colts have anyone who is pretty damn good....

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    they may not be top 10 players, but Robert Mathis, Dwight Freeney, Reggie Wayne, and Antoine Bethea are all pretty damn good. This will be Jerraud Powers break out year, he will be one of the top corners this year.
    scratch that, Antoine Bethea is definitely a top 10 free safety in the NFL, hands down he is a top 10 free safety.

you would have better luck getting olblu to agree with you if you said bottom 10. He thinks all Colts players are near the bottom.

But then again..for him the grass is always greener on the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    you would have better luck getting olblu to agree with you if you said bottom 10. He thinks all Colts players are near the bottom.

But then again..for him the grass is always greener on the other team.
    I have noticed that about him, he says he is just being realistic but he is just being plain dumb, he is so negative about the Colts and the Pacers, I would not even call him a fan with the way he talks about our teams

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think hell be a good corner but not a great one. However, I think Pat Angerer will be the best linebacker in the league in 6 years. That is my bold prediction.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

Sports Logo

I think Dwayne Allen'll be the best TE in the NFL in 8 years!

I like Powers, but I'm not sure he's a Top 10 CB in this league. Besides, who's the last Ravens CB to even make a pro-bowl (the defensive system employed by Chuck Pagano)? Chris McAllister? It's been a while.

Sports Logo

There's no not sure about it. I'm not knocking Powers, he's a good player I hope they keep long term assuming the money's right, but the dude's nowhere near a top 10 corner. Revis, Webb, Nnamdi, Carr, Grimes, Flowers, Joseph, Webster, Hall, Williams, Peterson, Haden, Greer, and more are all a good tier above Powers. He'd be a really nice #2.

When I think Powers, the number one issue is staying healthy.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

I think he's pretty bad actually. It might be the old Tampa-2 horrible system, but he allows way too many catches from his targets and doesn't really do anything great. Our secondary is the worst in the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    I think he's pretty bad actually. It might be the old Tampa-2 horrible system, but he allows way too many catches from his targets and doesn't really do anything great. Our secondary is the worst in the league.
    Now you are going to get lots of responses calling you negative and a troll. I agree with what you say but that Tampa-2 won a Super Bowl and got us to another. I am not sold on the 3-4 but that is mostly because I don't think we have the right personel to run it properly...... ...

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now you are going to get lots of responses calling you negative and a troll. I agree with what you say but that Tampa-2 won a Super Bowl and got us to another. I am not sold on the 3-4 but that is mostly because I don't think we have the right personel to run it properly...... ...
    All his comment really shows is that he hasn't paid attention at all beyond last season. We have an entire new defensive scheme now, new coaches, and Powers has looked decent in camp. I don't believe he's a top 10 corner, though.

And we have to get those players still. Why stick with the tampa-2 if that's not what they want to do and they're changing their personnel over? You're not gonna completely re-fit personnel-wise a 3-4 from a 4-3 in one season.

I'd say the success of the defense they are in the process of installing speaks for itself, it's a good one, but it's gonna be a year or two more before it starts to really gel.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-14-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    All his comment really shows is that he hasn't paid attention at all beyond last season. We have an entire new defensive scheme now, new coaches, and Powers has looked decent in camp. I don't believe he's a top 10 corner, though.

And we have to get those players still. Why stick with the tampa-2 if that's not what they want to do and they're changing their personnel over? You're not gonna completely re-fit personnel-wise a 3-4 from a 4-3 in one season.

I'd say the success of the defense they are in the process of installing speaks for itself, it's a good one, but it's gonna be a year or two more before it starts to really gel.

I agree with you about the transition and that is the major reason I think they will struggle to win any games this year in the regular season. I see us giving up about 30 points per game. I also agree that it will take at least a year and maybe two to just aquire the right players to play the 3-4. Like I said, I am not a big fan of that system but I am not a big fan of the Tampa 2 either. We just had the people to run the Tampa 2 on hand. But when you are going to struggle for the entire season anyway, it makes sense to make a major change now and handle the pain of all the losses and look at it as an opportunity to get more good draft choices after this year. That is the way I look at it. Sort of "Suck for Luck" but this time it will be for the defensive players we sorely need...... ...

I don't think there are any top 10 at their position players on the team. Luck and Coby probably have the best chance in the next few years.

Banned
    Mood

I don't think there are any top 10 at their position players on the team. Luck and Coby probably have the best chance in the next few years.
    Now I said that in post #2 and people start calling me a troll. I wonder if you will get the same treatment? Probably not..... ...

I think Pat McAfee is a top 10 player in his position. I would argue Antoine Bethea is as well. Freeney/Mathis possibly. But that's about it.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    There's no not sure about it. I'm not knocking Powers, he's a good player I hope they keep long term assuming the money's right, but the dude's nowhere near a top 10 corner. Revis, Webb, Nnamdi, Carr, Grimes, Flowers, Joseph, Webster, Hall, Williams, Peterson, Haden, Greer, and more are all a good tier above Powers. He'd be a really nice #2.
    You forgot Peanut Tillman may still be most underrated player. He should be a 4 or 5 time pro bowler how he gets over looked is beyond me. Best stripper of the footbal in the league.

I would be absolutely shocked if Powers made the Pro Bowl.

Could he have a good year? Of course, but he's got a lot to prove and he's got to stay on the field.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Now I said that in post #2 and people start calling me a troll. I wonder if you will get the same treatment? Probably not..... ...
    The difference between you and me is I don't troll every thread looking to rebuke any post that shows a little bit of optimism.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Vinatieri probly falls into that top10 category, I hear he's havin' a good camp.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    Vinatieri probly falls into that top10 category, I hear he's havin' a good camp.
    Too old, can't kick off anymore and not much better than the top half now. You are talking about five or more years ago...... ...

Banned
    Mood

The difference between you and me is I don't troll every thread looking to rebuke any post that shows a little bit of optimism.
    Neither do I and if you check, the wording of your post is mighty close to mine...... I'm getting tired of that troll business. People spout it everytime someone posts something they disagree with but have no argument for their position. Join the boy in the plastic bubble and put me on ignore if you don't like it...... ...

Mood

I hope he turns himself into a top 10 DB in this league, and i'd be happy if he were to be a top 20 corner in this league. He is a good player but I think he needs a clear cut tp flight DB opposite of him who guards the opponent's #1 receivers on the field to take the focus off of him. The guy is a play maker but he has his limitations.