Hello Digesters and Pacers fans!

My family is looking to sell our 2004 Chevy Venture. It is in excellent condition, inside and out. It has a very cold AC, and a built-in car seat in the middle row of seats. It currently has 125k miles on it.

The only problem with the van is that it currently needs a new transmission. The car still starts and drives well enough to get from point A to point B; however, we usually drive in second or third gear, and keep it below 50-55mph at a time. A new transmission would boost the value of this car by $2-3000, but that is an expense and risk that we, as a family, are not prepared to take. Instead, we are looking for a car that gets decent gas mileage, particularly for our trip to New York City later this month.

The 2004 Chevy Venture, with the same, 8-year-old transmission, retails at over $6000 (let alone a brand new transmission). We are looking to sell the van for $4000, but are willing to negotiate. Even with the price of a transmission, and installation, you'll be paying less than you would for a Venture in such (relatively) immaculate condition as this one.

I've enclosed a picture below:

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM, or comment.

Thanks a lot, guys! Have a great day!