Thread: Buying sports jerseys

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Buying sports jerseys

I don't buy too many jerseys personally, but I'm getting an Andrew Luck jersey. I really don't feel like paying $100 if I don't have to though. Anyone know a good website to go through? I'm a bit leery of quite a few I've seen. So anyone know a good reputable one?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Buying sports jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't buy too many jerseys personally, but I'm getting an Andrew Luck jersey. I really don't feel like paying $100 if I don't have to though. Anyone know a good website to go through? I'm a bit leery of quite a few I've seen. So anyone know a good reputable one?
    I flea market/ do shows in the Summer we sell ours for 40-100(depending on the sport and what the buyer will pay) authentic. But the market is kind of dying compared to what it once was we haven't bought the new Nike's yet. But you should be able to get one in that price range direct from China is the best bet. If we buy some I will post some on ebay but I doubt we buy any anytime soon. Mainly due to the changing every few years kills the value. We cant give away our Zambrano for example or Fukudome. Luckily people still like PM we sold quite a bit this weekend. Most of those websites are legit but I can understand why you would be scared to buy from them.

Perhaps it is just me, but it seems the Nike ones are more expensive then the Reebok ones

Then again, Nike hasnt put out the Redskins middle line (Reebok used to do replica, premier, authentic. Not sure of Nikes "wording", but they only currently have the replica and authentic available for us)

One piece of advise. I have seen some people get some great jerseys from China (not great, but pretty close to looking 100% legit) and I have also seem some terrible ones.

Regardless, I have read 2 or 3 stories where people buy jerseys from China, and then a few weeks later the FBI comes knocking on their door and they are involved in some huge sting.

_____

Before I went off to college (back in 04) I used to use quite a few websites, eastbay, footlocker, and there was another one I loved and I cannot remember it for the life of me. I looked it up a while ago, and they used to carry premier and authentic jerseys for every NBA team, and now they literally only had jerseys for the Pats, Steelers, Lakers and Pistons (back when the Pistons had that good run).

I guess my point is it seems the jersey market has kind of taken a hit as of late. Honestly not sure why (or if it is just me) but I have focused on using sites like NFL.com and NBA.com for the teamstore.

Also, a classmate of mine back in Florida worked at Dicks Sporting Goods and he claimed he got some decent discounts on jerseys. The one time I went in, however, I was unimpressed with all the selection.

Mood

I have only paid full price on 6 of my jerseys. I've been collecting them forever and buy most of mine at flea markets.

Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    Perhaps it is just me, but it seems the Nike ones are more expensive then the Reebok ones
    Its not just you.

Yet another reason I wasn't crazy about Nike taking over the NFL license from Reebok.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

How's the selection at flea markets(size/players)? Also around how much are they? Never thought about looking there, I normally look around online.

EDIT: Also I don't normally buy the authentic, highest quality ones, I perfer to pay a little less for something that looks fine but is a slightly lower quality.
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 08-14-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    How's the selection at flea markets(size/players)? Also around how much are they? Never thought about looking there, I normally look around online.

EDIT: Also I don't normally buy the authentic, highest quality ones, I perfer to pay a little less for something that looks fine but is a slightly lower quality.
    We sell NBA swing man edition for 40. Depending on the show we were in Delphi last week and didnt bring much because doesn't really sell well their sold a Steelers jersey and PM and a LBJ. Also about the FBI and stuff that isn't true for us the royalties get paid they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    We sell NBA swing man edition for 40. Depending on the show we were in Delphi last week and didnt bring much because doesn't really sell well their sold a Steelers jersey and PM and a LBJ. Also about the FBI and stuff that isn't true for us the royalties get paid they are legit.
    Kind of hard to understand what you are saying, but I can 100% guarentee you it is in fact true. Perhaps I misread and you meant it isnt true for you, if so I apologize.

I just read an article yesterday (it was an older one) about a FBI raid on jerseys shipped in from China. Everyone who spent money on the jerseys was SOL...and obviously out of a jersey