Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Preseason Week 1: Rams @ Colts

Default Re: Preseason Week 1: Rams @ Colts

Maybe Manning should be thanking the Colts brass for the release. I mean his chances of winning another SB are way better in Denver than they would have been here with last year's personnel and coaching staff. Although the coaching staff - not to mention the Polian regime - still could have been purged. In fact, that would probably have been Peyton's best chance here.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by D-BONE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe Manning should be thanking the Colts brass for the release. I mean his chances of winning another SB are way better in Denver than they would have been here with last year's personnel and coaching staff. Although the coaching staff - not to mention the Polian regime - still could have been purged. In fact, that would probably have been Peyton's best chance here.
    Peter King has a nice article about Polian MMQB this week. He says he has been impressed by the reverence paid to Polian by brass from other teams. He also said he thinks Polian will take over another team next year. I do agree that Peyton has a better chance to win a SB with Denver or several other teams. I don't think the purge would have happened if they kept Manning. I thought he still might be back right up until they let Caldwell go. I knew he was gone then. Nonetheless, I think he really wanted to end his career in INDY...... ...

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    He means the "homers" who have no sense of reality.... ...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    No he shouldn't have and he will come back and prove how wrong you are. The chances of Peyton getting to a Super Bowl in the next five years are much higher than Luck EVER getting there.... Yes, Reggie Wayne has lost a step but I would have kept Garcon` who would have been the primary receiver. Reggie still runs good routes and is good for short yardage or they could have let him go and just keep Garcon` to play with a rookie reciever or a free agent like the one they signed. Who cares about Clark? Tamme is going to the Pro Bowl this year (yes, they still have it) with Peyton throwing to him all year long. You could have kept Saturday for continuity or made the change. Peyton's super quick release would help keep the defense off of him. They could have kept some linemen they let go for financial reasons and have a better line they they are going to have at the start of this season. Having Bracket back with Angerer getting hurt would have been nice. There were several other defensive players who could have been retained. They could have kept Caldwell for another two or three years to keep the defense matched to the personel. I'm not saying they would have made a Super Bowl run but, I think they would have been in the playoffs for the next three or four years. The draft could have been used to keep working on that line and adding good defensive players and getting younger. Peyton's personal health is not in jeopardy from that injury. In fact, he is less likely to have a problem there than anyone who has not had that fusion. He could get hurt at any time and end his career and so could Luck. I think it will take three years for this team to win ten games. I hope I am wrong about that but I have been watching this for a long time and it isn't easy to build a contending team. Irsay was never able to do it until Peyton came along. Luck looked great but I don't see him picking the team up and winning several games per year just about on his own like Peyton did year after year after year. If you all think the Colts are going to be so good now and in the next three years, you could make a whole lot of money and get great odds in Las Vegas to bet on that. I'll bet not many of the "homers" would want to do that....... ...
    This exemplifies the fantasy for the Manning worshippers I mentioned earlier. The entire rallying cry, "Peyton is going to the Super Bowl!!!" is strictly a fantasy. Denver is not a good team. Sorry, but Peyton isn't going to be the same player for Denver as he was with us. Not even 2010 Peyton, which was still a prime Peyton. The reality is that Peyton is 36 recovering from a severe injury. This injury kept Manning, who had never missed a start and would do whatever it takes to play football, to miss an entire season. Sorry, but the Peyton story isn't going to have a happy ending.
    David "And One" West

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This exemplifies the fantasy for the Manning worshippers I mentioned earlier. The entire rallying cry, "Peyton is going to the Super Bowl!!!" is strictly a fantasy. Denver is not a good team. Sorry, but Peyton isn't going to be the same player for Denver as he was with us. Not even 2010 Peyton, which was still a prime Peyton. The reality is that Peyton is 36 recovering from a severe injury. This injury kept Manning, who had never missed a start and would do whatever it takes to play football, to miss an entire season. Sorry, but the Peyton story isn't going to have a happy ending.
    Well, we will see. A guy named Tebow took that team to the playoffs last year and won a game. They are about 1000% better with Peyton. He may not get to a Super Bowl, that takes some good fortune (note that I did not say "luck") and the Colts went 36 years without getting there before Peyton. But, they will be a solid playoff team and Peytone will put up his usual great numbers. He has a very good defense to work with and a great running game to compliment his passing game. I don't know where you get that Denver is not a good team. I think they will start off slow as they make the transition to playing Peyton's way, perhaps 3-3 or 4-2 on their first six games. Then I expect them to turn it on and finish strong. I think they will be 10-6 or better. Meanwhile, the Colts will start planning on who to take with the first pick in the draft after about eight games..... ...

No he shouldn't have and he will come back and prove how wrong you are. The chances of Peyton getting to a Super Bowl in the next five years are much higher than Luck EVER getting there.... Yes, Reggie Wayne has lost a step but I would have kept Garcon` who would have been the primary receiver. Reggie still runs good routes and is good for short yardage or they could have let him go and just keep Garcon` to play with a rookie reciever or a free agent like the one they signed. Who cares about Clark? Tamme is going to the Pro Bowl this year (yes, they still have it) with Peyton throwing to him all year long. You could have kept Saturday for continuity or made the change. Peyton's super quick release would help keep the defense off of him. They could have kept some linemen they let go for financial reasons and have a better line they they are going to have at the start of this season. Having Bracket back with Angerer getting hurt would have been nice. There were several other defensive players who could have been retained. They could have kept Caldwell for another two or three years to keep the defense matched to the personel. I'm not saying they would have made a Super Bowl run but, I think they would have been in the playoffs for the next three or four years. The draft could have been used to keep working on that line and adding good defensive players and getting younger. Peyton's personal health is not in jeopardy from that injury. In fact, he is less likely to have a problem there than anyone who has not had that fusion. He could get hurt at any time and end his career and so could Luck. I think it will take three years for this team to win ten games. I hope I am wrong about that but I have been watching this for a long time and it isn't easy to build a contending team. Irsay was never able to do it until Peyton came along. Luck looked great but I don't see him picking the team up and winning several games per year just about on his own like Peyton did year after year after year. If you all think the Colts are going to be so good now and in the next three years, you could make a whole lot of money and get great odds in Las Vegas to bet on that. I'll bet not many of the "homers" would want to do that....... ...
    Garcon the primary receiver? Reggie Wayne lost a step and second fiddle now? Wow.

Man, I like Peyton probably as much as anyone here, but the only homer is one who still thinks this team didn't need an overhaul. It was old and tired and Irsay did just about everything perfect. As for the future, sure, we struggle for a year or two. That is to be expected. But nobody knows how good this team will be in a year or two. Anyone who claims otherwise doesn't have much credibility.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Oh my.....
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post: