Thread: Chad Johnson arrested for Domestic Violence

Default Chad Johnson arrested for Domestic Violence

Hard Knocks got another storyline

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...attery-charges

Chad Johnson arrested in Florida

Chad Johnson arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery.

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday night for misdemeanor domestic battery, according to Davie (Fla.) Police Department captain Dale Engle.

Johnson

Johnson is in police custody, and will have to see a judge before he can be released.

The argument started while the couple was in their car. As they pulled into their driveway, Johnson's wife claims he leaned over and headbutted her, while Johnson claims his wife leaned forward and they bumped heads.

Johnson's wife has a laceration on her forehead. She was treated on the scene and transported to the hospital.

The call to police came at Johnson's residence.
    The couple was married on July 4.

Default Re: Chad Johnson arrested for Domestic Violence

There are some people that should just go away.

This idiot is on that list.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

They'll cut him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs

Confirming @JayGlazer that Chad Johnson has been released. Source to me: "His story, in the end, isn't believable."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...show/#comments

VH1 pulls Chad Johnson reality show

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 13, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT

Last month Dolphins receiver Chad Johnson (who hadn’t yet changed his name from Chad Ochocinco) was planning to play football until age 40, and was planning a VH1 reality show. Both of those plans took a hit when Johnson was arrested for domestic violence over the weekend.

VH1 told Brian Stelter of the New York Times that it is pulling the reality show, called Ev & Ocho, after Johnson was arrested for allegedly head butting his wife, Evelyn Lozada.

The arrest led to the Dolphins cutting ties with Johnson, and now VH1 has decided not to stay involved with him. The cable channel has already taped 11 episodes of the reality show, which was supposed to premiere on September 3, but VH1 says it has no current plans to air those episodes.

Both Johnson and Lozada have plenty of experience with reality television: Lozada was on Basketball Wives when she was engaged to former NBA player Antoine Walker, and Johnson was on Hard Knocks when it profiled the Bengals’ training camp in 2009 and was prominently featured again last week when HBO aired the first Hard Knocks episode focusing on the Dolphins. Johnson will surely be prominently featured again on Tuesday night, as Hard Knocks will take us inside the Dolphins’ decision to release Johnson. After that, we may not be hearing much from Johnson in NFL circles anymore.

Despite the regular presence of reality TV cameras on both Johnson and Lozada, no cameras were rolling during the incident that led to Johnson’s arrest.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...headline_stack

Evelyn Lozada files for divorce from Chad Johnson

After six weeks of marriage, Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from Chad Johnson, NFL.com confirmed Tuesday.

On the heels of Johnson's arrest on a domestic violence charge, the "Basketball Wives" star filed documents with Broward County Court that categorized her marriage to the former Miami Dolphins wideout as "irretrievably broken," according to TMZ.com.

Johnson was arrested Saturday for allegedly head-butting Lozada during a "heated argument" over a receipt for condoms found in the couple's car.

One day later, the 34-year-old wideout was released by the Miami Dolphins, part of a rapid freefall for the 11-year veteran.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...t-since-arrest

Chad Johnson contrite in first statement since arrest

Chad Johnson has released his first statement following his Saturday night arrest and subsequent release from the Miami Dolphins.

The statement, in full, which was posted Tuesday on OCNN.com:

"I would like to apologize to everyone for the recent events that have occurred. I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death. I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL. To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies. I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

OCNN.com -- or the OchoCinco News Network -- has been suspiciously silent since Johnson was arrested for allegedly head-butting wife Evelyn Lozada during a domestic incident on Saturday night. In fact, there is still no reference to Johnson's arrest or release from the Dolphins anywhere on the site.

Johnson told Joe Philbin last week on "Hard Knocks" that football was "his life," so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he would publicly state his intentions to continue his career. Lozada filed for divorce on Tuesday and has signed an affadavit indicating she will press charges against her husband.

It's possible another team will take a flier on Johnson, but given the uncertainty around him, that's unlikely to happen before the start of the regular season.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Basketball Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he screwed the pooch on this one. His wife of 41 days filed for divorce.... ...