Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 179

Thread: Should the Pacers make another move?

  1. #126
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This thread took an incredibly idiotic turn. Just so we are clear: We have an actual argument that Joe Johnson is a more clutch basketball player than LeBron James. That is what I believe I am reading.
    Yes, yes we do
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a group of player that I rather give the ball to on the clutch than Lebron and JJ is included, I take Kobe, Melo, Durant, Pierce, JJ and Wade over Lebron in the last five minutes
    Honestly, I'm just surprised Monta Ellis isn't on the list as well.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  2. #127
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Tangent: Are we sure OlBlu and vnzla are not the same person? Have we cross checked IPs? They seem to have each other's backs far too often and both utilize emoticons liberally.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  4. #128
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been clutch doesn't have anything to do with making it to a championship or a conference finals, many great ones never made it to the finals, that doesn't mean they sucked.
    Just so we're clear, in all seriousness, you said you would take Joe Johnson over Lebron James in the last 5 minutes of a close game. Do you understand that?

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  6. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but he is comparing Joe Johnson to Lebron James.
    I've never compared Lebron to JJ you guys are the ones making the comparison.

  7. #130
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    14,925

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been clutch doesn't have anything to do with making it to a championship or a conference finals, many great ones never made it to the finals, that doesn't mean they sucked.
    Actually, being clutch has a lot to do with deep success in the playoffs, or at least big games on the biggest stage. When the pressure is up, the spotlight is on, that's when guys show what they are truly made of. Joe Johnson is a fine player and may well be an assassin in the clutch--but he hasn't done it in a big enough setting for me to call him better than LeBron James, who has some famous LeChokes, but also has carried a team to a title and another far inferior team to the Finals. And that man has been in the spotlight his entire career.

  8. #131
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never compared Lebron to JJ you guys are the ones making the comparison.
    You are incredible.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  10. #132
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,526

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thanked you for both posts....... ...
    Yeah, I don't think we are in 100% agreement, but I think we are closer than we are far apart on the Granger-Pierce/Celts-Pacers thing.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  11. #133
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well said, they would love him if he played in Indy...... Most of them are just homers who drink nothing but Pacer koolade and actually know very little about the rest of the NBA. The ones who are knowledgable will say they don't like him but then immediately mention that he is the best player on the planet.... perhaps the best ever..... ...
    This isn't the first time this guy has attempted to insult either specific posters or the entire PD forum in general. Not only in this thread but also others. At what point is his ever-increasing trolling actually going to be considered trolling?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:


  13. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, being clutch has a lot to do with deep success in the playoffs, or at least big games on the biggest stage. When the pressure is up, the spotlight is on, that's when guys show what they are truly made of. Joe Johnson is a fine player and may well be an assassin in the clutch--but he hasn't done it in a big enough setting for me to call him better than LeBron James, who has some famous LeChokes, but also has carried a team to a title and another far inferior team to the Finals. And that man has been in the spotlight his entire career.
    And again I've never say that he is better than Lebron, the overreaction is not letting many of you read what I'm talking about.

    Lebron to me is good enough to destroy teams(like he did last year) that he doesn't have to be clutch because of the big margin of victory, he is just that good, my point is that if I need a player to take a last second shot I rather take the players I've mentioned and I even forgot Drose who is one the best clutch players in the NBA.

    On the playoffs when Miami was playing the Pacers I wanted Lebron to have the ball in the last minute and he did Lechoke many times last year.

  14. #135
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    You said last 5 minutes of a close game you would rather have Joe Johnson over Lebron James, you can keep trying to twist the words anyway you like, but don't be surprised that you will continue to look around and find yourself alone on crazy island.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  16. #136
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,526

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with the last part of your post 100%. But there is a big difference (in my opinion) between an average NBA player and a good NBA player. I'm not saying he's a star, and definitely not an All-Star. But he's far from a "solid" or average NBA starter. Anybody who is in the top 50-60 players in the league, that's a little more than solid.....at least in my opinion
    I think maybe we disagree on semantics. You see solid as more like a C grade, I think maybe I see it more like a B-/B grade. I do think he is above average, perhaps we can argue about how above average for DG. If you prefer good as your qualifier, I have no big argument. He's certainly not bad. We obviously are on the same page on his ideal role for us to be an elite contender.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to D-BONE For This Useful Post:


  18. #137
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,485

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Roy, Hill, and Danny are enough leadership for this team. I think the team needs to get better.

    If you had Smith, then you have size at every position. You'll have Paul/Danny/Josh that can defend any big lineup in the NBA as well as any small ball lineup in the NBA. You'll have three very good defenders that have different strengths that you can throw at LeBron James. You'll have a lineup that starts four long shot blockers.

    That is legitimately a way I can see maybe a less talented team beat a better talented team in Miami. Just because of shear size and athleticism.
    I had to bump this- haha I just realized there are some people actually against trading our 13/6 PF for a 19-10 PF lol

    Would you trade for a guy that is better at every single aspect of the game for your current starter?? "No! Our guy is a better 'leader!'"

    That is ridiculous.
    Last edited by mattie; 08-13-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

  19. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said last 5 minutes of a close game you would rather have Joe Johnson over Lebron James, you can keep trying to twist the words anyway you like, but don't be surprised that you will continue to look around and find yourself alone on crazy island.
    Forgot to take the pills today? I'm not twisting any words but I'm not going to argue with somebody that doesn't really want to have a conversation, please stop replaying to my posts if all you are going to do is try to argue.

  20. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.ThunderMakeR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This isn't the first time this guy has attempted to insult either specific posters or the entire PD forum in general. Not only in this thread but also others. At what point is his ever-increasing trolling actually going to be considered trolling?
    I didn't attempt to insult anyone. If I had wanted to insult them, I would have done it. I meant exactly what I said and it is not trolling to point out that some here don't know what they are talking about and only root for the home team. I don't see anything bad about that but there is no sense in trying to point out anything to them like Danny Granger is a good player but probably the second most overrated player in Pacer history. If you were insulted, put me on ignore..... ...

  21. #140
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    29,151

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgot to take the pills today? I'm not twisting any words but I'm not going to argue with somebody that doesn't really want to have a conversation, please stop replaying to my posts if all you are going to do is try to argue.
    I don't know what the first part of your post implies, but I am not trying to argue against anything that is made up or false. I am however saying that I cannot for the life of me understand why you would rather have Joe Johnson over Lebron James in the last 5 minutes of a game.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:


  23. #141
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,259

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't attempt to insult anyone. If I had wanted to insult them, I would have done it. I meant exactly what I said and it is not trolling to point out that some here don't know what they are talking about and only root for the home team. I don't see anything bad about that but there is no sense in trying to point out anything to them like Danny Granger is a good player but probably the second most overrated player in Pacer history. If you were insulted, put me on ignore..... ...
    Normally I would agree with you however your statement that "most of them are homers" implies that most people on the forum are homers because you didn't specify it any other way. That is an insult to the posters on this board whether you think it's bad or not is irrelevant.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  25. #142
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,259

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Ok once again I am going to come on here and remind people that the ignore button is your friend. Going back & forth with people who you know won't change their mind no matter what is both useless & counter productive.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  27. #143
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,256
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Thanks Peck for the reminder. Getting called a homer and being told that I am ignorant of the rest of the NBA is the final straw for me. Obvious troll is obvious...ignored.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:


  29. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks Peck for the reminder. Getting called a homer and being told that I am ignorant of the rest of the NBA is the final straw for me. Obvious troll is obvious...ignored.
    Calling somebody a troll because you disagree with them is not right either.

  30. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Normally I would agree with you however your statement that "most of them are homers" implies that most people on the forum are homers because you didn't specify it any other way. That is an insult to the posters on this board whether you think it's bad or not is irrelevant.
    Let me put it this way. Are most posters on PD homers who are fanatical about their teams? I happen to think that they are. I don't think that is bad but it is like talking to a brick wall when it comes to Pacers or Colts players. I have had people tell me today that Luck will beat all of Peyton's records and is a better prospect than Cam Newton. I have one who tells me that the Pacers have the best starting five in all of basketball and that they are better than the Boston Celtics. That makes them homers to me and their comments have to be viewed with a grain of salt. So, if people are insulted by being called "homers" here then so be it. I suspect they would be insulted if it was pointed out that Indianapolis really is not the center of the sports universe. Am I not allowed to have the opinion that most posters here are homers? I would have thought that saying they don't know what they are talking about would be more insulting than that. Anyone is free to put me on ignore. I could care less..... ...

  31. #146
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,256
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling somebody a troll because you disagree with them is not right either.
    That is BS...He has implied that I smoke drugs, am too young to comprehend the NBA , am a blind homer, and am ignorant of the NBA. THAT is trolling. Guess I have to ignore you too. Same d*** person, geeze.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:


  33. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calling somebody a troll because you disagree with them is not right either.
    Disagreeing with some of the posters here is frowned upon and some of them are insulted when someone does disagree. I disagree with you all of the time (and I agree with you often too). I don't think you are a troll. I think it is being just as much a troll if a poster is a complete homer who says preposterous things like "the Pacers have the best staring five in the NBA" or that they have seen enough and Andrew Luck is a top ten QB. I guess there is not talking to people like that at all. He is welcome to ignore me. He will have someone tell him that I have said something that I have not. Calling someone a troll is the only defense some of these hopeless folk have, they have no argument for their positions..... ...

  34. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is BS...He has implied that I smoke drugs, am too young to comprehend the NBA , am a blind homer, and am ignorant of the NBA. THAT is trolling. Guess I have to ignore you too. Same d*** person, geeze.
    Your comments make one wonder what you are smoking, if you are 12 years old and if you know anything about any other team in the NBA. You are a blind homer. Those things are evident from your posts. You call people "troll" when you can't win an argument but go ahead. You will eventually have everyone on ignore and then we can comment on how silly your posts are without you calling us names.... ...

  35. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by adamscb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow you're such a troll, not that i took any of your previous posts seriously to begin with...
    What is the garbage of calling him a troll just because you disagree with him. I don't agree with him on this but there are lots of people in the sports world who do agree with him. Does that make all of them trolls too? Perhaps this is a case of "the smeller is the feller" and you are really the troll. He didn't call you any names that I have seen..... ...

  36. #150
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,606

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Back to the Title of the thread...

    Yea, I'd like to see a move done if only for the best possible player at the best possible value on a 1 year deal to create more trade bait during the season.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 07:40 AM
  5. Pacers must make a big move
    By Jon Theodore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •