Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Should the Pacers make another move?

Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think they are light years ahead of the Pacers but I think they are better, they have 3 players that are better than any Pacers player, Ray Allen left but they brought a similar clutch player in Jason T, I guess that as long as their new big 3 are healthy I wouldn't bet against them on the playoffs.

Their bench is also better, like I said before to me the Pacers are made for the regular season and the Celtics are made for the playoffs.
    Well at least we can agree to disagree civilly...I happen to think we are better than the Celtics in both. Guess I am a homer, but I truly think that way. Only time will tell.

Lebron is known for not been that clutch, he is also not that good from 3 so nope I wasn't talking about him.
    So you are officially saying that Joe Johnson is more clutch than LeBron James? I just want this on the record.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Lebron is known for not been that clutch, he is also not that good from 3 so nope I wasn't talking about him.
    Lebron has shown time and again that he is plenty clutch. Just because the media has decided that not winning a title every year=not clutch, does not mean you have to believe it. There is no other word for Lebron's game against us in game 4 of the second round than clutch. That was a moment when Lebron could have folded, but he reached down and delivered a brilliant performance. He did it again in the ECF and delivered yet again in the Finals. In the Olympics, he proved to be the guy who could score any time he wanted and was a safety net for every other player.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    So you are officially saying that Joe Johnson is more clutch than LeBron James? I just want this on the record.
    I have a group of player that I rather give the ball to on the clutch than Lebron and JJ is included, I take Kobe, Melo, Durant, Pierce, JJ and Wade over Lebron in the last five minutes and before you ask nope I'm not saying this players are better than Lebron we are only talking about clutch shooting or ability to close the games, maybe Lebron is turning that corner but I'm not ready to put him up there yet.

I have a group of player that I rather give the ball to on the clutch than Lebron and JJ is included, I take Kobe, Melo, Durant, Pierce, JJ and Wade over Lebron in the last five minutes and before you ask nope I'm not saying this players are better than Lebron we are only talking about clutch shooting or ability to close the games, maybe Lebron is turning that corner but I'm not ready to put him up there yet.
    Obviously I could point out that 82games.com disputes your claim entirely. But I'd rather just point out how you're lazily taking the media's word instead of verifying yourself. Kobe Bryant is has been annointed by the media as the King of Clutch. It's funny because Kobe is HORRIBLE in the clutch. If there is one thing you can count on in a close game against LA, it is Kobe hurling crap at the rim and you have a legitimate chance to win.

It's also funny because Gasol and Bynum get smart and just crash the boards hard in an effort to save the Lakers from Kobe's **** poor play.

Your stance on who is clutch is based entirely on the medias narrative that you've fallen for hook line and sinker. This coming from the guy who considers himself an outside of the box thinker that brings something different to this board. Right now you sound like just got done listening to Chris Broussard tell you everything he knows about basketball.

***** weak son!
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Obviously I could point out that 82games.com disputes your claim entirely. But I'd rather just point out how you're lazily taking the media's word instead of verifying yourself. Kobe Bryant is has been annointed by the media as the King of Clutch. It's funny because Kobe is HORRIBLE in the clutch. If there is one thing you can count on in a close game against LA, it is Kobe hurling crap at the rim and you have a legitimate chance to win.

It's also funny because Gasol and Bynum get smart and just crash the boards hard in an effort to save the Lakers from Kobe's **** poor play.

Your stance on who is clutch is based entirely on the medias narrative that you've fallen for hook line and sinker. This coming from the guy who considers himself an outside of the box thinker that brings something different to this board. Right now you sound like just got done listening to Chris Broussard tell you everything he knows about basketball.

***** weak son!
    Just when I thought you were turning the corner :

You'd rather have Joe Johnson closing a game than Lebron James? That is hilarious.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trader Joe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

***** weak son!
    Well, pardon me, but I have watched a lot of games and I don't know if I have seen anyone since Michael Jordan and Larry Bird, hit as many game winners as Kobe does. I'll let him take the last shot for me any time. I think LBJ got his reputation because in earlier years he passed the ball in those situations to an open teammate. Now, he still does that a bit but he looks to make that winning shot himself. So, I understand how he got the reputation but I think he has proven it is bogus now...... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I really hope you're kidding. Give away picks + our most veteran leadership presence (not to mention a very good player) for a knucklehead? Yeah, Smith is athletic, but he is not what is needed to have this team get better.
    I think Roy, Hill, and Danny are enough leadership for this team. I think the team needs to get better.

If you had Smith, then you have size at every position. You'll have Paul/Danny/Josh that can defend any big lineup in the NBA as well as any small ball lineup in the NBA. You'll have three very good defenders that have different strengths that you can throw at LeBron James. You'll have a lineup that starts four long shot blockers.

That is legitimately a way I can see maybe a less talented team beat a better talented team in Miami. Just because of shear size and athleticism.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't know about you guys, but I say Lebron was the definition of clutch in the playoffs...
    Last edited by adamscb; 08-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:

billbradley

I will never forget this game.

29 of your teams last 30 points in DOUBLE overtime in an Eastern Conference Finals game win IN DETROIT?

Not sure JJ has done that before.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to billbradley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post

29 of your teams last 30 points in DOUBLE overtime in an Eastern Conference Finals game win IN DETROIT?

Joe Johnson has never even made it past the second round.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I think the topic of Lebron is not clutch has been put to rest this summer. With the playoffs and Olympics, Lebron has shown us that he is finally the king. And I am a hater.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Major Cold For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by billbradley View Post

that's nothing compared to Lebron's 29 points. half of the video is replays.

Tough for me to say Joe Johnson has really shown up in big games when he's barely even played in any. Aren't you the guy always running around here saying the goal is championship or bust? The guy hasn't even played for a conference title.

The weird part about the LBJ hate is that he is truly wanna of the nicest people. I mean I get the jealousy I guess. He's the best player on the planet so there is some jealousy there. But he's truly just one of the nicest people. You can't enjoy watching his incredible game? I mean MJ was a dick. Truly a prick. So at least you could have some sort of excuse for disliking MJ. With LBJ? He's truly breathtaking to watch at nearly every aspect of the game. The majority of the time he's the best rebounder, passer, scorer, and defender on the court. And the entire time he's a gotta million dollar smile on while playing. How can anyone dislike him? I don't get it!

Read it and weep:

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mattie For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    I think the topic of Lebron is not clutch has been put to rest this summer. With the playoffs and Olympics, Lebron has shown us that he is finally the king. And I am a hater.
    Lebron chocked on many games last year, winning the Championship has made people forget about it or look the other way, yes he is less Lechoke but I don't think he is out of the woods yet, remember the game of the "good job good effort kidd'?

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Tough for me to say Joe Johnson has really shown up in big games when he's barely even played in any. Aren't you the guy always running around here saying the goal is championship or bust? The guy hasn't even played for a conference title.
    Neither has Love on the Timberwolves but wouldn't you like to have him on your team instead of West? ...

This thread took an incredibly idiotic turn. Just so we are clear: We have an actual argument that Joe Johnson is a more clutch basketball player than LeBron James. That is what I believe I am reading.

billbradley

JJ scored 20 in the fourth, there wasn't even a game winner.

While a great performance, the JJ vid is not near the same as LBJ carrying a team for three periods with clutch shooting and scoring at the end of each quarter, overtime and game.

Lebron chocked on many games last year, winning the Championship has made people forget about it or look the other way, yes he is less Lechoke but I don't think he is out of the woods yet, remember the game of the "good job good effort kidd'?
    wow you're such a troll, not that i took any of your previous posts seriously to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Neither has Love on the Timberwolves but wouldn't you like to have him on your team instead of West? ...
    Yes, but he is comparing Joe Johnson to Lebron James.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    Been clutch doesn't have anything to do with making it to a championship or a conference finals, many great ones never made it to the finals, that doesn't mean they sucked.

Banned
    Mood

The weird part about the LBJ hate is that he is truly wanna of the nicest people. I mean I get the jealousy I guess. He's the best player on the planet so there is some jealousy there. But he's truly just one of the nicest people. You can't enjoy watching his incredible game? I mean MJ was a dick. Truly a prick. So at least you could have some sort of excuse for disliking MJ. With LBJ? He's truly breathtaking to watch at nearly every aspect of the game. The majority of the time he's the best rebounder, passer, scorer, and defender on the court. And the entire time he's a gotta million dollar smile on while playing. How can anyone dislike him? I don't get it!
    Well said, they would love him if he played in Indy...... Most of them are just homers who drink nothing but Pacer koolade and actually know very little about the rest of the NBA. The ones who are knowledgable will say they don't like him but then immediately mention that he is the best player on the planet.... perhaps the best ever..... ...