Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 179

Thread: Should the Pacers make another move?

  1. #76
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Balance away but the Pacers are not even close to being the Celtics and even if they did have a better season record, the Celtics would quickly send them home in the playoffs. You don't get it, the Celtics improved a lot in the draft and with deals they made. The Pacers only added some bench strength. The result is the Celtics are better than the Pacers. But I will give you a pass for your youth as an excuse for your lack of knowledge..... ...
    We were better than the Celtics last year. They had the best 3 point shooter of all time last year and now they don't. Their rookies are not going to help them as much as you think they are this year...Rookies usually don't. Our starting 5, as a unit, was better than the Celtics starting 5 last year. Adding Jet, a decent player on offense, but not so much defensively does not automatically leap frog them ahead of the Pacers. Let's watch him guard OUR 2.....You, as always, are selling the Pacers short. Where is your evidence that the Celtics are sooo much better? If their roster is sooo better and their coach is soo much better, with 1 foot in the Hall of Fame, WHY WEREN'T THEY BETTER LAST YEAR? Last I checked, they didn't add Kobe or LaBron to their roster. What makes you think they are better? I guess if you can excuse my youth (I am 41, btw), then I can excuse your senility.

  2. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were better than the Celtics last year. They had the best 3 point shooter of all time last year and now they don't. Their rookies are not going to help them as much as you think they are this year...Rookies usually don't. Our starting 5, as a unit, was better than the Celtics starting 5 last year. Adding Jet, a decent player on offense, but not so much defensively does not automatically leap frog them ahead of the Pacers. Let's watch him guard OUR 2.....You, as always, are selling the Pacers short. Where is your evidence that the Celtics are sooo much better? If their roster is sooo better and their coach is soo much better, with 1 foot in the Hall of Fame, WHY WEREN'T THEY BETTER LAST YEAR? Last I checked, they didn't add Kobe or LaBron to their roster. What makes you think they are better? I guess if you can excuse my youth (I am 41, btw), then I can excuse your senility.
    Our starting five was better than the Celtics? What are you smoking. They have three players who are better than anyone the Pacers have. We were not better than the Celtics last year. Yes, we had a better in season record but when the playoffs came, the Celtics stars made them by far the better team. Allen left but they signed a couple of very good players and one of them is better right now that Allen is. They get a couple of important players back from injury. My evidence is that the Celtics took the Heat to seven games and played well when the Heat had Bosh. We won two games from them when Bosh was out and they had to adjust. When they made that adjustment, the Pacers were toast. I do excuse your youth and in my world, 41 is young. The Celtics are the second best team in the East. The Pacers maybe down to six or seven. I rate Miami, Boston, both NY teams and Philly ahead of them with the aquisition of Bynum who is now the best center in the East. The Pacers chose to only add a few bench players who are only marginally better than what they already had. That means they didn't get any better and before you give me the line that they will improve, I only see room for real improvement in George. West may even decline. Hibbert might improve a bit but what you see is what you will get. The draft choice may turn out to be good but I don't think Plumlee will add a lot to this team next year. I am not selling the Pacers short. The teams I rate ahead of them made significant additions and got significant injured players back. I picked the Pacers to be 48-34. They could be a couple of games better or a couple of games worse. If they have a major injury, they might struggle to get to the playoffs at all... I, like you, am hoping for the best but they had a very fortunate year and they are not likely to be free of injuries again. A big injury to any of the teams I mentioned could move them up a notch but right now, I see them as a six through eight seed. ...

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What does that have to do with your claim that Danny is only a spot up 3 shooter? You are side stepping again...

    And Iverson was garbage for his last 4 or 5 seasons... He was near unstoppable before that...
    Granger is a spot of three point shooter. He can't drive to the hoop. Our all time leading scorer was also a three point specialist...... I was never an Iverson fan but the guy could play. When he lost a step, he couldn't play any more.... ...

  4. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a big difference between a 3pt shooter, and a SPOT 3pt shooter. When I hear SPOT 3pt shooter I think of someone who is simply out there to spread the floor for other players. They are SPOTTING UP in an area waiting to receive a pass from a post player or off a drive and kick. They aren't really able to score in other ways and certainly aren't your main threats offensively.

    Reggie, Ray Allen, those types of players aren't spot 3pt shooters. They move around screens, and at times they can even create their own offense by driving the lane or simply pulling up from mid range. You can focus your offensive attack around those players, you don't create your offense around a player whose sole purpose is to stand in the corner and knock down wide open 3s when they come--ya know, kinda how SPOT 3pt shooters are supposed to do
    I think Granger spends almost all of his time on offense lurking out in three point land like the players you describe. I agree that Reggie was not a spot up three point shooter and that is why I labled him differently. Granger can't drive with the ball because he is a lousy ball handler. He doesn't post up. He sits out in three point land waiting to chuck it. That, fits your definition of a spot up three point shooter. He just happens to be a forward and taller than the ones you mentioned..... ...

  5. #80
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Granger spends almost all of his time on offense lurking out in three point land like the players you describe. I agree that Reggie was not a spot up three point shooter and that is why I labled him differently. Granger can't drive with the ball because he is a lousy ball handler. He doesn't post up. He sits out in three point land waiting to chuck it. That, fits your definition of a spot up three point shooter. He just happens to be a forward and taller than the ones you mentioned..... ...

    You don't watch very many pacer games, OR we just don't see the same player. I'll explain:

    Last year in 33 minutes per game Danny took about 15 FGA a game. Of Danny's 15 FGA/gm, only 5 of them were 3's. That's not even half of his FGA's!!. That mean's there were 10 more shots within the game where he either got a mid range J, or a layup of some sort. So that dissolves your notion of he just "camps at the 3pt line waiting to chuck it".

    Also...

    Danny averaged 5 FTA/gm as well. No that's not as many as other great scorers, but for a player that doesn't go inside nor post up, as you claim, that's pretty significant. When you compare this number to players on a similar level as Danny (Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, and Joe Johnson.) you'll see that his FTA/gm are HIGHER than all 4 of those players...while playing less minutes no less. Are these guys spot up 3 pt shooters? No they aren't. Yet their 3pt FGA are roughly the same (minus Gay and Iggy who aren't very good 3pt shooters anyway), and their FTA are lower. That doesn't make sense....

    I get that you don't think DG is good or whatever, but you don't have facts to prove your case. You're only using your opinion.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  7. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't watch very many pacer games, OR we just don't see the same player. I'll explain:

    Last year in 33 minutes per game Danny took about 15 FGA a game. Of Danny's 15 FGA/gm, only 5 of them were 3's. That's not even half of his FGA's!!. That mean's there were 10 more shots within the game where he either got a mid range J, or a layup of some sort. So that dissolves your notion of he just "camps at the 3pt line waiting to chuck it".

    Also...

    Danny averaged 5 FTA/gm as well. No that's not as many as other great scorers, but for a player that doesn't go inside nor post up, as you claim, that's pretty significant. When you compare this number to players on a similar level as Danny (Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, and Joe Johnson.) you'll see that his FTA/gm are HIGHER than all 4 of those players...while playing less minutes no less. Are these guys spot up 3 pt shooters? No they aren't. Yet their 3pt FGA are roughly the same (minus Gay and Iggy who aren't very good 3pt shooters anyway), and their FTA are lower. That doesn't make sense....

    I get that you don't think DG is good or whatever, but you don't have facts to prove your case. You're only using your opinion.

    DG is a SF. One third of his shots are threes. That is a high percentage for that position. Yes, I do watch games and I continually see him camped out in three point land waiting for a pass. Many of his other shots come from within a step of that area. You own argument proves my point. DG doesn't get fouled as often as a star at his position would. The reason for that is that he is camped out and not driving to the hoop because he can't. He is shy of contact inside and very rarely posts up. You believe whatever you want but DG is definitely a post up three point shooter. He is also a mediocre rebounder for his position (especially on the offensive end) because he doesn't play inside. I haven't said that DG is not good. I have said that he is the second most overrated Pacer in history. That doesn't mean that he isn't the best player we have now. I have not been an advocate of trading him for a spare tire but only if it was something really good for the Pacers. I think PG will eventually be the SF and we will be a better team when that happens..... By the way, DG is not even close to being on the same level as the players you mention..... ...

  8. #82
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our starting five was better than the Celtics? What are you smoking. They have three players who are better than anyone the Pacers have. We were not better than the Celtics last year. Yes, we had a better in season record but when the playoffs came, the Celtics stars made them by far the better team. Allen left but they signed a couple of very good players and one of them is better right now that Allen is. They get a couple of important players back from injury. My evidence is that the Celtics took the Heat to seven games and played well when the Heat had Bosh. We won two games from them when Bosh was out and they had to adjust. When they made that adjustment, the Pacers were toast. I do excuse your youth and in my world, 41 is young. The Celtics are the second best team in the East. The Pacers maybe down to six or seven. I rate Miami, Boston, both NY teams and Philly ahead of them with the aquisition of Bynum who is now the best center in the East. The Pacers chose to only add a few bench players who are only marginally better than what they already had. That means they didn't get any better and before you give me the line that they will improve, I only see room for real improvement in George. West may even decline. Hibbert might improve a bit but what you see is what you will get. The draft choice may turn out to be good but I don't think Plumlee will add a lot to this team next year. I am not selling the Pacers short. The teams I rate ahead of them made significant additions and got significant injured players back. I picked the Pacers to be 48-34. They could be a couple of games better or a couple of games worse. If they have a major injury, they might struggle to get to the playoffs at all... I, like you, am hoping for the best but they had a very fortunate year and they are not likely to be free of injuries again. A big injury to any of the teams I mentioned could move them up a notch but right now, I see them as a six through eight seed. ...
    I don't smoke anything. The numbers speak for themselves on our starting 5 compared to theirs. What alternative Universe do you live in? As I stated, our 5 AS A UNIT, were better than the Celtics. I think we would have beaten the Celtics last year in the playoffs had we met them. They barely got by Philly. As far as Philly jumping ahead of us, they got stronger at the 5 but weaker on the wings. They lost an Olympian. Why do you discount that fact? Bynum, the best 5 in the East? Hardly. He is fragile both physically and mentally and, mark my words, will not flourish as the #1 go-to option. We kept our SUPERIOR starting 5 intact and shed some dead weight, while adding athleticism. In other words, we got better. We were better than them last year and we will be better than them this year. I think you argue just for argue's sake sometimes. I don't believe in ignoring people on forums, but man you are trying my patience. I give you reasons why I feel we are better and you claim I am smoking something. Ridiculous......*again...stupid sunglass smiley icon*

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:


  10. #83
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DG is a SF. One third of his shots are threes. That is a high percentage for that position. Yes, I do watch games and I continually see him camped out in three point land waiting for a pass. Many of his other shots come from within a step of that area. You own argument proves my point. DG doesn't get fouled as often as a star at his position would. The reason for that is that he is camped out and not driving to the hoop because he can't. He is shy of contact inside and very rarely posts up. You believe whatever you want but DG is definitely a post up three point shooter. He is also a mediocre rebounder for his position (especially on the offensive end) because he doesn't play inside. I haven't said that DG is not good. I have said that he is the second most overrated Pacer in history. That doesn't mean that he isn't the best player we have now. I have not been an advocate of trading him for a spare tire but only if it was something really good for the Pacers. I think PG will eventually be the SF and we will be a better team when that happens..... By the way, DG is not even close to being on the same level as the players you mention..... ...
    Now you are just trolling....give me a break, man. Why are you even here? I'm out.....

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mildlysane For This Useful Post:


  12. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now you are just trolling....give me a break, man. Why are you even here? I'm out.....
    I am not trolling. I just disagree with you and I am right, about DG not being on the level of the SFs you mention. I would trade him in a heart beat for any of them. I would throw in draft choices or other players too. I don't think you find any of these teams interested in trading one of those players for Granger unless we threw in a lot. Why are you here if you cannot take a realistic view of the team and its players. ...

  13. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who ever said Iverson was garbage on the floor, at least before he was a career tail-ender? The objections here have been to his attitude, not his playing ability.
    At least two post before this one call him garbage at the end of his career when he was still putting big numbers.

  14. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were better than the Celtics last year. They had the best 3 point shooter of all time last year and now they don't. Their rookies are not going to help them as much as you think they are this year...Rookies usually don't. Our starting 5, as a unit, was better than the Celtics starting 5 last year. Adding Jet, a decent player on offense, but not so much defensively does not automatically leap frog them ahead of the Pacers. Let's watch him guard OUR 2.....You, as always, are selling the Pacers short. Where is your evidence that the Celtics are sooo much better? If their roster is sooo better and their coach is soo much better, with 1 foot in the Hall of Fame, WHY WEREN'T THEY BETTER LAST YEAR? Last I checked, they didn't add Kobe or LaBron to their roster. What makes you think they are better? I guess if you can excuse my youth (I am 41, btw), then I can excuse your senility.
    So how Boston took Miami to 7 games if they are not as good as the Pacers?

  15. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't watch very many pacer games, OR we just don't see the same player. I'll explain:

    Last year in 33 minutes per game Danny took about 15 FGA a game. Of Danny's 15 FGA/gm, only 5 of them were 3's. That's not even half of his FGA's!!. That mean's there were 10 more shots within the game where he either got a mid range J, or a layup of some sort. So that dissolves your notion of he just "camps at the 3pt line waiting to chuck it".

    Also...

    I am curious. Would anyone on the board trade DG for

    Danny averaged 5 FTA/gm as well. No that's not as many as other great scorers, but for a player that doesn't go inside nor post up, as you claim, that's pretty significant. When you compare this number to players on a similar level as Danny (Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, and Joe Johnson.) you'll see that his FTA/gm are HIGHER than all 4 of those players...while playing less minutes no less. Are these guys spot up 3 pt shooters? No they aren't. Yet their 3pt FGA are roughly the same (minus Gay and Iggy who aren't very good 3pt shooters anyway), and their FTA are lower. That doesn't make sense....

    I get that you don't think DG is good or whatever, but you don't have facts to prove your case. You're only using your opinion.
    I think you may be on to something. How many on this forum would trade DG for Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, or Joe Johnson? How many would throw in players or picks to make that deal? How many would not trade DG for any of these players or which ones would you not be interested in? Would any of the teams that have these players be willing to trade one of them for DG? Let me know what you think........ ...

  16. #88
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    DG is a SF. One third of his shots are threes. That is a high percentage for that position. Yes, I do watch games and I continually see him camped out in three point land waiting for a pass. Many of his other shots come from within a step of that area. You own argument proves my point. DG doesn't get fouled as often as a star at his position would. The reason for that is that he is camped out and not driving to the hoop because he can't. He is shy of contact inside and very rarely posts up. You believe whatever you want but DG is definitely a post up three point shooter. He is also a mediocre rebounder for his position (especially on the offensive end) because he doesn't play inside. I haven't said that DG is not good. I have said that he is the second most overrated Pacer in history. That doesn't mean that he isn't the best player we have now. I have not been an advocate of trading him for a spare tire but only if it was something really good for the Pacers. I think PG will eventually be the SF and we will be a better team when that happens..... By the way, DG is not even close to being on the same level as the players you mention..... ...
    Lol so let me get this straight...
    If Danny isn't on the same level as the players I mentioned (your words, not mine), why would anyone expect him to get fouled as often as a "star at his position would"? (again--your words, not mine)
    My Point: If he's NOT EVEN CLOSE to being on the same level as these other players, then we shouldn't expect him to be fouled at a higher rate than the other players I mentioned, because again in your words, he isn't as good as them.

    YET...... HE GET'S FOULED AT A HIGHER RATE THAN THEY DO! And has throughout his career. How does a player have the same number of 3pt FGA, but more FTA as another player, yet one is considered a spot up 3pt shooter(the one with higher FTA/gm nonetheless), and the other isnt? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

    You bringing up the fact that he's a mediocre rebounder and whatever else is irrelevant to the argument that he's more than a spot up 3 pt shooter. A 3rd of someone's shots being taken behind the 3pt line doesn't make someone a spot up 3pt shooter whether you're a SF or a 2-guard (virtually the same in a lot of systems in the NBA)

  17. #89
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think you may be on to something. How many on this forum would trade DG for Luol Deng, Andre Iguodala, Rudy Gay, or Joe Johnson? How many would throw in players or picks to make that deal? How many would not trade DG for any of these players or which ones would you not be interested in? Would any of the teams that have these players be willing to trade one of them for DG? Let me know what you think........ ...
    Deng nor Andre can't score better than Danny, so I'm good. Johnson is ridiculously overpaid, and is basically Danny Granger with a better handle and lazier attitude. I myself would trade Danny for Rudy Gay, only because Rudy is younger and more athletic. But they have virtually been the same player their whole career's as well.

    You could easily post a poll to see who would trade whom for what. But it doesn't matter. We're fans. Would any of these GM's trade any of these players for one another? Probably not. Know why? Because they're virtually THE SAME LEVEL OF PLAYER, just with different strengths and weaknesses. None are superstars, or even annual all-stars.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  19. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deng nor Andre can't score better than Danny, so I'm good. Johnson is ridiculously overpaid, and is basically Danny Granger with a better handle and lazier attitude. I myself would trade Danny for Rudy Gay, only because Rudy is younger and more athletic. But they have virtually been the same player their whole career's as well.

    You could easily post a poll to see who would trade whom for what. But it doesn't matter. We're fans. Would any of these GM's trade any of these players for one another? Probably not. Know why? Because they're virtually THE SAME LEVEL OF PLAYER, just with different strengths and weaknesses. None are superstars, or even annual all-stars.
    Thank you for your opinion..... ...

  20. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deng nor Andre can't score better than Danny, so I'm good. Johnson is ridiculously overpaid, and is basically Danny Granger with a better handle and lazier attitude. I myself would trade Danny for Rudy Gay, only because Rudy is younger and more athletic. But they have virtually been the same player their whole career's as well.

    You could easily post a poll to see who would trade whom for what. But it doesn't matter. We're fans. Would any of these GM's trade any of these players for one another? Probably not. Know why? Because they're virtually THE SAME LEVEL OF PLAYER, just with different strengths and weaknesses. None are superstars, or even annual all-stars.
    Joe Jhonson is not basically Danny Granger, people talk crap about JJ because of his salary but the fact is that JJ is one of the best small guards in the game, probably top 3, he is a clutch shooter, can create his own shot, can shoot from almost anywhere, he has so many offensive tools that's almost impossible to stop him one on one, so I'm sorry but Danny and JJ are not even in the same ball park.

  21. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Jhonson is not basically Danny Granger, people talk crap about JJ because of his salary but the fact is that JJ is one of the best small guards in the game, probably top 3, he is a clutch shooter, can create his own shot, can shoot from almost anywhere, he has so many offensive tools that's almost impossible to stop him one on one, so I'm sorry but Danny and JJ are not even in the same ball park.
    I agree with you....... ...

  22. #93
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Jhonson is not basically Danny Granger, people talk crap about JJ because of his salary but the fact is that JJ is one of the best small guards in the game, probably top 3, he is a clutch shooter, can create his own shot, can shoot from almost anywhere, he has so many offensive tools that's almost impossible to stop him one on one, so I'm sorry but Danny and JJ are not even in the same ball park.
    I disagree with everything you have stated there. My head would explode if the Pacers took that god awful contract of JJ's. He is not what you say he is. Not sure what the heck your talking about quite frankly. How you talk about him is like JJ is Kobe in his hay day. The whole thing why people talk bad about JJ is because he way under performs per his contract. Hell, Atlanta would have never took that crap from the Nets if he was such a value chip. Brooklyn only did it cause they don't have a choice. They need to perform for Brooklyn.

    For everything JJ may do better then Danny, Danny does something else better. They both have strengths and weaknesses!

    All 4 remaining years are guaranteed
    2012/2013 - $19,752,645
    2013/2014 - $21,466,718
    2014/2015 - $23,180,790
    2015/2016 - $24,894,863
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 08-13-2012 at 01:24 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  24. #94
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,773

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joe Jhonson is not basically Danny Granger, people talk crap about JJ because of his salary but the fact is that JJ is one of the best small guards in the game, probably top 3, he is a clutch shooter, can create his own shot, can shoot from almost anywhere, he has so many offensive tools that's almost impossible to stop him one on one, so I'm sorry but Danny and JJ are not even in the same ball park.
    I'm confused, are you talking about Joe Johnson or LeBron James? Cause what you have described is LeBron James so I am to assume you were typing up something about him and accidently put it here and placed Joe Johnsons name on it.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  26. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm confused, are you talking about Joe Johnson or LeBron James? Cause what you have described is LeBron James so I am to assume you were typing up something about him and accidently put it here and placed Joe Johnsons name on it.
    Lebron is known for not been that clutch, he is also not that good from 3 so nope I wasn't talking about him.

  27. #96
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So how Boston took Miami to 7 games if they are not as good as the Pacers?
    They DIDN'T beat them, did they? The final results were the same as the Pacers, right? Fall back on the stats of our starting 5 vs theirs. Or fall back on the regular season results. Or the standings. Neither the Pacer NOR the Celtics beat the Heat in the playoffs. That's the facts, Jack.....*stupid sunglass smiley icon with tongue sticking out*
    ps-I have zero prob w/ you, I just get frustrated with the ancient smurf-colored one.

  28. #97
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    This thread has gotten ridiculous...

    Back on topic, the Pacers really need to address their PG situation. Don't get me wrong I like Hill, but his ideal role is a back up combo guard / sixth man off the bench. He just does not have the skills to run an offense. Augustin for DC is a lateral move.

    This was our most glaring weakness last season, and it has yet to be addressed.

  29. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They DIDN'T beat them, did they? The final results were the same as the Pacers, right? Fall back on the stats of our starting 5 vs theirs. Or fall back on the regular season results. Or the standings. Neither the Pacer NOR the Celtics beat the Heat in the playoffs. That's the facts, Jack.....*stupid sunglass smiley icon with tongue sticking out*
    ps-I have zero prob w/ you, I just get frustrated with the ancient smurf-colored one.
    The end result was not the same Boston took Miami to 7 games and the Pacers took them to six, not only that but if I remember correctly Bosh was back in the last games against Boston making it even harder for Boston to do anything.

    I think that if you talk about regular season records yeah the Pacers are going to have the best record because Boston doesn't give a crap about that, so in that case you are right, my point is that as soon as the playoffs start Boston is still the better team.

  30. #99
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,270
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The end result was not the same Boston took Miami to 7 games and the Pacers took them to six, not only that but if I remember correctly Bosh was back in the last games against Boston making it even harder for Boston to do anything.

    I think that if you talk about regular season records yeah the Pacers are going to have the best record because Boston doesn't give a crap about that, so in that case you are right, my point is that as soon as the playoffs start Boston is still the better team.
    By one game? Ok, I guess. Blu talks like they are/were light years ahead of the Pacers. BTW-We were winning the game Bosh was injured in. And the results WERE the same....we both lost to the Heat, regardless of how many games it took.

  31. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

    Quote Originally Posted by mildlysane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By one game? Ok, I guess. Blu talks like they are/were light years ahead of the Pacers. BTW-We were winning the game Bosh was injured in. And the results WERE the same....we both lost to the Heat, regardless of how many games it took.
    I don't think they are light years ahead of the Pacers but I think they are better, they have 3 players that are better than any Pacers player, Ray Allen left but they brought a similar clutch player in Jason T, I guess that as long as their new big 3 are healthy I wouldn't bet against them on the playoffs.

    Their bench is also better, like I said before to me the Pacers are made for the regular season and the Celtics are made for the playoffs.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 09:40 PM
  2. Replies: 72
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM
  4. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM
  5. Pacers must make a big move
    By Jon Theodore in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 08-24-2005, 02:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •