Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Pacers make another move?

Hybrid View

Default Should the Pacers make another move?

do you think the Pacers should make an end of the bench move, I would like to get a decent Power Forward that can push Tyler for his spot.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

There's no one left that is really good and we don't have much cap space anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

no, unless you get someone like barbosa that can play. otherwise, let's watch the guys play and save the last slot for fixing whatever needs to be fixed at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    no, unless you get someone like barbosa that can play. otherwise, let's watch the guys play and save the last slot for fixing whatever needs to be fixed at the trade deadline.
    Do we only have 1 spot left? I thought we had 2? If only one, no need to fill it, keep it open in case something opens up

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Leandro Brabosa; we most certainly did not see his best.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Leandro Brabosa; we most certainly did not see his best.
    I just do not agree with this at all. He was a very, very good player coming off the bench for us at the end of last season. He added much needed scoring off of the bench. He got injured before the playoffs and had trouble guarding Wade (who doesn't?) and now everyone thinks he is chopped liver.

He was a lot better/more valuable than some of you think IMO.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    I just do not agree with this at all. He was a very, very good player coming off the bench for us at the end of last season. He added much needed scoring off of the bench. He got injured before the playoffs and had trouble guarding Wade (who doesn't?) and now everyone thinks he is chopped liver.

I agree Barbosa was great.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I agree Barbosa was great.
    Our additions of Augustin and Green, two players who thrive in transition, would only help Barbosa be more effective. He never found his groove with us offensively and was still close to a double digit scorer off the bench. At this point, we need as much firepower as possible to compete. Why not bring in a proven scorer off the bench?

I do agree that he helped down the stretch in regular season, but I'm not sure it makes me want him. back all that much. Very, very good player at this stage of his career? Don't think on a consistent basis. If they resigned for cheap, I would not be at all upset.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

What? Read what I wrote again. We did not see Leandro Barbosa's best, and how could we? After all, Leandro Barbosa did not have training camp with this season and he was injured during the playoffs. However, Leandro Barbosa was a good player. If he was good while playing with a disadvantage, how could we not expect him to be better? I think Leandro Barbosa should be re-signed.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

I would still like to add another wing player. I know we have Green, Stephenson and OJohnson, but I would like a vet on the wing in case anything happens to Danny or PG. I know we can slide Hill to SG as well, but I would like to add someone like Delfino if possible, though I expect a team like the Rockets to overpay him since they missed out on Howard.

Also wouldn't mind Pietrus, or bringing Barbosa back. On the fence with Josh Howard and Michael Redd depending on their health.

Unsure about PF spot. We've heard rumors of Tolliver and Craig Smith... Not really exciting. I actually would prefer a guy like DJ White or gamble on someone that's low risk like Yi JianLian, Al Thornton.

If not a wing, m

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Keep an eye on Houston. They have around 20 players right now, and it seems like half of them are PFs. They'll have to waive or trade a number of them now that the Dwight trade option is gone. I'd offer next year's first for Patterson, but I don't think Rockets will go for that.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Keep an eye on Houston. They have around 20 players right now, and it seems like half of them are PFs. They'll have to waive or trade a number of them now that the Dwight trade option is gone. I'd offer next year's first for Patterson, but I don't think Rockets will go for that.
    This may be the best thought for now. Houston will have to do something, or swallow some salaries by releasing players.

probably not. DC+pick should be more than enough though. they need a better backup/insurance at point. and DC fits their system.
    oh wait.

I am really interested to see how things shake out in Houston. Will Marcus Morris and/or Royce White play SF, for example? Will Terrence Jones beat out Patrick Patterson? I think a young, quality 3-4 would fit our needs perfectly.
    Last edited by DrFife; 08-12-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

Yes. Trade multiple draft picks and west for josh smith
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    I really hope you're kidding. Give away picks + our most veteran leadership presence (not to mention a very good player) for a knucklehead? Yeah, Smith is athletic, but he is not what is needed to have this team get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I really hope you're kidding. Give away picks + our most veteran leadership presence (not to mention a very good player) for a knucklehead? Yeah, Smith is athletic, but he is not what is needed to have this team get better.
    I think Roy, Hill, and Danny are enough leadership for this team. I think the team needs to get better.

If you had Smith, then you have size at every position. You'll have Paul/Danny/Josh that can defend any big lineup in the NBA as well as any small ball lineup in the NBA. You'll have three very good defenders that have different strengths that you can throw at LeBron James. You'll have a lineup that starts four long shot blockers.

That is legitimately a way I can see maybe a less talented team beat a better talented team in Miami. Just because of shear size and athleticism.

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

I think Roy, Hill, and Danny are enough leadership for this team. I think the team needs to get better.

If you had Smith, then you have size at every position. You'll have Paul/Danny/Josh that can defend any big lineup in the NBA as well as any small ball lineup in the NBA. You'll have three very good defenders that have different strengths that you can throw at LeBron James. You'll have a lineup that starts four long shot blockers.

That is legitimately a way I can see maybe a less talented team beat a better talented team in Miami. Just because of shear size and athleticism.
    I had to bump this- haha I just realized there are some people actually against trading our 13/6 PF for a 19-10 PF lol

Would you trade for a guy that is better at every single aspect of the game for your current starter?? "No! Our guy is a better 'leader!'"

That is ridiculous.
    Last edited by mattie; 08-13-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Read it and weep:

Mood

Dislike X1000

I say keep is as is till the deadline or sign barbosa for cheap

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    do you think the Pacers should make an end of the bench move, I would like to get a decent Power Forward that can push Tyler for his spot.
    The Pacers should always be on the lookout for someone good regardless of the position...... It is nice to keep a spot open for flexibility too.... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Before the season? Nah. Let's go into the year seeing what we have. I am sure as things progress with us and other teams around the league (injuries, etc.), new options will open up. I'm content to head into the season with what we have. We can always make more moves during the season. Anyone available at this point in free agency is a very replaceable player anyway.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I really do not belive the Celtics are better than us this year and neither were they last year. I don't feel like Jason Terry is much of an upgrade at all over Ray Allen. Sure they deepened their big man depth, but I just don't see it.

The 76ers look to be improved, but Iguodala was a big part of what they did and Bynum is still kind of a question mark in this league. It will be interesting to see what he does as the main option. Time will tell how much they've improved.

The Nets are also a team that I think will not pan out like everyone thinks. They basically just added Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez is healthy, of course they will improve because they were one of the bottom-feeders of the league last year, but I think they are a 7-8 seed at best.

The Knicks are probably going to be the same old story. Talked about all year and hyped up because of off-season moves, but probably end up being a 4-5 seed at best.

The Hawks are a mystery at this point, they are looking like they got significantly worse, but they still have Horford and Smith so I think they'll be in there somewhere, but not towards the top.

The Bulls made some questionable off-season moves and without Derek Rose for most of the season I just don't see them contending for a top spot.

So to answer the question... I wouldn't mind a move if it is an obvious move that will make us better. I don't really wanna see us sign a guy just to sit at the end of the bench. I think the East is wide open this year and the only team that is going to be ahead of us for sure are the Heat.

Mood

Sports Logo

I think the Pacers are good as they stand currently. A pretty solid lineup, for the most part. Once they get on the court together, and start to see how actually "ready" Miles Plumlee is, as well as how our other players work together, then we can make some decisions. Though our wing rotation is comparatively young, I think there is enough level-headedness to make up for the lack of actual veteran experience. I'm really excited to see what this team can do, and the preseason cannot come early enough. I really hope our team is as good as I think they are. Granger may be right: we could be the #2 team in the East this year. Solid starting line-up intact, much better bench behind them. We're going to do big things this year.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    I think the Pacers are good as they stand currently. A pretty solid lineup, for the most part. Once they get on the court together, and start to see how actually "ready" Miles Plumlee is, as well as how our other players work together, then we can make some decisions. Though our wing rotation is comparatively young, I think there is enough level-headedness to make up for the lack of actual veteran experience. I'm really excited to see what this team can do, and the preseason cannot come early enough. I really hope our team is as good as I think they are. Granger may be right: we could be the #2 team in the East this year. Solid starting line-up intact, much better bench behind them. We're going to do big things this year.
    I guess that all depends on your definition of "good". If you mean they are good enough to make the playoffs as a 4-6 seed, then yes, they are good. If you mean they will challenge for the top two seeds, then, no, they are not that good. ...