Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Pacers make another move?

Default Should the Pacers make another move?

do you think the Pacers should make an end of the bench move, I would like to get a decent Power Forward that can push Tyler for his spot.

Sports Logo

Default Re: Should the Pacers make another move?

There's no one left that is really good and we don't have much cap space anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:

no, unless you get someone like barbosa that can play. otherwise, let's watch the guys play and save the last slot for fixing whatever needs to be fixed at the trade deadline.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Leandro Brabosa; we most certainly did not see his best.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 1984 For This Useful Post:

I would still like to add another wing player. I know we have Green, Stephenson and OJohnson, but I would like a vet on the wing in case anything happens to Danny or PG. I know we can slide Hill to SG as well, but I would like to add someone like Delfino if possible, though I expect a team like the Rockets to overpay him since they missed out on Howard.

Also wouldn't mind Pietrus, or bringing Barbosa back. On the fence with Josh Howard and Michael Redd depending on their health.

Unsure about PF spot. We've heard rumors of Tolliver and Craig Smith... Not really exciting. I actually would prefer a guy like DJ White or gamble on someone that's low risk like Yi JianLian, Al Thornton.

If not a wing, m

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

Keep an eye on Houston. They have around 20 players right now, and it seems like half of them are PFs. They'll have to waive or trade a number of them now that the Dwight trade option is gone. I'd offer next year's first for Patterson, but I don't think Rockets will go for that.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermute For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    no, unless you get someone like barbosa that can play. otherwise, let's watch the guys play and save the last slot for fixing whatever needs to be fixed at the trade deadline.
    Do we only have 1 spot left? I thought we had 2? If only one, no need to fill it, keep it open in case something opens up

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    Keep an eye on Houston. They have around 20 players right now, and it seems like half of them are PFs. They'll have to waive or trade a number of them now that the Dwight trade option is gone. I'd offer next year's first for Patterson, but I don't think Rockets will go for that.
    This may be the best thought for now. Houston will have to do something, or swallow some salaries by releasing players.

Yes. Trade multiple draft picks and west for josh smith
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

Read it and weep:

When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by AugustinGrangerHill View Post
    do you think the Pacers should make an end of the bench move, I would like to get a decent Power Forward that can push Tyler for his spot.
    The Pacers should always be on the lookout for someone good regardless of the position...... It is nice to keep a spot open for flexibility too.... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Quote Originally Posted by mattie View Post
    Yes. Trade multiple draft picks and west for josh smith
    I really hope you're kidding. Give away picks + our most veteran leadership presence (not to mention a very good player) for a knucklehead? Yeah, Smith is athletic, but he is not what is needed to have this team get better.

Before the season? Nah. Let's go into the year seeing what we have. I am sure as things progress with us and other teams around the league (injuries, etc.), new options will open up. I'm content to head into the season with what we have. We can always make more moves during the season. Anyone available at this point in free agency is a very replaceable player anyway.

Mood

Sports Logo

I think the Pacers are good as they stand currently. A pretty solid lineup, for the most part. Once they get on the court together, and start to see how actually "ready" Miles Plumlee is, as well as how our other players work together, then we can make some decisions. Though our wing rotation is comparatively young, I think there is enough level-headedness to make up for the lack of actual veteran experience. I'm really excited to see what this team can do, and the preseason cannot come early enough. I really hope our team is as good as I think they are. Granger may be right: we could be the #2 team in the East this year. Solid starting line-up intact, much better bench behind them. We're going to do big things this year.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    probably not. DC+pick should be more than enough though. they need a better backup/insurance at point. and DC fits their system.
    oh wait.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    Leandro Brabosa; we most certainly did not see his best.
    I just do not agree with this at all. He was a very, very good player coming off the bench for us at the end of last season. He added much needed scoring off of the bench. He got injured before the playoffs and had trouble guarding Wade (who doesn't?) and now everyone thinks he is chopped liver.

He was a lot better/more valuable than some of you think IMO.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    I think the Pacers are good as they stand currently. A pretty solid lineup, for the most part. Once they get on the court together, and start to see how actually "ready" Miles Plumlee is, as well as how our other players work together, then we can make some decisions. Though our wing rotation is comparatively young, I think there is enough level-headedness to make up for the lack of actual veteran experience. I'm really excited to see what this team can do, and the preseason cannot come early enough. I really hope our team is as good as I think they are. Granger may be right: we could be the #2 team in the East this year. Solid starting line-up intact, much better bench behind them. We're going to do big things this year.
    I guess that all depends on your definition of "good". If you mean they are good enough to make the playoffs as a 4-6 seed, then yes, they are good. If you mean they will challenge for the top two seeds, then, no, they are not that good. ...

You're saying we can't even challenge for the top 2 seeds? LOL

Mood

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    I guess that all depends on your definition of "good". If you mean they are good enough to make the playoffs as a 4-6 seed, then yes, they are good. If you mean they will challenge for the top two seeds, then, no, they are not that good. ...

Yeh, they will compete for the top two seeds. Maybe third. Just like they did last year, when they weren't as good as they are this year. Derrick Rose is rumored to be out for the whole season. That, like MJ's run to baseball in the '90s, opens up a spot at the top of the East for either the Pacers or Heat to slip into. There is not a team better in the East who have the chemistry, youth, and potential we do. Even the Knicks, after getting Carmelo and Amar'e, were struggling to perform because they don't play well with each other.

Although, I'm not proclaiming any of this to argue with you, because I know you'll come back with some baseless statement that's only going to **** off myself and others here. I'm just stating my claim.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

Tracy McGrady, Andray Blatche or Kenyon Martin. Any One of those guys would make total sense. Blatche especially. Pacers can turn this guy around, and Green especially can tell this guy that it's better to work your *** off in be in the NBA than playing in the NBDL. Pacers really need a PF that can challenge Hans for the backup spot. I'm tired of Hans getting so many free passes just because he's a first rounder and a guy like Lance doesn't get a fair shake (although Lance should get his chance this season).

Pendergraph has no talent. At least Blatche does and he'd be cheap, so low risk, high reward.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

I think we might as well sit on Tyler for the time being. I mean we did draft him so until we trade him or his contract runs out he is still here on the team. Personally I hope after a month or 2 a team will get frustrated with its line up and want to make a move. Maybe that team is Utah with Milsap or some other young athletic PF. Either way Tyler isn't a big fixture on this team unless he drastically alters his play as a backup.
    I'm a Beast

Sports Logo

at most we can sign some 1 year player that is willing to compete for 10 to 15 mpg at the wing spot....or some veteran Forward that would take the vet minimum while trying to babysit the youngins'. Since I don't see Granger being moved....nor have the assets to upgrade Hansbrough.....what we see now of our roster is what we will have going into the season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post

Yeh, they will compete for the top two seeds. Maybe third. Just like they did last year, when they weren't as good as they are this year. Derrick Rose is rumored to be out for the whole season. That, like MJ's run to baseball in the '90s, opens up a spot at the top of the East for either the Pacers or Heat to slip into. There is not a team better in the East who have the chemistry, youth, and potential we do. Even the Knicks, after getting Carmelo and Amar'e, were struggling to perform because they don't play well with each other.

Although, I'm not proclaiming any of this to argue with you, because I know you'll come back with some baseless statement that's only going to **** off myself and others here. I'm just stating my claim.
    Well, lets break it down. Miami and Boston are clearly much better than the Pacers. I believe both NY teams will be better and have a better record than the Pacers. I think Philly adding Andrew Bynum may finish ahead of the NY teams. I think that has us competing for a 6-8 slot and I think that is about where we will come in. Management (not me) claimed they overperformed last year. The additions to the bench won't make a huge difference. I predicted 48-34 which is pretty good but probably fifth or sixth in the East. If the Pacers suffer a major injury (something they avoided last year) then missing the playoffs is not out of the question......... If that pisses you off, then you are just a homer whose bold talk means absolutely nothing because there is no basis for it. I have reasons for my taking a slightly less optomistic view. If they Pacers were going to compete for the two seed, they needed to upgrade a starter. I will admit this team is designed for a good regular season record but that means they are also designed to tumble in the playoffs rather quickly when stars start playing more minutes...... ...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Well, lets break it down. Miami and Boston are clearly much better than the Pacers. I believe both NY teams will be better and have a better record than the Pacers. I think Philly adding Andrew Bynum may finish ahead of the NY teams. I think that has us competing for a 6-8 slot and I think that is about where we will come in. Management (not me) claimed they overperformed last year. The additions to the bench won't make a huge difference. I predicted 48-34 which is pretty good but probably fifth or sixth in the East. If the Pacers suffer a major injury (something they avoided last year) then missing the playoffs is not out of the question......... If that pisses you off, then you are just a homer whose bold talk means absolutely nothing because there is no basis for it. I have reasons for my taking a slightly less optomistic view. If they Pacers were going to compete for the two seed, they needed to upgrade a starter. I will admit this team is designed for a good regular season record but that means they are also designed to tumble in the playoffs rather quickly when stars start playing more minutes...... ...
    Yeah, God forbid a Pacers fan in a Pacers forum for being optimistic about the Pacers... We can't have that...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to CompACE For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CompACE View Post
    Yeah, God forbid a Pacers fan in a Pacers forum for being optimistic about the Pacers... We can't have that...
    I don't have any problem with it. Homers are homers and they don't pay attention to what other teams are doing or where their own team is weak. I am a fan, not a homer. I can see where the Pacers need work and I am watching several teams add significant starters who will move ahead of them. This isn't last year. The East is significantly stronger and the Pacers remained about the same, perhaps a little better on the bench. That translates into less wins and a lower seed in my view. But, it is just my view and I am glad their are avid fans who don't do any thinking at all, they just watch the games. There is nothing wrong with either one of us in that regard..... ...

There just isn't anyone available who would really help this team. The time to make another move would have been before we signed Hill and Hibbert and the F.O. knew that Scola was available. At this point we need to see what we have and take advantage of any opportunity that makes sense before the trade deadline. A few teams may want to dump salary before the harsh taxes kick in next year.