View Poll Results: And the 2013 NBA Champions are the...

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Miami Heat

    11 35.48%
  • Los Angeles Lakers

    20 64.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm saying it's gonna be a Pacers vs Lakers rematch!
    Ps3 or Xbox? Wii?

  2. #27
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    May as well dispense with the formalities. I'll say Lakers in 6.
    I fat fingered a vote for the Heat when I wanted the Lakers... Any way to fix my vote?
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  3. #28
    Member Mr.ThunderMakeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,094

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    I'll be honest I was never too impressed with the Lebron-Dwade-Bosh team-up. Its a great collection of talent, but that's all it is, with no regard to building a team of parts that fit well together. They won a title last year because Lebron started playing like a god amongst men.

    This Lakers team on the other hand....wow. This is a perfect combination of players. They have possibly still the best PG in the league (in the traditional running the offense, great passer sense) and the best center in the league. Its really hard to get just one great player at either of those positions. The Lakers have possibly the two best in the league at those positions. Then add Kobe who is still one of the most complete players in the league, and Pau Gasol, another dominate big man. Offense? Plenty of firepower all around, any one of those players can score on their own. Defense? D. Howard is the best interior defender in the league and Kobe and Ron can both be great wing defenders, enough to cover up any of Nash's deficiencies.

    The only questions are the chemistry, and the head coach

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.ThunderMakeR For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,973

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have a very young team, they just need experience and more time playing as a team
    This. Thunder didn't really need to add any pieces. They should get better as Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka continue to grow and improve as players and a team.

  6. #30

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller_time04 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron > Lakers
    Miami would be too small to deal with that. The Heat can deal with one guy, but Pau and Howard should be too much for them. The Heat can't run if they can't rebound.

    Thunder...it'll depend on how well the Lakers mesh. Will the Lakers be able to defend them well..probably not too well. But I doubt the Thunder will be able to defend them well either - if they mesh. Once again, huge rebounding and experience edge for the Lakers.

  7. #31
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Good Luck with Tag Along trying to deal with a frontcourt of Pau/Dwight. Tag Along won't even want to step into the paint with Dwight or Pau. He's going to be reduced to taking mid-range jumpshots.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  8. #32
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,237

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    [Tank Season]

    Should the rest of the Pacers even bother to show up for the season?

    Can we just automatically forfeit the rest of the season with a 0-82 record and then tank for the 1st to 4th Pick in the NBA Draft?

    [/Tank Season]
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #33
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    If they can stay healthy, the Lakers are in the driver seat.

  10. #34
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Montana Moose.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  11. #35
    10 - 32 - 50 31andonly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,585

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they can stay healthy, the Lakers are in the driver seat.
    Here's hoping Artest gets crazy again, runs into the stands and punches some fans. His new knucklehead buddy Howard joins him and they both sit out for the rest of the season...one can dream, right?

    On a side note: They're playing for the Lakers. They wouldn't get a season-long suspension anyway...


    This trade made me so much less looking forward to the new season.
    Thank you Jeff.

  12. #36

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here's hoping Artest gets crazy again, runs into the stands and punches some fans. His new knucklehead buddy Howard joins him and they both sit out for the rest of the season...one can dream, right?

    On a side note: They're playing for the Lakers. They wouldn't get a season-long suspension anyway...


    This trade made me so much less looking forward to the new season.
    I was about to say Artest suddenly going crazy may actually be the one wild card here. Not even a joke. I disagree that I'm looking forward to the season less. You know you're going to circle the game against the Lakers, just like the Heat.

  13. #37
    Gotta Play Big
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,754

    Default Re: 2013 NBA Finals - Heat vs. Lakers

    I like the combination more than anything. Unlike the Heat, the pieces fit together very well.

    The only way the Heat win is by playing dirty which I have no doubt they will try. Recall Pittman. He will probably try to bend Dwight back and hurt his back.

Similar Threads

  1. 2011 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Mavericks
    By hoosierguy in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1153
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 08:15 AM
  2. Lakers put away Magic in rematch of NBA finals [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 02:21 AM
  3. 2008 NBA Finals: Lakers vs. Celtics
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 655
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 09:58 AM
  4. Who thought the Heat would make the Finals?
    By Young in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •