Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56

Thread: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,060

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I like the jersey designs, and that is about it. I don't like the idea of re-branding anyways so I might be bias, but I don't think the logo design or typeface are good updates at all.

    Although I do like having the brickyard at center court.

  2. #27
    Thanks Kesty! Pig Nash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,478
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I love the jerseys. Evokes the flojos without getting too crazy about it.

  3. #28
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,343
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Really like it! Modern look with a classy mix of yester-year and today. Awesome job rel!
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

  4. #29
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I love everything about this concept. The jerseys look pretty sweet, the "indy" on the alternates is great. And since Eleazar mentioned it, I LOVE the brickyard at center court. However, the ONLY thing I don't like is that the stem of the P on the main logo looks too short. That's my only qualm with this concept. Otherwise, I love it. I would love to see a professional concept contest. The best of the best get sent to the Pacers FO, and we have new branding next year!
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Didn't even notice the bricks at mid court until you pointed it out!! Great idea!!

  7. #31
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,339

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Really like the style of the jerseys.

    If you are the same person, I love how you did the state outline and put it in place of the D on the court.

    Love the state idea and the alternate logo that utilizes the state flag. Pretty badass!

    Eat your heart out Jay-Z (although he did a great job with the Nets new logo...awesome).
    Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  8. #32
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I suppose instead of the alternate jerseys saying "INDY" they could just sport "IND" like Atanta's "ATL". That way it's more state-encompassing.

    I like the bricks at center court.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:

    HC

  10. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose instead of the alternate jerseys saying "INDY" they could just sport "IND" like Atanta's "ATL". That way it's more state-encompassing.

    I like the bricks at center court.
    I'm with you. We are not the Indy Pacers or the Indianapolis Pacers, therefore the only representation I can go with is "Indiana". It was originally established that way and always maintained that way to promote statewide fandom and draw for the team. To change it now could alienate some of the fans that the team is attempting to bring into the fold.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:

    HC

  12. #34
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Really like the style of the jerseys.

    If you are the same person, I love how you did the state outline and put it in place of the D on the court.

    Love the state idea and the alternate logo that utilizes the state flag. Pretty badass!

    Eat your heart out Jay-Z (although he did a great job with the Nets new logo...awesome).
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I found the Nets logo to be rather plain and unimpressive.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to HC For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I think people are missing the concept of the term "Alternate Jersey". I LOVE that the alternate says "INDY". It's something different. It's something we've never used before. It's something alternative to what would normally be seen throughout the year. It's a nod in some ways to the "Rip City" alternates that Portland wears from time to time.

    I also like how it's a different design in general from the regular jerseys.

    Love all the jerseys, but the Indy Alt is my favorite.
    Last edited by Day-V; 08-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.

  15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  16. #36
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think people are missing the concept of the term "Alternate Jersey". I LOVE that the alternate says "INDY". It's something different. It's something we've never used before. It's something alternative to what would normally be seen throughout the year. It's a nod in some ways to the "Rip City" alternates that Portland wears from time to time.

    I also like how it's a different design in general from the regular jerseys.

    Love all the jerseys, but the Indy Alt is my favorite.
    Portland is the team name though, even though Rip City was just a phrase used during a telecast. The Pacers have always represented Indiana as a whole, not just Indianapolis. If they wanna come up with an alternate that represents the entire state, fine. Otherwise I personally don't care for it, but it really isn't that big of a deal either way.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  17. #37
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    I had not noticed the Brickyard theme at mid-court either, but that is awesome.

    The only thing I'm not hot on is "iP" tertiary logo. Not sure I see where it would ever be used.

    As for using "iNDY" on the alternate, I think it's awesome. Sure the Pacers are meant to represent the whole state of Indiana, but every once in awhile, I don't see a problem in just highlighting the city they play in. Plus, with the jersey itself being modeled after an Indy Car, I think it's perfect. I didn't notice that either until rel pointed it out. Look at the design not on GHill3, and you can see the blue is the shape of an Indy Car. Using "iNDY" on that one is brilliant.

    If these came out tomorrow, I'd buy all three jerseys. And, as long as it's cool, rel, I think I'd like to borrow them (and the state flag logo) for use as avatars?
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  19. #38
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    If "fans" were alienated because they had an alternate jersey that said "Indy" instead of "Indiana", they arent fans to start with. Its not like by saying Indy on the jersey makes them the Indy Pacers. I like the idea of just an Indy on there for the alternate we will see a few games a year.
    Last edited by ilive4sports; 08-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  21. #39
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Portland is the team name though, even though Rip City was just a phrase used during a telecast. The Pacers have always represented Indiana as a whole, not just Indianapolis. If they wanna come up with an alternate that represents the entire state, fine. Otherwise I personally don't care for it, but it really isn't that big of a deal either way.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Indiana Jones' nickname was "Indy".

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  23. #40

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe Indiana Jones' nickname was "Indy".
    Yeah, but he was named after the dog, not the state.

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  25. #41

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Also, I think it's funny when people from other states refer to Indiana as Indy. It's like this:

    Out of stater: "What part of Indy are you from?"
    Me: "Northside"
    Out of stater: "Up by Chicago?"
    Me: "You idiot"

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndcoltsnpacers For This Useful Post:


  27. #42
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by ndcoltsnpacers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, but he was named after the dog, not the state.
    Yes, but what do you think the dog was named after? lol


    And what's so wrong with the Pacers identifying with Indianapolis in the first place? Yeah, Yeah, I get it "supposed to represent the entire state" and all that mumbo-jumbo. So does that mean that people in Greenwood, Carmel, Fishers, Brownsburg, etc are not represented by the Colts because they're simply the "Indianapolis" Colts? Aren't the Pacers located IN Indianapolis? Didn't they have "Indianapolis" painted on their court during the 90's at MSA? So WHAT if the jersey is making a reference only to Indianapolis? And besides, it still JUST says "Indy". Not "Indianapolis". It still has the "IND" in it, the basic root of the state that most NBA fans outside of here will immediately understand. And, again, IT'S AN ALTERNATE JERSEY.


    I think people are getting too technical just for the sake of being too technical. While we're at it, let's bag on the Warriors for having the Golden Gate Bridge in their logo. That obviously represents only the Oakland/San Francisco area, when the team is "Golden State" implying the entire state of California. Let's also bag on the Pistons for calling themselves Detroit, even though their stadium is located in Auburn Hills. They don't make cars in Auburn Hills! They make them in Detroit! They shouldn't be called the Pistons! Blasphemy!
    Last edited by Day-V; 08-10-2012 at 01:04 AM.

  28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  29. #43
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,275
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I doodled up a new home jersey just now in calculus at school (who needs calculus anyway???) and this is what I came up with.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  31. #44
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    For what it's worth (nothing), I refer to Indiana as Indy a lot of the time. I love Portland's "Rip City" jerseys a lot, and I think that a nice alternate with "Indy" on it would sell really well.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  32. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  33. #45

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    You also forgot the 2"x2" advertisement

  34. #46

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    The Indiana flag based logo is amazing. That's actually an awesome idea.

  35. #47
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,804
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, but what do you think the dog was named after? lol


    And what's so wrong with the Pacers identifying with Indianapolis in the first place? Yeah, Yeah, I get it "supposed to represent the entire state" and all that mumbo-jumbo. So does that mean that people in Greenwood, Carmel, Fishers, Brownsburg, etc are not represented by the Colts because they're simply the "Indianapolis" Colts? Aren't the Pacers located IN Indianapolis? Didn't they have "Indianapolis" painted on their court during the 90's at MSA? So WHAT if the jersey is making a reference only to Indianapolis? And besides, it still JUST says "Indy". Not "Indianapolis". It still has the "IND" in it, the basic root of the state that most NBA fans outside of here will immediately understand. And, again, IT'S AN ALTERNATE JERSEY.


    I think people are getting too technical just for the sake of being too technical. While we're at it, let's bag on the Warriors for having the Golden Gate Bridge in their logo. That obviously represents only the Oakland/San Francisco area, when the team is "Golden State" implying the entire state of California. Let's also bag on the Pistons for calling themselves Detroit, even though their stadium is located in Auburn Hills. They don't make cars in Auburn Hills! They make them in Detroit! They shouldn't be called the Pistons! Blasphemy!
    Colts have never been called the Indiana Colts. I'm sure if the Pacers had always been the Indy Pacers then people wouldn't care, I just think it's the tradition. I said either way it wasn't a big deal to me, I just don't prefer it.
    "No one else can see the preservation of the martyr in me" -- Corey Taylor

  36. #48
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,636

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the layout and colors and new logo on the third uni that GHill is wearing, EXCEPT I'd take off the iNDY and replace it with INDIANA or PACERS. Nice work.
    I love the GHill jersey. I especially love that it says Indy instead of Indiana. That would be a great alternate jersey and would probably be a big seller.

  37. #49
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,861

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Quote Originally Posted by HC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts have never been called the Indiana Colts. I'm sure if the Pacers had always been the Indy Pacers then people wouldn't care, I just think it's the tradition. I said either way it wasn't a big deal to me, I just don't prefer it.
    but the Pacers would still be called the Indiana Pacers. It just says Indy on an alternate jersey...

  38. #50
    Professional Beachcomber mildlysane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,263
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Rebrand Concept [Personal Project]

    Can't wait to see the Illinois Bulls alts.....

    just kiddin'

Similar Threads

  1. [UPDATED] Pacers uniform concept
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 09:44 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
  3. here's my pacers uni concept
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-15-2005, 10:20 AM
  4. pacers secondary logo concept
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 12:11 AM
  5. pacers secondary logo concept
    By rel in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2004, 06:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •