Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manning thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Manning thread

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A little hint for you: You have to get to a Super Bowl to have a chance to win one, you have to get to the AFC Finals to get to the Super Bowl, you have to win a couple of playoff games to get the finals and you have to get to the playoffs before you can win any. The Colts went 36 years between Super Bowl appearances before Peyton took them there. This wait could be just as long. Luck may never get to a Super Bowl, in fact, the odds are against it. Luck may never get to an AFC Final, in fact, the odds are against it and Luck may have a very long wait to even get into the playoffs if he ever gets there. Indy fans are spoiled because of Peyton Manning. They are about to face harsh reality...... ...
    Ok then let's make a bet. If the Colts don't win a playoff game by the end of 2017, you can drive your motorhome to DC and I will buy you a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris. If they do win you drive your motorhome to DC and buy me a steak dinner and Ruth's Chris. Let's do it.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    Ok then let's make a bet. If the Colts don't win a playoff game by the end of 2017, you can drive your motorhome to DC and I will buy you a steak dinner at Ruth's Chris. If they do win you drive your motorhome to DC and buy me a steak dinner and Ruth's Chris. Let's do it.
    You are on and I hope you win. I would be delighted both to see the Colts win and to treat you to a steak at Ruth's. In fact, I'll be out in the DC area next summer and I will be happy to treat you to dinner and talk about the Colts...... ...

I'm going to interject something here... Based on the commercial and recent video/photos from this week:
    Manning looks old.
    He might have a laser rocket arm and a football computer mind still, but he looks old. It makes you (or at least me) wonder just how quickly the clock is ticking for him even without the surgery issues.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm going to interject something here... Based on the commercial and recent video/photos from this week:
    Manning looks old.
    He might have a laser rocket arm and a football computer mind still, but he looks old. It makes you (or at least me) wonder just how quickly the clock is ticking for him even without the surgery issues.
    He looks like a 36 year old which in the NFL is old then again he has twin babies I'm sure that would age anyone...

Mood

I am well aware of that stat. I am not saying the Colts would have gotten to another Super Bowl with Manning in the next five years either. I am SURE they won't do it with Andrew Luck. The 49ers were still a Super Bowl caliber team. They also replaced Montana with a HOFer in Young. Andrew Luck may not even be a good starting QB much less an HOFer. I don't see the two things being related. Do you think SF would have shipped out Montana for a rookie QB? I don't think it was a tough choice for Irsay at all. He just looked and said, I save about $90 million and the choice was made. Irsay doesn't give a damn about legacy or even winning Super Bowls. Peyton fell into his lap and took the Colts there. Jeff George came out with all of the hype that Luck has and he had a much stronger arm than Luck or anyone else. You will comeback and say but Jeff was a knucklehead and can't be compared to Luck. Well, the fact is, he is a very good comparison. Luck is more likely to be a bust than a superstar. The reality will be somewhere in the middle and that won't be good enough to carry a flawed team to a Super Bowl anytime soon. I think Peyton has a chance to get there again with Denver in the next three years. I am sure we are all eager to see how this all works out......... I know that I am..... ...
    Read this article and then tell me their "hype" coming out of college (comparing one guy who was a consensus #1 pick for two seasons and was the best QB in college to a guy who used three workouts to become a non-definite #1 pick) was the same.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6924/index.htm

George was hyped because of his arm, Luck for pretty much every thing else. They don't compare at all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:

You are on and I hope you win. I would be delighted both to see the Colts win and to treat you to a steak at Ruth's. In fact, I'll be out in the DC area next summer and I will be happy to treat you to dinner and talk about the Colts...... ...
    I'll remember that, PM me next summer!