Thread: Android users - Need a free unrestricted tethering app

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Android users - Need a free unrestricted tethering app

Long story short, the storm we had in Indy this morning has done something to the internet line to my house, but Comcast won't be out until Tuesday (and that was AFTER I raised hell with ComcastCares) , so I need a good unrestricted tethering app for my Android to get me through until then. Right now, Im using EasyTether Lite, but the inability to access HTTPS on my PC is a deal killer, and I really don't want to pay $10 for something I'm only going to need until Tuesday. Has to be free (or on a free trial for a couple days) and must be unrestricted. Also, my phone has not yet been rooted ($50 bargain basement Droid, not surprising ), so it has to be a no-root app.

I tried the ClockWorkMod tether, but found it was incompatible with my cheap Android .

Fortunately, the $35 plan I took was for unlimited data.
    Last edited by Sandman21; 08-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Android users - Need a free unrestricted tethering app

I bit the bullet and spent the 10 bucks for easy tether, it's the easiest thing to do. It's weird how to me not having the internet until tuesday would be the end of the world, where some other people could care less really.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bit the bullet and spent the 10 bucks for easy tether, it's the easiest thing to do. It's weird how to me not having the internet until tuesday would be the end of the world, where some other people could care less really.
    Being an IT tech by trade, it really is the end of the world lol. we just moved into a new building last month 6 weeks after our previous site burned down. i spent those weeks working from my home office and if i had lost internet then it would have been really bad lol.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo

Is the Application that you are using restricting HTTPS?

I was wondering if you could use a wireless router to connect to your phone ( wirelessly as an access point ) then have your router handle resolving the names and where you go while allowing just your phone connect to wherever your router points you to.

You would then connect to your computer to the wireless router. Would that work?
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.