Thread: stubhub question!

Default stubhub question!

was gonna buy some tickets for a game in january on stubhub and rep our pacers when they come to portland! was wondering how the payment works, probably dumb question but do you pay the money now or do they charge your card when the time comes around? not sure if i wanna drop 300$ on 2 tickets when the game is in 4 months lol. but i dont wanna lose out on those specific seats, soo any help would be great! thanks

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: stubhub question!

They will take the $$ as soon as you check out. Keep in mind that more tickets will eventually be listed when it gets closer to the game date. What looks like a good deal now might/might not be a good deal down the line.
    Last edited by CreekShow; 08-03-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    I Bleed Blue

Ya, I agree with Creekshow. I would wait until around a month to 2 weeks out to buy tickets. I always buy from stubhub and at BLF I usually get club level tickets for around 20 dollars a piece. If you really think it is a great deal than buy now, but it will probably be better to wait.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya, I agree with Creekshow. I would wait until around a month to 2 weeks out to buy tickets. I always buy from stubhub and at BLF I usually get club level tickets for around 20 dollars a piece. If you really think it is a great deal than buy now, but it will probably be better to wait.
    buying on gameday is the best way to get a deal here. But in Ripcity they have a pretty loyal fan base not sure if they have deals like we get but no doubt wait until a week before the game or so. I can get Cubs and Pacer tickets for less than 5 dollars all the time.

But buying in advance might be a good idea in Portland, as sellouts are much more frequent at the Rose Garden than they are at BLF....

ya, the tickets that are on sale right now are the first row directly behind the away bench, was gonna wear pacer jersey + pacer shorts lol, be close enough to try and get some autographs or get subbed in lol

Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    buying on gameday is the best way to get a deal here. But in Ripcity they have a pretty loyal fan base not sure if they have deals like we get but no doubt wait until a week before the game or so. I can get Cubs and Pacer tickets for less than 5 dollars all the time.

I'll have to try waiting until gameday at least once this year. I usually like to plan ahead, but if you I can tickets that cheap it will be worth it to wait.

Mood

Buying less than 2 days away or on game day seems to get me the best deal. I got Bobkitties tickets for 49 cents each, low balcony.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

We need to have thread on here where we can post how much we are paying for tickets. The best deal I have gotten is 5 dollars for balcony.

I Love looking for deals on stubhub. I usually get club level seats for the home opener for around 15 a piece.

With Stubhub, you are going to be paying a mark up and S/H. The seller is also charged 15%. If you live in the Portland area, it is better to buy from a season ticket holder. www.seatgeek.com is a great tool for comparing prices of tickets since it rates each price.

Also note that there are five rows in courtside behind the benches and those are usually more than $300 each. The first row in section 121 on the far end does not have seats in front of it and is good for autographs. However, the view of the game gets blocked by the coach standing and not ideal for anything on the other side of the court.

Mood

We can do a test a I getting tickets to a few Cubs games next week vs the Astros on tuesday wednesday. Today the ticket were $20 for where I want to sit. I bet on game day next tuesday and wednesday will be under 10

15. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Portland has a solid fanbase. They sell out every game, even at the end of last season when the playoffs were way out of the picture. Shoot, even the MLS Timbers sell out every game here!

If you want those specific seats, aren't willing to compromise or settle, then the only way to guarantee having them is pay what the seller wants ASAP... before someone else buys them or he/she decides not to sell.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    If you want those specific seats, aren't willing to compromise or settle, then the only way to guarantee having them is pay what the seller wants ASAP... before someone else buys them or he/she decides not to sell.
    This is where I stand on this.

If I find seats that has a good view that is within my price range....even if it is on the higher end....I'm buying them...even if it is early. I only get to see 1 Pacer game a year....so if it means that I have to spend a little bit more...even if it means that I can get cheaper seats but are farther away.....I'm paying the price. For me, where I sit is as important as how much I pay ( as long as I am within my price range ).
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

how much do front row court side tickets go for at BLF??? guy is selling row b for 400 a pop. no way id pay that much unless I'm literally on the court lol