Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 115

Thread: PAUL GEORGE???

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default PAUL GEORGE???

    I saw somewhere that Brian Shaw has been working with Paul George in Cali.. Does anyone know if there's an update on how Paul is doing? What he's working on? Is he coming to INDY soon? Any info would be appreciated! I'm dyin to hear how his off season is going!

    GO PACERS

  2. #2
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    You might check his twitter @King24George
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,392
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I am sure he is doing ball handling, ball handling and more ball handling.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute
    Age
    22
    Posts
    498

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am sure he is doing ball handling, ball handling and more ball handling.
    and then after doing some more ball handling, hopefully he can squeeze in learning how to finish at the rim

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  7. #5

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    i know he's obsessed with Benihannas

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Never Give Up aero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,342
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    hopefully hes working on his strength this off season

    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    @thatguyjoe84

  10. #7
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,039

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hopefully hes working on his strength this off season
    I think that alone would help him feel more comfortable finishing at the rim...

    Also (because no one has mentioned it) I hope he is working very hard on his ball handling...
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J7F For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Member pacergod2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,881
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I think PG needs to learn when his opportunities are. I think he really picked up a lot last year and a lot of this just comes while being in the game and working with veterans, it will come.

    The other major thing I think he needs to work on is his footwork. Young players rely so much on their athleticism to create space that they don't learn good footwork early in their careers. Guys that become great students of the game are the ones that become great. The minutia, such as footwork, gives these great athletes and shooters an extra advantage. The guys that don't aren't in the league nearly as long as they should be. PG, especially in combination with learning some post moves, would benefit greatly from utilizing better footwork to pair with his athleticism. Kobe is a guy who has some of the greatest footwork in the game. He works out in LA, so maybe call a brother up. Watch film. Go look at later-career MJ.

    Reggie had great footwork but is more of a shooter than PG, but he's a hell of an example of someone who used footwork to his advantage. Of course Reggie has touch that most people can never even dream of, so he bailed himself out when he was off-balance or had his feet completely out of position too. So that might be bad tape to watch.

    Another thing I think the kid should do is build his hip and knee muscles, which will help in jumping into/taking contact on his drives. It'll help him prevent injuries that are conducive to that style of play as well.
    "Your course, your path, is not going to be like mine," West says. "Everybody is not called to be a multimillionaire. Everybody's not called to be the president. Whatever your best work is, you do it. Do it well. You cease your own greatness when you aspire to be someone else."

  13. #9
    Gold Spidey PritchSlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    84

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    With the title being all caps and excessive punctuation, I immediately imagined Quinn Buckner reading the original post.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PritchSlap For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    22,942

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I hope that he's working on his dribbling and I hear from multiple and reliable sources on Pacers Digest that he's secretly working on his ball handling.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ................ he's secretly working on his ball handling.
    http://www.moviewavs.com/php/sounds/...ile=pta020.wav

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Member sportfireman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,145
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    So let me get this right PG needs to work on ball handling...... Right?
    I'm not perfect and neither are you.

    Romans 3:23 For all have sinned,and come short of the glory of God. kjv
    Ephisians 4: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you. kjv

  20. #13
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I saw he was in LA for a pick up game with John Wall, DeMar DeRozan, and Metta World the other day. The Game was there too and cut his hand up after a dunk.
    I'm a Beast

  21. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,156

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulGeorge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I saw he was in LA for a pick up game with John Wall, DeMar DeRozan, and Metta World the other day. The Game was there too and cut his hand up after a dunk.
    I guess I'm out of touch. Who is "The Game"?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom White For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess I'm out of touch. Who is "The Game"?
    I believe "The Game" is a rapper.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to pacers74 For This Useful Post:


  25. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,156

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe "The Game" is a rapper.
    No wonder I had no idea who he is. Listening to rap is right up there on my list with....well, I guess it is on a list of its own. Hate that stuff.

  26. #17
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I really think working with the team would be much more important than any skill he's trying to develop. Getting on the court with the new guys could work wonders for him. Of course, ball-handling, strength-building, and learning to properly finish at the rim would be amazing, but knowing those intangibles will come with time, I think it's best that he works hard on his role on the court. No longer will he need to be the fifth scorer starting. I think he needs to start being our third option. If he gains the confidence and killer attitude, I think the rest will come with time.

    Besides that, it sounds like he's been doing little besides balling, working out, and practicing. I cannot wait to see what he does this season. I can only hope that he comes out of this offseason with a new skill or three, and starts killing competitors. I would LOVE for him to work so hard that he can put Granger out of work. Which would make having both of them on the court as valuable as LeBron and Wade (of course, not at the same level, just the same value).
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  27. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  28. #18

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    ball handling would be a good thing to work on, but there are a couple of things i would rather him learn.

    first is finishing at the rim. This is something he is getting better at, but he still makes a good move, gets by his guy, jumps and ends up a couple of feet shot. So instead of a layup, we get a little floater instead. That's nice, but it would seem so much better if he could dunk or lay the ball up instead of just coming up short.

    and second, how about finally learning to post his guy. Most guys that guard him are half a foot shorter than he is. It would be great if he could take advantage of his height. He made some attempts at this last year, but didn't have much success. It would be nice to have him able to punish some of the undersized SG's in the league.

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xIndyFan For This Useful Post:


  30. #19

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    I'd like to see him work on learning how to make an entry pass into the post. That Miami series was brutal...

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Eindar For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,814

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd like to see him work on learning how to make an entry pass into the post. That Miami series was brutal...
    its odd bc during the reg season, i felt like he was our best player in feeding the post. His length/height did wonders for him passing to Roy. Though he does get careless in his passes at times...

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rel For This Useful Post:


  34. #21
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,613

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by rel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its odd bc during the reg season, i felt like he was our best player in feeding the post. His length/height did wonders for him passing to Roy. Though he does get careless in his passes at times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And that is all he really needs to do is tighten them. When it comes to passing and dribbling his problem isn't so much he isn't good at them, as he gets lazy with them. It is like he forgets that he needs to dribble lower to the ground and closer to his body, or that he needs to make tight and crisp passes. We saw him do both of those things all season, but we would then watch him be lazy with his dribbling and passing the next time down the court.
    I agree. Paul's problem is not skill and the post-feed thing is a perfect example. He doesn't stay focused and ends up doing a sloppy job with his dribbles or passes when he's more than capable of executing the play. He'll make several good post feeds and then he'll just carelessly toss a pass in without setting it up or waiting for a clear lane. Ditto on the handles.

    He's young, that's what I attribute it to. It's hard to hold your focus at that age. Sounds simple but plenty of kids in their early 20's are flakes at their job. In Paul's case he appears to work hard so he's not really letting the team down, he's just learning how to play NBA ball and the mental discipline it requires.

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naptown_Seth For This Useful Post:


  36. #22
    Gold Spidey PritchSlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    23
    Posts
    84

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's young, that's what I attribute it to. It's hard to hold your focus at that age. Sounds simple but plenty of kids in their early 20's are flakes at their job.
    Confirmed by a 22 year old currently on PacersDigest at work.

  37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PritchSlap For This Useful Post:


  38. #23
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,977

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Paul will be better once he grows up and becomes a man in this league. I think three years from now, at the age of 25, we will see a different Paul George
    David "And One" West

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  40. #24
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by xIndyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ball handling would be a good thing to work on, but there are a couple of things i would rather him learn.

    first is finishing at the rim. This is something he is getting better at, but he still makes a good move, gets by his guy, jumps and ends up a couple of feet shot. So instead of a layup, we get a little floater instead. That's nice, but it would seem so much better if he could dunk or lay the ball up instead of just coming up short.

    and second, how about finally learning to post his guy. Most guys that guard him are half a foot shorter than he is. It would be great if he could take advantage of his height. He made some attempts at this last year, but didn't have much success. It would be nice to have him able to punish some of the undersized SG's in the league.
    I agree with both parts here. If Paul posted up high more often, he would be able to beat his guy off the dribble every time. His ball-handling isn't awful, he just has to refine it. He can score really easily when posting up. Seems like those mid-range fadeaways fall more often than the 3's.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  41. #25
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,102

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: PAUL GEORGE???

    Quote Originally Posted by imbtyler View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with both parts here. If Paul posted up high more often, he would be able to beat his guy off the dribble every time. His ball-handling isn't awful, he just has to refine it. He can score really easily when posting up. Seems like those mid-range fadeaways fall more often than the 3's.
    If Paul tightens his handle he isn't the type of player that needs an abundance of dribble moves. At a long 6'10 he only needs a few dribbles to get into the lane. The more he tightens his handle, the less dribbles it'll take for him to get into the lane.

  42. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Roy Hibbert vs Paul George vs George Hill
    By AugustinGrangerHill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. Where was paul george
    By IUfan4life in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 04:32 AM
  4. why take out paul george?
    By WhatCouldHaveBeen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
  5. Paul George
    By dgranger17 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •