Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

  1. #1
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    Hoopshype in case you missed it:

    "Thursday, July 19 2012

    Scott Howard-Cooper: Greg Oden planning to return to Ohio State and take classes while rehabbing. Signs still point to sitting out entire 2012-13. Twitter"

    __________________

    Oden isn't coming here.

    Oden isn't going anywhere except back to school.

    Oden is most likely sitting out yet another year.

    One day in a couple of years, just like Ralph Sampson and Shawn Kemp and a hundred others tried to do; he will make the training camp tours. And there will be all the articles from the sportswriters about how he is in shape. He will get his chance and we will all hope he can catch on.

    But not this year.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    And for the love of God, don't anyone bring up Brad Miller.

    He's retired.


    And don't mention Josh McRoberts, he's on another team(and they are stuck with him).

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,574

    Default

    Ok?

    Thanks
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  6. #4
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    525
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok?

    Thanks
    Sorry, it's just that I pity da fools what keep harping on the hometown players.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoLovesYaBaby? For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    2,157

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhoLovesYaBaby? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, it's just that I pity da fools what keep harping on the hometown players.
    Well in that case, let's trade for Gordon Hayward

  9. #6

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    He said the same thing a few months ago in his Grantland interview, although he had a more positive spin to it:

    I thought Greg might retire from basketball after Portland released him. That's not happening. Right now, his plan is to take off the entire 2012-13 season, move back to Columbus, take all the time he needs to rehab his knee back to full strength, and continue working toward the degree that he abandoned after one year at Ohio State. Once he feels ready, he plans to sign with an NBA team in 2013 and (hopefully) string together a few years of injury-free basketball.
    http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...plagued-career

  10. #7
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,355
    Mood

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    I wish the best for Greg, and I hope taking the year off to fully rehab that knee and going to classes toward a degree will help him a lot. Hopefully he comes back and has a few good years and finishes his classes and gets his degree. It is a shame that his career has taken the path that it has, but many kids lose their career to injury and it is a shame that all of that potential is lost.

  11. #8
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    11,865

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    I hope he never tries to play again. Not because I have any dislike for him or anything, but because I don't want to see him cruising Circle Center in a wheelchair in 20 years. His body just can't hold up.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,250
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    He has been at Ohio State taking classes. That doesn't mean he is for sure retiring. He can still play on a team that needs a good backup center.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #10
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,705

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    So what about Oden? And Brad Miller? And Josh McRoberts?

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,988
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    I really thought Oden could be a force like no other coming out of college.

    It is extremely sad to see injuries have robbed him of an unbelievable career.

  17. #12
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    I'm fine with where the Oden thing is now. A couple years ago when people were calling for a 3 year and 9 million per year contract I was pulling my hair out.

  18. #13
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    Yeh, I'm not really one to keep bringing up a return for Oden after news like this comes around. I just hope his knee gets better, and he comes back to the NBA and rebuilds his career. He could definitely be a very good defensive center on any given team. And if he happens to want to come back to Indiana, so be it. But until he's healthy enough to matter, I'm just going to disregard him.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  19. #14
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,162
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Let's kill the "what about Oden" thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really thought Oden could be a force like no other coming out of college.

    It is extremely sad to see injuries have robbed him of an unbelievable career.
    .

    I agree, just like Bender and so many others.

Similar Threads

  1. One good thing about us having a "bad" team
    By Brian in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-23-2007, 01:51 PM
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:14 PM
  3. Who says "blowing a team up" is a bad thing?
    By Skaut_Ech in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 05:12 AM
  4. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 04:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •