Thread: Jerry Jones sticks his foot in his mouth (not the "Glory Hole" comment either) - per NFL.com, Jerruh looking forward to "beating the Giants' ***" this season

Hybrid View

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Jerry Jones sticks his foot in his mouth (not the "Glory Hole" comment either) - per NFL.com, Jerruh looking forward to "beating the Giants' ***" this season

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...ew-york-giants

The Cowboys are the only team we know that holds an opening ceremony with training camp. Jones, knowing the gaffe that came before him, then decided to try to steal the headlines from Holden.

Via NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jones promised the Cowboys crowd he was looking forward to "beating the Giants' ***" this season.

If the Cowboys could have just beaten the Giants' *** or anything else once down the stretch last year, we would have had a different Super Bowl champion.

Default Re: Jerry Jones sticks his foot in his mouth (not the "Glory Hole" comment either) - per NFL.com, Jerruh looking forward to "beating the Giants' ***" this season

Don't really approve of the language and agree he doesn't have much to brag abou lately compared to the Giants...but isnt this just what a rivalry is about? Wanting to beat the other team?

Default Re: Jerry Jones sticks his foot in his mouth (not the "Glory Hole" comment either) - per NFL.com, Jerruh looking forward to "beating the Giants' ***" this season

aside on the glory hole remark...

For very old timers, a glory hole is a mining term meaning a shaft that leads to lots of ore. It's also similarly used in the oil drilling business, which is kinda big in Texas, so I think I can chuckle but give Jerry a pass on this one.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Can give a pass and chuckle at the same time