Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts from training camp

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Default Thoughts from training camp

by no means am I an expert on everything about the game but just wanted to post some general observations from going to training camp and maybe at least give a place for others to talk and have their input as well for anyone who goes. Few things I noticed while I was there watching the offense/defense go through plays for about an hour and a half.

It reallys seems like our defense doesn't stop moving angerer was constantly calling things out just as much as Luck and Stanton were on the other side of the line.

our tight ends are wayyyyyy bigger then anything I remember us having, luck is going to have a lot of fun throwing to them

chapman the NT we drafted out of alabama for some reason was lined up on the offensive line, I was happy we had finally got some sort of big guy with a mean streak on the defensive line to come out and help with the run and that was kind of disappointing to see him playing on offense. By far that was the thing that caught my attention the most...is that a easy transition for someone to make?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Thoughts from training camp

You sure that was Chapman? Isn't he on the PUP list?

i know in college they have multiple people wear the same number (due to having more players than 2 digit numbers). Not sure if the same thing comes up in the Colts training camp where 2 different players might share a number.

The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i know in college they have multiple people wear the same number (due to having more players than 2 digit numbers). Not sure if the same thing comes up in the Colts training camp where 2 different players might share a number.
    that might be the case that would make a lot more sense than trying something like forcing someone into a different position, there was a guy walking around in a boot but he didn't look all that big whereas the guy who was wearing the #61 jersey did and according to the program was chapman. I was unaware of them doing things like that.

Also on another note that I just remembered there was a guy #97 on the defensive line that was really big but he could really move, very light on his feet I think his name was Mario Addison. Anyone know anything about him?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Good to hear, he's a linebacker.
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

Ijalana out for the year (on WISH TV right now). Ugh!
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Luck also completed 27 of 38 passes in practice with pads on today. 71%.

I'll take that on a guys first practice in the NFL with pads.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Andrew Luck is a bad ***. I'm so glad he is our QB instead of the attention whore that wears stupid socks, Robert Griffin the third
    David "And One" West

Ben Ijalana tore his ACL, again. Same one as last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Ben Ijalana tore his ACL, again. Same one as last year.
    Rumors were that he was awful and people wouldnt be surpised if he was cut even before the injury.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Rumors were that he was awful and people wouldnt be surpised if he was cut even before the injury.
    Says JMV after the guy was coming off a major injury and had practiced for like 3 days.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    According to the roster on Colts.com, the "other" 61 is OG Hayworth Hicks a rookie from Iowa State.

And LB A.J. Edds is also out for the season with a torn ACL.

link

Mood

Not sure if said already, but I heard Coach went up into the bleachers with a practice jersey and told a fan wearing a Steelers jersey to put it on or get out. I think I might like this guy.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    Not sure if said already, but I heard Coach went up into the bleachers with a practice jersey and told a fan wearing a Steelers jersey to put it on or get out. I think I might like this guy.
    Pretty funny if the coach asked the fan to change out jerseys. However if he really told him "or get out" then the coach should be fired. Means he wouldn't have enough composure to run a football team.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Mood

I have no trouble at all with the "or get out" part. In fact, I hope every single part of this rumor is true.

I think one of the big keys to this season will be Freeny and Mathis adjusting to the 3-4. Is anyone able to report on how they're looking?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:

Mood

Too bad about Ijalana is out for the season tearing the same ACL. Next man up. I am eager to see if Costanza makes a big jump this year. He definitely has the size and strength to be a heck of an offensive lineman. I can't wait to see the first preseason game and see how our young guys are making the transition. Hopefully my new favorite player, Pat Angerer will show his improvement over last year and become one of the leaders of the defense. I know everyone is dogging the defense right now but I think we will be better than anticipated. It sounds like Luck is ahead of expectations as well.

Not to kick a guy when he's down, but apparently Peyton Manning didn't think too much of Ijalana. This is coming from Mike Chappel, who tends to be a very reliable source.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/8/1...lana#storyjump

Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    Here's a Phillip Wilson article about that incident.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Pretty funny if the coach asked the fan to change out jerseys. However if he really told him "or get out" then the coach should be fired. Means he wouldn't have enough composure to run a football team.
    I have no idea how you derive that conclusion out of this.

I love that sort of thing, good for Coach Pagano.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:

I was really hoping that Ben Ijalana could put together a productive year. I am worried about the o-line this season and this will not help.

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    I have no trouble at all with the "or get out" part. In fact, I hope every single part of this rumor is true.

I think one of the big keys to this season will be Freeny and Mathis adjusting to the 3-4. Is anyone able to report on how they're looking?
    They won't make that adjustment well, in my opinion. It is another case of trying to ram players into a system rather than using a system that fits the players. I think either could get traded at any time if anyone is interested...... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...2-59c46144a35e

Ilajana waived, if he's not picked up by someone else he will go on our IR (which I assume will happen).

Mood

I truly feel bad for the kid. After tearing his ACL laqst year and undergoing the long and difficult road to recovery and then tearing it again undergoing a non-contact drill. I hope he can recover and have somewhat of a productive career in the league. I can imagine that it was difficult to make the decision, but we need healthy bodies especially at the o-line spots.

Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    I have no idea how you derive that conclusion out of this.

I love that sort of thing, good for Coach Pagano.
    As stated I assume it was a good ole fashioned joke, but if he was serious (yes doubtful I have not read the article) I stand by what I said. Once again if this guy paid to park and wasn't giving anyone a hard time he can wear any jersey he so desires. Shoot I give him credit for supporting his team in enemy territory though that would be silly.

I can tell you story that I witnessed in a similar vein but no word had to be said. The players gave some strange looks, could have been really crappy with the guy but didn't as they are true professionals. This was at a Colts camp in Terre Haute and happened after a practice was complete. A visiting coach with a VIP guest tag was standing outside the locker room with a football hoping some of the players would sign it. The purpose was the ball was going to be used in an auction for a high school football team.

The guy was getting really frustrated as the players pretty much ignored him or simply gave him a weird look as they would pass by. He looks at me asks "do I smell or something"? I explain to him it probably doesn't help your cause coach to stand here trying to get autographs and have a Patriot cap on your head... I start laughing because this coach was not trying to be a smart @ss or anything. Simply his high school is the Terre Haute North PATRIOTS and have basically the same symbol as the pro team. He took off the hat and got all the autographs he wanted, especially after letting the guys know he was a fan/coach of the THaute Patriots and not the ones on the east coast.

Anyway I have seen too many people wearing Colts gear just to get an autograph to sell on ebay to be ticked at someone wearing a Steelers jersey.

Best shirt ever that someone was willing to take crap for that I ever saw.... young guy wearing a pink tee-shirt that said and I'm not making this up 'I'm Gay for Peyton'.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....