Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86

Thread: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,097

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you say so. Seems like the reason we got rid of DC changes based on what someone is arguing.
    That is because it is all 100% pure speculation, the facts are we have no freaking idea why we got rid of DC.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,098

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    If he signed on the cheap, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Doesn't he have some character red flags though?

  4. #28
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    We still have our MLE don't we? (not that I would use it on Josh Howard). I am just curious since someone asked about the money.

  5. #29
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by littlerichard54 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We still have our MLE don't we? (not that I would use it on Josh Howard). I am just curious since someone asked about the money.
    Pretty sure (not 100%) that we don't qualify to use it this off season because we had cap space.

    As long as it's a minimum contract without it being fully guaranteed, then I'm fine with it.

  6. #30

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pianoman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although true, would you give him a 2 year 20 million contract that he recieved from Minnesota? I know I wouldn't.

    Howard would be a decent pickup for the right price. This is a guy that has averaged double digits almost his entire career. If we aren't bringing back Barbosa, I believe we need someone just incase Lance doesn't work out. Josh could be our guy.
    My bad, I thought they signed him for much less.

  7. #31
    Brains of the Operation.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Westside
    Posts
    130

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure (not 100%) that we don't qualify to use it this off season because we had cap space.

    As long as it's a minimum contract without it being fully guaranteed, then I'm fine with it.
    I think the new CBA allows teams under the cap a MLE of 2.5 million for a duration of 2 years. Not sure if that started this season though.

  8. #32
    Step aside, King James BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,449

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Argh

  9. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he signed on the cheap, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Doesn't he have some character red flags though?
    He got in trouble for burning a flag a few years back I believe it was on tape. But people saying we can't afford him are lol the Nets are in the mix all they can offer is veterans min. I'm not even sure he is worth it. Dude's knees are gone he hurt the Jazz last year more than he helped them.

  10. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,586

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got in trouble for burning a flag a few years back I believe it was on tape.
    No. But he was recorded saying, "The Star-Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't even celebrate that s--t. I'm black, !@#$%%^&." which is just...cute.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ozwalt72 For This Useful Post:


  12. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    @gswscribe: According to league sources, the Warriors' reported interest in free agent SF Josh Howard is, at the very least, ... http://t.co/tfbCJD1C

    Nice to know that another championship caliber team wants him..

  13. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got in trouble for burning a flag a few years back I believe it was on tape. But people saying we can't afford him are lol the Nets are in the mix all they can offer is veterans min. I'm not even sure he is worth it. Dude's knees are gone he hurt the Jazz last year more than he helped them.
    where did you see that he burned the flag? he was just trying to "keep it real" by saying "I don't care about that s***"

  14. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    where did you see that he burned the flag? he was just trying to "keep it real" by saying "I don't care about that s***"
    I was going off memory which I guess was way off

  15. #38
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,820

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    If I remember correctly, didn't he go on record basically saying he smokes the ganja and he don't care who knows, cause he don't do it during the season when he is working or something to that effect and not too long afterwards Dallas traded him to the wizards ? Not that I care that anyone smokes, it's just it seems pretty ignorant to actually admit to it, since it IS still considered illegal lol and still COULD affect this job and put him in a bad light..


    .
    no, there's no way in hell the Pacers are targeting another pot smoker lol .. no way no how(ard)..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  16. #39
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,927

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozwalt72 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. But he was recorded saying, "The Star-Spangled Banner's going on right now and I don't even celebrate that s--t. I'm black, !@#$%%^&." which is just...cute.
    Yep, that's what I remember. That being the case... I wouldn't want him on my team even if he were as talented as LeBron James! I can't deal with that kind of disrespect to this great nation that has given all of us a chance to accomplish so much.
    Too many men and women have given so much to protect the ideal of our flag and Star-Spangled Banner. I personally couldn't root for him knowing this no matter how talented.

    F*&# this guy!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  18. #40
    Member PaulGeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    294

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I doubt he would want to come here with how many wings we have. My guess is Brooklyn
    I'm a Beast

  19. #41
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,539

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that's what I remember. That being the case... I wouldn't want him on my team even if he were as talented as LeBron James! I can't deal with that kind of disrespect to this great nation that has given all of us a chance to accomplish so much.
    Too many men and women have given so much to protect the ideal of our flag and Star-Spangled Banner. I personally couldn't root for him knowing this no matter how talented.

    F*&# this guy!
    Thats one way to look at it. Of course there are problems of equality that still remain and different people express it in different ways
    Sittin on top of the world!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  21. #42
    All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bilthoven, The Netherlands
    Age
    38
    Posts
    8,753

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I'd rather we pickup a backup 4 somewhere cheap...
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

    2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:


  23. #43
    You are my Lucifer D-BONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    6,526

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    If it's just for deep bench depth on the el - cheapo, I could live with it. Wouldn't be enamored with it, but what are we really going to get?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

    -Emiliano Zapata

  24. #44
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,988

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Not really thrilled about Josh Howard.

    Let's just go with what we got. Or, better yet, try to be a part of the Houston trade that is eventually going to go down. They can't go into the season with that many PFs and the Pacers should NOT try to rely heavily on Hans. Would prefer a young PF on the roster just in case.

    Any one of Patterson, White, Jones, Morris, Motiejunas would be nice to have. Other PF on their roster include JJ, Harrellson, Aldemir. Not to mention they have guys that can play SF and PF. Sheesh!
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  25. #45
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,646

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Don't forget the time he shot like 3-18 in a playoff loss then handed out flyers to his birthday party in the lockerrom afterward.

    The dude's a bum. If we really are interested I'm disappointed. You want wing depth go sign Donte Green or Dominic McGuire for peanuts.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  27. #46

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    would be the worst person you could have around Lance
    Last edited by PacerPenguins; 07-30-2012 at 09:04 AM.

  28. #47

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I'd rather have another backup 4 too, or a 3-point specialist.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slick Pinkham For This Useful Post:


  30. #48
    Member D0NT SH0OT ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Secret
    Posts
    455

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I'd rather have an empty space on the bench. More room for Roy to stretch out in.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to D0NT SH0OT ME For This Useful Post:


  32. #49
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,585
    Mood

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I don't want him now that I'm reminded of his... baggage.

    Speaking of wanting a backup PF instead, I still don't understand why we aren't a natural partner with FA Carl Landry.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  34. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't want him now that I'm reminded of his... baggage.

    Speaking of wanting a backup PF instead, I still don't understand why we aren't a natural partner with FA Carl Landry.
    We have no caproom for Landry......

Similar Threads

  1. Jazz meeting with free agent Josh Howard (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. Josh Howard out for the season
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
  3. Wizards probably trading Caron Butler to Dallas for Josh Howard
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 08:08 PM
  4. Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation
    By juadam09 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
  5. Josh Howard continues to show his superior intelligence
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •