Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 86

Thread: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

  1. #1
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
    Jazz free agent forward Josh Howard expected to make a decision soon, source tell Y! Sports. Utah, IND, GS, BK and NY in mix.


    awful signing if we do

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,572

    Default

    Please no.

    No no no no no.

    Dont think we have enough cash anyways.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Great, Another "all star" on the Pacers 20 and 10 for sure ....

  6. #4
    The Doctor's In The House TheDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,562

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great, Another "all star" on the Pacers 20 and 10 for sure ....
    someone needs to pull an obi-wan on mr. pritchard and donnie

    "this is not the howard you're looking for"

  7. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TheDon For This Useful Post:

    + Show/Hide list of the thanked


  8. #5
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    +100 for evoking Sir Alec Guiness.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,200

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    I don't understand it, but its not like it would be terrible.

    He is a solid veteran who has played a big role on some good teams. Even though he is better than Stephenson, I'd rather roll with Green/Stephenson on the wings into the season.

  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    This just tells me that the FO is looking for Players at bargain bin prices.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:


  14. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This just tells me that the FO is looking for Players at bargain bin prices.
    There is nothing new in that.....

  15. #9
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,958

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand it, but its not like it would be terrible.

    He is a solid veteran who has played a big role on some good teams. Even though he is better than Stephenson, I'd rather roll with Green/Stephenson on the wings into the season.
    Sure he was good about 3-4 years ago... now not so much i think the game has passed him

  16. #10

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?


  17. #11
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,199

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand it, but its not like it would be terrible.

    He is a solid veteran who has played a big role on some good teams. Even though he is better than Stephenson, I'd rather roll with Green/Stephenson on the wings into the season.
    I doubt that a Player like Josh Howard would want to come to a Team with a Wing rotation that already consists of PG/Granger/Green and GH playing some backup SG minutes. Anyone that comes here has to be okay with fighting for minutes with Green and Lance for 10 to 15 mpg.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  18. #12

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    don't know much about him, last year was my first year i really watched the NBA, whats is wrong with us picking him up, Wouldn't that let us put him as a back up to Granger and move Green to back up SG? Wouldn't it be better to have him over Lance Stephenson?

  19. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,741

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is nothing new in that.....
    And not necessarily a bad thing either. You can get some quality depth with bargain bin players.

  20. #14
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,383

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    His agent is probably using us as leverage, he just isn't a guy I would see the Pacers targeting.

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:


  22. #15

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    what he average like 3 GP a year? dude is ALWAYS hurt

  23. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by PacerPenguins View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what he average like 3 GP a year? dude is ALWAYS hurt
    Perhaps they are trading Tyler for him since a lot of you want him shipped out of town.....

  24. #17
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,200

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure he was good about 3-4 years ago... now not so much i think the game has passed him
    He never relied on athleticism, more than anything injuries have hit him. If he is healed, he could be a nice pickup.

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,902

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His agent is probably using us as leverage, he just isn't a guy I would see the Pacers targeting.
    I know you probably moreso meant his personality isnt the type of fit that the Paces normally look for, but I think the FO is starting to look for longer athletic type of players, especially on the wings. Obviously Josh Howard's best days are behind him, but if we got him for the minimum I don't think he's that bad of a choice. Are there any options available that are better? (and I feel that Pietrus and Howard are the same level so please dont bring that guy up lol)

  27. #19
    Member BornReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    2,704

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    what's wrong with jho? i like him as a player.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to BornReady For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,972
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    We had to part with Collison because of $$, yet we somehow have enough to sign a guy like Howard? I am not buying this.

  30. #21

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    If they want him, its because he is cheap. Another waste of time. Kierolinko would have been a plus. Would have given us length defense, some scoring and could play multiple positions but we don't bother to look at him.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to doctor-h For This Useful Post:


  32. #22
    Member pianoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Muncie Indiana
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,348
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they want him, its because he is cheap. Another waste of time. Kierolinko would have been a plus. Would have given us length defense, some scoring and could play multiple positions but we don't bother to look at him.
    Although true, would you give him a 2 year 20 million contract that he recieved from Minnesota? I know I wouldn't.

    Howard would be a decent pickup for the right price. This is a guy that has averaged double digits almost his entire career. If we aren't bringing back Barbosa, I believe we need someone just incase Lance doesn't work out. Josh could be our guy.
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

  33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pianoman For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,902

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We had to part with Collison because of $$, yet we somehow have enough to sign a guy like Howard? I am not buying this.
    We didnt part with DC because of money, we parted with D.Jones because of money. We parted with DC because 1. he wanted to be a stater, 2. he was going to be a restricted FA next yr and we probably wouldn't have brought him back anyways. Howard would be on a 1 yr vet minimum contract.

  35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  36. #24
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,902

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by doctor-h View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they want him, its because he is cheap. Another waste of time. Kierolinko would have been a plus. Would have given us length defense, some scoring and could play multiple positions but we don't bother to look at him.
    How do we know we didn't inqure about him, and then rebuffed once we found out the contract offer that he was after. Also AK-47 doesn't want to play only 10-15 minutes a game

  37. #25
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,972
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Josh Howard to the Pacers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We didnt part with DC because of money, we parted with D.Jones because of money. We parted with DC because 1. he wanted to be a stater, 2. he was going to be a restricted FA next yr and we probably wouldn't have brought him back anyways. Howard would be on a 1 yr vet minimum contract.
    If you say so. Seems like the reason we got rid of DC changes based on what someone is arguing.

Similar Threads

  1. Jazz meeting with free agent Josh Howard (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2011, 03:40 PM
  2. Josh Howard out for the season
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM
  3. Wizards probably trading Caron Butler to Dallas for Josh Howard
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-13-2010, 08:08 PM
  4. Mark Cuban responds to Josh Howard situation
    By juadam09 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-22-2008, 10:02 AM
  5. Josh Howard continues to show his superior intelligence
    By Trader Joe in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •