Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 455

Thread: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

  1. #351
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just saw Kirilenko's numbers - 19-13-3-3-3 (the final two - blocks and steals). Crazy. On 8 shots too.
    FIBA basketball is VERY different that NBA basketball..

    With that said, AK-47 has been very impressive. MIN frontcourt is going to DOMINATE the boards next year with Kirilenko, Love, and Pekovic

  2. #352
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    FIBA basketball is VERY different that NBA basketball..
    it's different in a way where it's harder to put up fluky stats.

  3. #353
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it's different in a way where it's harder to put up fluky stats.
    IDk. Luol Deng's big scoring outbursts have been kind of fluky..if you look at his NBA career at least.

    I'm NOT saying AK-47's numbers are fluky by any means. He's getting his points the same way he'll get his points for the T-Wolves; off backdoor cuts, transition, and spot up J's.

  4. #354
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Deng has always been a streaky scorer. 20+ one night, 4 the other night.
    anyway, since we agree about AK, the rest seems irrelevant.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ballism For This Useful Post:


  6. #355
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Wow no one commenting on the end of this game?

  7. #356
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ballism View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just saw Kirilenko's numbers - 19-13-3-3-3 (the final two - blocks and steals). Crazy. On 8 shots too.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he averages like 14, 8 and 5 for Minny next year, maybe a bit more.

  8. #357
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    France chokes that one away. I bet Rudy is completely healthy by next game. he sure milked that call. Too bad Batum took all the attention with his true unsportsmanlike foul.

  9. #358
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow no one commenting on the end of this game?
    Batum deserved to be kicked out for that foul.

  10. #359
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    So true. i think the refs were like, who cares this game is over and so is France's Olympics. had it happened earlier they might have. Amazing how Navarro takes a real shot and stays in where Rudy flops and has to go out.

  11. #360
    Member Pingu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,244

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SycamoreKen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    France chokes that one away. I bet Rudy is completely healthy by next game. he sure milked that call. Too bad Batum took all the attention with his true unsportsmanlike foul.
    France missed a couple open shots, but Spain mostly played great D in the fourth. Llull's D on Parker was stellar.

    Had Spain played D like that during the group stage, they wouldn't have 'lost' two games...

  12. #361
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,211

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't be surprised if he averages like 14, 8 and 5 for Minny next year, maybe a bit more.
    His last 4 years in Utah, he wasn't scoring or rebounding all that well. Averages of like 11, 4 and 3.

    His last 5 years in Utah: 11 pts, 4.7 boards and 3 assists.

    It'll be interesting if a year in Russia has helped him regain his confidence in his NBA game.

  13. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His last 4 years in Utah, he wasn't scoring or rebounding all that well. Averages of like 11, 4 and 3.

    His last 5 years in Utah: 11 pts, 4.7 boards and 3 assists.

    It'll be interesting if a year in Russia has helped him regain his confidence in his NBA game.
    I think he is healthy now plus he is out of Utah, he just hated to be there, either way Minny is going to get a player that can guard 4 positions at any time and can do multiple things in offense, great deal for them if you ask me.

  14. #363

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    too good not to post

    I think it's awesome that Bryant is such a staunch supporter of women's athletics, showing up to almost every women's sporting event involving swimsuits.

  15. #364
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    vnzla was right, Olympics volleyball is indeed addictive.
    it sucks that all the quarter finals matches are at the same time as basketball matches.
    one thing i notice though - women version might actually be more fun for me personally, less breaks, more action, i suppose because the ball isn't moving quite as fast and powerfully.

  16. #365
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    looks like Melo may get a shot at vengeance vs. Argentina.

  17. #366
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  19. #367
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I'd say Westbrook took his vengeance for him...

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  20. #368
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,011

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    If you can get kicked out of the Olympics for tanking on purpose, then Nic Batum should be banned for the next Olympics. I can't believe he actually balled up his fist, hits the guy, and then keeps his hand in the fist. A technical/ejection isn't severe enough punishment for that something that blatant.

  21. #369
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Does anyone have a video of the fight afterwords? I missed it.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  22. #370
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    It feels like we always draw Australia in the first round.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  23. #371
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,120

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you can get kicked out of the Olympics for tanking on purpose, then Nic Batum should be banned for the next Olympics. I can't believe he actually balled up his fist, hits the guy, and then keeps his hand in the fist. A technical/ejection isn't severe enough punishment for that something that blatant.
    I have no problem with it. Let the Europeans beat the **** out of each other. They have been doing it for centuries.

  24. #372
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,120

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's awesome that Bryant is such a staunch supporter of women's athletics, showing up to almost every women's sporting event involving swimsuits.
    I don't know when this happened, but I have grown to really like Kobe.

  25. #373
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Unlike us peace loving pacifist Americans....

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

  26. #374
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,120

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012 Summer Olympic Basketball Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unlike us peace loving pacifist Americans....
    You're from Detroit. You can't base the rest of the country off that wasteland.

  27. #375
    Rebound King Kstat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    27,956

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're from Detroit. You can't base the rest of the country off that wasteland.
    Well I obviously have to defer to you in this matter, from the multicultural peaceful nirvana that's so in touch with the rest of the country....

    We certainly have every right to look down on Europeans. Americans never, ever resort to cheap violence out of anger.

    It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

    Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 London Summer Olympics thread
    By Heisenberg in forum The Locker Room (General Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 08:35 AM
  2. Spain, Argentina seek 2012 Olympic spots (AP) [Y! Sports]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 03:10 PM
  3. Construct Your own 2012 Olympic Dream Team...
    By Kstat in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 04:45 AM
  4. Olympic Basketball Thread
    By rexnom in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 667
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 12:13 PM
  5. U.S. Mens Olympic Basketball Team
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •