Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

  1. #1
    Grow some nuts Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,666

    Sports Logo

    Default Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Arizona Republic Suns beat guy
    https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/234029536633831424

    Free agent center Jermaine O'Neal has agreed to sign with the #Suns. More to come on http://azcentral.com shortly.
    Figure it's thread worthy enough, something to take our minds off the Dwightmare anyway. I think JO's nothing but a contract these days basically, but you couldn't pick a better spot for him to land. Maybe he'll finally dominate.

  2. #2
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,279

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    I am just happy he's not a Laker.
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,453

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Suns training staff and hyperbolic chamber to the rescue....
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  6. #4
    Pacers Fan For Life J7F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Seymour, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,063

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am just happy he's not a Laker.
    I had already decided that I would go against everything that is holy and make the Lakers my second favorite team if he had joined them... Apparently if you put JO and Nash together on a team I can root for them no matter what franchise it is...

    But that didnt happen so my 2nd favorite team remains unchanged... OKC
    Nothing in life worth having comes easy.

  7. #5
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,279

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by J7F View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had already decided that I would go against everything that is holy and make the Lakers my second favorite team if he had joined them... Apparently if you put JO and Nash together on a team I can root for them no matter what franchise it is...

    But that didnt happen so my 2nd favorite team remains unchanged... OKC
    I admire your courage.
    I wouldn't have been able to do it.

    Already forced to dislike Nash (who was my fav non-Pacer), having to turn against JO would have been too much
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TMJ31 For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Good for Jermaine. Between the off season treatment in Germany and the Suns training staff, he should be effective for them.

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,657

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by ilive4sports View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for Jermaine. Between the off season treatment in Germany and the Suns training staff, he should be effective for them.
    I was thinking the same thing considering how effective Grant Hill and then Michael Redd were last year.

  12. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    20 and 10 for sure....

  13. #9
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,898

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    20 and 10 for sure....
    because being effective and averaging 20 and 10 is the same thing...

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilive4sports For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I admire your courage.
    I wouldn't have been able to do it.

    Already forced to dislike Nash (who was my fav non-Pacer), having to turn against JO would have been too much
    I already am not very fond of JO these days. But I think that playing for the Suns will be good for him. Besides that, I think the Suns are going to be a surprise team this year. Kendall Marshall and Mike Beasley could do some extraordinarily unexpected things this season.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  16. #11
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Already forced to dislike Nash (who was my fav non-Pacer), having to turn against JO would have been too much
    I cannot root against Nash. Same with Battier. It sucks that they play for the Lakers and the Heat respectively but I'll always like those guys.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Oh and the Suns are the ideal place for JO. Let's hope that their medical stuff can do their miracle.

  19. #13
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,279

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot root against Nash. Same with Battier. It sucks that they play for the Lakers and the Heat respectively but I'll always like those guys.
    I wish I felt the same way. I am not trying to be patronizing, I really mean that.
    Pacers.com Guest Blog Post -- Invading The Target Center Post
    Area 55 Conquers Staples Center -- (Honorary) Area 55 Family Invades Target Center!

  20. #14

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Domination time.

  21. #15
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,679

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by TMJ31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish I felt the same way. I am not trying to be patronizing, I really mean that.
    Yeah, I get it. I never said it's easy :P

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nuntius For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    JO is done id be surprised if he played more than 20 games next season.

  24. #17
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,804

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    i'm honestly suprised anybody wanted him and wasn't forced into retirement. You would think that there would be several undrafted rookies that could be more effective than JO
    David "And One" West

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacergeek For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Hopefully his career will be resurrected.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

    J7F

  28. #19
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,322
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    I have a fish.

  29. #20
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,584
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Suns training staff and hyperbolic chamber to the rescue....
    If you are talking about a highly pressurized oxygen rich environment for the purposes of promoting physical healing, that would be a hyperbaric chamber.

    Having JO associated with a hyperbolic chamber conjures an image in my mind of a device that is promoted over and over as having capabilities which in reality it never really measures up to no matter how many different tweaks it undergoes.

    That is nearly priceless irony IMO, and I thank you for the opportunity to

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brad8888 For This Useful Post:


  31. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brown County, Indiana
    Posts
    3,800

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a fish.
    I Wanda what its name is?

  32. #22
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I Wanda what its name is?
    Really? You just did that? lol

  33. #23
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,602
    Mood

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Maybe their great medical staff can squeeze another year or two out of JO. I still would like to see him retire a Pacer even if it is just a one day contract.

  34. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully his career will be resurrected.
    A "Phoenix" joke ..... right?

    I guess all old people either end up in either Florida or Arizona.
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 08-12-2012 at 03:17 AM.

  35. #25

    Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal's a Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i'm honestly suprised anybody wanted him and wasn't forced into retirement. You would think that there would be several undrafted rookies that could be more effective than JO
    He's such a smart defender and strong team guy that he's got value a younger guy won't have, assuming he can stay on the court. I thought he played really well for Boston when he could get on the court.

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Shaquille O'Neal plans to play; not Jermaine O'Neal [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 02:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 04:00 PM
  3. Jermaine O'Neal
    By toocoolblue in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 07:41 PM
  4. Jermaine O'Neal on PTI right now
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 08:46 PM
  5. Jermaine O'Neal
    By SoupIsGood in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-07-2005, 02:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •