Thread: Artest as a Bull at Conseco

Default Artest as a Bull at Conseco

I seem to remeber the year before Artest was a Pacer - or maybe early in the same year - someone on his Bulls bench (or a few someones) had to restrain hom from going into the stands at Conseco when playing the Pacers - does anyone remember this or have any details?

Default Re: Artest as a Bull at Conseco

I remember. I believe a fan was really taunting him hard, and he started to go after her, got almost in the first row before being restrained by teammates. A warning....

I was there, it wasn't pretty. I'm sure that this came to mind when they were considering what to do with him. She was not taunting him any harder than anybody else (for fyi it is the same blond woman who gives it to everybody) & Ron had just been abused by Jalen Rose. He went tearing through the bench & was caught by two of his teammates & security stepped in. It was all Ron & the female fan was never ejected. She is a season ticket holder & has been since way way way back in the day at M.S.A.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Cartwright is the one that kicked Artest of out that game.

Artest has always maintained that, "I was just playing, I'd never go into the stands" and he accused Cartwright of over-reacting. UncleBuck's advise to not listen to anything he says is good starting point.

This was in January 2002, BTW.

That was in the days that the Bulls were so worried that he might do something outrageously bad - they were so desparate to get rid of him that they were considering taking on Jalen Rose's max contract just to get Ron out of their lockerroom.

I posted Sam Smith's column from last Sunday, he refers to that incident but he doesn't indicate that its in Indianapolis. It is.

And I believe it was the also the same woman fan that Allen Iverson called a rascist a couple of years back.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you