Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 205

Thread: BUMPED: 2012-2013 Official Win Loss Prediction Thread (post 100, p4)

  1. #26
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well for 1. Lebron's mentality isn't like that. Now if we were talking about someone like Kobe who is constantly worried about his legacy and one-uping Jordan, then yeah. But with Lebron coming off the olympics, Wade and Bosh coming back from injuries, trying to figure out a way to incorporate Ray Allen into the offense, their lack of bigs, the fact that EVERYONE will be gunning for them again...I think they wont be at their best until the playoffs start. I see them being a favorite in the finals, but the regular season is a long one. Idk if they'll be too worried about it, as much as they'll be focused on finishing strong in time for the playoffs.
    I disagree... LeBrons mentality is exactly like that... Jordan has always been on Lebrons mind... #23, Nike Brand legacy, He didn't say, gonna win 3 or 4, it was: NOT 5, NOT 6, NOT 7 (Clearly sights set on his legacy)... Lebron is not as clutch at the end of games, but he has the ability to dominate at-will like Jordan...

    Now, as far as 70 is concerned, the Heat are built VERY similarly to the Bulls 72 win team... 2-3-4 heavy, dominate you defensively... I believe that the advantage that the Bulls team has over this Heat team is that they had 3 guys that could shut you down offensively, while the Heat only has 1 but plays stifling team defense...

    This Heat team though has much more offensive firepower than the Bulls... This isn't a "vs." Post, but I believe the Heat are as built for a 70+ win season, as the Bulls were.

    Oh, and Pacers still beat the Bulls twice that year!

    Again, not saying this heat team is better... One of my friends and former teammates played on that team...
    Last edited by *astrisk*; 07-27-2012 at 01:12 PM.

  2. #27
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,477

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    I honestly think it's too early to say before we see New Jersey and New York this season. Also want to see if the Celtics have anything left in the tank or if this is just going to be just a really depressing .500ish fairwell tour for KG and Pierce. What will Chicago be without Rose? Can Cleveland make a leap I think they might be capable of?

    Right now I still have us penciled in as the 2 seed, but I don't know what that means. I would guess at least 50 wins. However, my gut says we might stumble a bit on our first 82 game season as a "favorite" on most nights. I just hope it's not the same sort of setback the Bucks suffered a couple years ago when most people thought they were the young, up and coming team. I feel better about this not happening to us since we're not leaning on John Salmons for 18PPG on most nights like those Bucks did for a while.

    I could easily see a 48-34 season and I think most people would be upset about this, to me the seeding is more important. I don't want to see us slide backward from that 3 seed even if our record doesn't quite get people excited. If someone put a gun to my head and made me guess I'd say 50, but I'd be willing to amend it to 55-56ish if someone could tell me what kind of Paul George we will get this fall.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  3. #28
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,403

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I disagree... LeBrons mentality is exactly like that... Jordan has always been on Lebrons mind... #23, Nike Brand legacy, He didn't say, gonna win 3 or 4, it was: NOT 5, NOT 6, NOT 7 (Clearly sights set on his legacy)... Lebron is not as clutch at the end of games, but he has the ability to dominate at-will like Jordan...

    Now, as far as 70 is concerned, the Heat are built VERY similarly to the Bulls 72 win team... 2-3-4 heavy, dominate you defensively... I believe that the advantage that the Bulls team has over this Heat team is that they had 3 guys that could shut you down offensively, while the Heat only has 1 but plays stifling team defense...

    This Heat team though has much more offensive firepower than the Bulls... This isn't a "vs." Post, but I believe the Heat are as built for a 70+ win season, as the Bulls were.

    Oh, and Pacers still beat the Bulls twice that year!

    Again, not saying this heat team is better... One of my friends and former teammates played on that team...
    I agree with everything you said except for this. I guess we agree to strongly disagree because I don't think that Lebron's mentality is anything near MJ's. (and I'm not even a fan of MJ). Talent-wise yes. Mentality to completely dominate every second of every game? No.

  4. #29
    Over the pond ballism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Baltics (Europe)
    Posts
    2,427

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    55-27
    and 1st seed.

  5. #30

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    i think our bench is a MAJOR upgrade to what we had last year. I think having Lou really hurt tyler bc lou couldnt do anything on the offensive end. Foster made it much easier for Hans and I think Ian Mahinmi will do the same. I say Tyler gets back to what we saw from him 2 seasons ago and getting DJ and Green along with Stephensons development will be huge

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to PacerPenguins For This Useful Post:


  7. #31
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    4,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soooo many questions with the new guys, but with the existing starters as well, imo.

    -has there been any improvement for Paul George or Tyler Hansbrough, if so, how much?

    -Is George Hill different being the starting Point Guard from day 1.

    -Is DJ Augustin as poor defensively as has been said?

    -Who gets the back up 2 guard minutes?

    -Is Lance a rotation caliber player?

    -Or really whats the rotation?

    -How good is Mahimni's defense? Is he able to play as part of the defensive scheme (BBall IQ)? Can he stay out of foul trouble?

    -Is Gerald Green as good as he was in 31 games last year? Whats his defense like?

    -How is David West not coming off a major knee injury?

    -What kind of shape is Danny in?

    -Can Plumlee contribute depending on the match-up?

    -Is Augustin a 38% shooter?

    -Whats the lockeroom/team chemistry like?

    -Is Roy improved, has he gotten better at defending the P-N-R?

    -What schemes do the coaching staff have with a full offseason and camp?

    -How will the team respond to being the hunted?/

    -How much improved or not improved are the other East teams. (NY and Brooklyn or Atlanta, for example)

    I could go on, so many variables. The Pacers did have the good favor of being healthy and having a compressed schedule that benefitted a team that went 9/10 deep, last year. They also, are in the pack of teams from 2-8 thats really pretty close, in the East, especially with DRose out until March and Boston still aging, and the DHo fiasco.

    With all of that said, I'll go with UB and say 50-32, for now.
    You forgot what is David Sterns plan for the team, and how many Refs like the Pacers now.

    But you did list some very good questions.
    Why so SERIOUS

  8. #32

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    52-30, 2nd seed

  9. #33
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,908

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    48-34

    Everyone knows that nationally-televised games make players better.

  10. #34
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    23
    Posts
    602

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soooo many questions with the new guys, but with the existing starters as well, imo.

    -has there been any improvement for Paul George or Tyler Hansbrough, if so, how much?

    -Is George Hill different being the starting Point Guard from day 1.

    -Is DJ Augustin as poor defensively as has been said?

    -Who gets the back up 2 guard minutes?

    -Is Lance a rotation caliber player?

    -Or really whats the rotation?

    -How good is Mahimni's defense? Is he able to play as part of the defensive scheme (BBall IQ)? Can he stay out of foul trouble?

    -Is Gerald Green as good as he was in 31 games last year? Whats his defense like?

    -How is David West not coming off a major knee injury?

    -What kind of shape is Danny in?

    -Can Plumlee contribute depending on the match-up?

    -Is Augustin a 38% shooter?

    -Whats the lockeroom/team chemistry like?

    -Is Roy improved, has he gotten better at defending the P-N-R?

    -What schemes do the coaching staff have with a full offseason and camp?

    -How will the team respond to being the hunted?

    -How much improved or not improved are the other East teams. (NY and Brooklyn or Atlanta, for example)

    I could go on, so many variables. The Pacers did have the good favor of being healthy and having a compressed schedule that benefitted a team that went 9/10 deep, last year. They also, are in the pack of teams from 2-8 thats really pretty close, in the East, especially with DRose out until March and Boston still aging, and the DHo fiasco.

    With all of that said, I'll go with UB and say 50-32, for now.
    there's not as many variables as you think. we know that david west will be better, since he's now 100 percent (he was returning to his true form in the playoffs). we know that danny will be in great shape, as always. the locker-room/team chemistry is the same as last year, which is good news. i still don't think the pacers are viewed as the 'hunted' because we lack a year-to-year all-star (one of the few times this fact plays in our favor). but don't get me wrong, teams definitely know who we are now, but that's different from being 'hunted'. i'm very confident that this team will do well this year. i think it's a sure-fire thing that the pacers are at least the third seed in the eastern conference. im saying 55-27, second in the east behind miami. showdown between first and second seeds in the ECF, with us losing in 6-7 games.

  11. #35
    On the Vogel Wagon gummy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    3,929
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    51-31
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

    "Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

    "Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

  12. #36
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,602
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Soooo many questions with the new guys, but with the existing starters as well, imo.

    -has there been any improvement for Paul George or Tyler Hansbrough, if so, how much?

    -Is George Hill different being the starting Point Guard from day 1.

    -Is DJ Augustin as poor defensively as has been said?

    -Who gets the back up 2 guard minutes?

    -Is Lance a rotation caliber player?

    -Or really whats the rotation?

    -How good is Mahimni's defense? Is he able to play as part of the defensive scheme (BBall IQ)? Can he stay out of foul trouble?

    -Is Gerald Green as good as he was in 31 games last year? Whats his defense like?

    -How is David West not coming off a major knee injury?

    -What kind of shape is Danny in?

    -Can Plumlee contribute depending on the match-up?

    -Is Augustin a 38% shooter?

    -Whats the lockeroom/team chemistry like?

    -Is Roy improved, has he gotten better at defending the P-N-R?

    -What schemes do the coaching staff have with a full offseason and camp?

    -How will the team respond to being the hunted?/

    -How much improved or not improved are the other East teams. (NY and Brooklyn or Atlanta, for example)

    I could go on, so many variables. The Pacers did have the good favor of being healthy and having a compressed schedule that benefitted a team that went 9/10 deep, last year. They also, are in the pack of teams from 2-8 thats really pretty close, in the East, especially with DRose out until March and Boston still aging, and the DHo fiasco.

    With all of that said, I'll go with UB and say 50-32, for now.
    All great and legitimate questions, It'll be very exciting seeing them answered this season.

    To early to say but I'll guess anyway.

    53-29 - 2nd round, possibly conference finals depending on match ups.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  13. #37

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Of course it is too early to make a good prediction! That's the fun of doing it!
    We can be as optimistic or pessimistic as our personalities incline us to be.

    Right now it is more fun for me to be optimistic (within the range of possibilities), and so I say 58-24, No. 1 seed, take the Heat to 7 in the conference finals.

    The Eastern Conference has a lot of possibilities to consider this year. I think that there will be more teams in the mix for the play-offs this year.

  14. #38
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    98-0 Champions
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  16. #39
    Our hero! GrangerRanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    29
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Am I the only one concerned that our bench is too traditional? As much as I hate Jim O'brien, his strategy of small ball has been put in place by successful teams in the playoffs lately. I really wish we had an athletic shooter that can defend at the four spot.

  17. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Everybody on here is just throwing out numbers. I looked at the schedule game by game and came up with 65-17. Some of you have already probably stopped reading. It's not as far fetched as people think it is. Our schedule is pretty easy. I agree with Frank Vogel, nothing on the schedule scares me. I bet Hill and Roy make big steps forward in their game because they will realize how much they're getting paid and work their butts off. Our bench should be much improved and everybody is expecting MJ out of Paul George. A full training camp for Vogel and a healthy one for West will only help. 60+ wins is possible.

  18. #41
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    I definitely will want time adjust my prediction come preseason time because by when we'll have sirtof an idea on what we are getting out of our unknown. But I will make a prediction.

    I'm gonna go 60-22 and a second seed. I think a lot of confidence, a good defense and a relatively young team spells success in the regular season.

    With that said, I like how Boston has fixed some of their issues and although they should have a lesser record, I may consider them the favorites in a playoff series versus Indiana.

    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  19. #42
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,871
    Mood

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangerRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Am I the only one concerned that our bench is too traditional? As much as I hate Jim O'brien, his strategy of small ball has been put in place by successful teams in the playoffs lately. I really wish we had an athletic shooter that can defend at the four spot.
    and your prediction is?
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  20. #43

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    73-9

    But I'll wait until October for my official prediction
    Last edited by Slick Pinkham; 07-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  21. #44
    Member *astrisk*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mobile, AL
    Posts
    484
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with everything you said except for this. I guess we agree to strongly disagree because I don't think that Lebron's mentality is anything near MJ's. (and I'm not even a fan of MJ). Talent-wise yes. Mentality to completely dominate every second of every game? No.
    With the bench depth the heat have this year, he doesn't HAVE to dominate every minute of every game... He still has Wade and Bosh who can take over games... But lets be honest, Lebrons no slouch in regular season consistency. He averaged like 28-7-7 over the course of a regular season.. thanks for the comment tho!

  22. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by *astrisk* View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the bench depth the heat have this year, he doesn't HAVE to dominate every minute of every game... He still has Wade and Bosh who can take over games... But lets be honest, Lebrons no slouch in regular season consistency. He averaged like 28-7-7 over the course of a regular season.. thanks for the comment tho!
    Jordan dominated but didn't win anything until he got Pippen and a better supporting cast.....

  23. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    73-8

    But I'll wait until October for my official prediction
    Will you add one more game then?

  24. #47
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    I will go with 48 wins. I do not believe this team is there yet. More or less I expect this team to really hit all cylinders later march early april.. hopefully it will carry us far into the playoffs.

    What i find most interesting is the fact two years ago when OBrien was fired I dont think over half this board would have expected to be stating 50 wins as a realistic goal for wins.

    Larry Bird put together a team that will win 50 games for the next 5 years and if we can get to the NBA Finals once (considering how talented the heat are) I would be extremely pleased as a pacers fan.

    Realistically the pacers could keep together this starting 5 for the duration of that period; even West still has 4 solid years left. I am very hopeful that Bird returns to see this to the finish line. I dont know what was meant by Walsh stating he would only be here as a fill in for a year.. but it sounds like a possibility.

    Could this be the beginning of an unprecedented run by the Blue & Gold that resembles the 95 -04 era of the Pacers.?

    I wonder if Granger will be apart of it. I really expect a solid season from Granger. He needs to step it up like no other this season. I basically want scaled down version of Scottie Pippen 2.0 from DG.

  25. #48
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jordan dominated but didn't win anything until he got Pippen and a better supporting cast.....
    I have always hoped DG would reach the Pippen level ceiling I have for him early in his career. Pacers will never have an MJ but collectively we have to find it in talent.

  26. #49
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,588

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    98-0

  27. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Win Loss Prediction Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersPride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have always hoped DG would reach the Pippen level ceiling I have for him early in his career. Pacers will never have an MJ but collectively we have to find it in talent.
    Pippen would not have been Pippen without MJ. When MJ left the team, Pippen turned into nothing special. Pippen rode Jordan right into the HOF. I doubt he would have made it without MJ.....

Similar Threads

  1. UFC 98 Prediction Thread
    By scar in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 03:40 AM
  2. Attendance Prediction Thread
    By idioteque in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
  3. Can Someone dig up the Pre season prediction thread?
    By SycamoreKen in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 02:50 PM
  4. Who You Got? The Player Prediction Thread
    By JayRedd in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •