Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

  1. #1

    Default If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    July 7th....Brendan Bowers: Michael Redd told me today he feels the best he has in years & that he is receiving interest from multiple teams right now #NBA #FreeAgency Twitter

    This would be a nice veteran backup who still has some game.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,551

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Given a choice, I think I would rather have Pietrus.

  3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    I'd take Redd over Pietrus any day of the week. Given our team. Redd played pretty well with the Suns last year, and gives us a pure shooter.

  5. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by beast23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given a choice, I think I would rather have Pietrus.
    I agree Pacers need Pietrus to help guard Lebron.

  6. #5
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,940

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Didnt we show interest in Pietrus last year when he was bough out by Phoenix or something?

  7. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didnt we show interest in Pietrus last year when he was bough out by Phoenix or something?
    Yes they did.

  8. #7
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Defense is only going to get us so far, but in this case I'm taking Pietrus.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  9. #8
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,264
    Mood

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    I like Redd and wouldn't mind us signing him on the cheap, but I do think that Pietrus would be the better fit.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffg-body For This Useful Post:


  11. #9

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Hey, and Pietrus with Mahinmi would give us the "French Connection," n'est ce pas?
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  12. #10
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,575
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    I don't get where Pietrus is such the defensive stopper. In 08/09 Playoffs, Lebron averaged 38.5 ppg vs Orlando in the conference finals, and Kobe averaged 32.4 ppg in the finals that year, and that was Pietrus in his prime. Last year Lebron averaged 33.5 ppg vs the Celtics in the playoffs.

    I'd take neither as an option.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  14. #11

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Pacers need Pietrus to help guard Lebron.
    Pietrus' contributions on defense are often negated by his chucking and poor shot selection.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddage For This Useful Post:


  16. #12
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doddage View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pietrus' contributions on defense are often negated by his chucking and poor shot selection.
    So, Pietrus = Dhantay Jones
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  18. #13

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, Pietrus = Dhantay Jones
    Almost, except Dahntay's a better defender and likes to drive more.

  19. #14
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,630
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    To the original question: No, even if cheap, I do not want Michael Redd. Nor Pietrus for that matter. Our wing rotation is a traffic jam as it is. Let's see who steps up and does well, and find out what we're missing, before we go adding more pieces.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  21. #15

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Actually, the best remaining available player who can defend at SF and shoot the 3 is Brandon Rrr..... Doh!
    "I'd run through a brick wall for that man."
    - Roy Hibbert on playing for Coach Frank Vogel

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to DrFife For This Useful Post:


  23. #16
    Your Daddy RobRoy317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    128

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cactus Jax View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get where Pietrus is such the defensive stopper. In 08/09 Playoffs, Lebron averaged 38.5 ppg vs Orlando in the conference finals, and Kobe averaged 32.4 ppg in the finals that year, and that was Pietrus in his prime. Last year Lebron averaged 33.5 ppg vs the Celtics in the playoffs.

    I'd take neither as an option.
    FALSE. I just did some quick research and Pietrus has never even started a playoff game. So not only does this weaken your point, but it pretty much negates what you said considering you just compared his role-playing time versus not just any players, but 2 great scorers. It'd be like if I said "Dahntay Jones is not a defensive stopper (just for the sake of the argument), because Lebron averaged (probably about 30 per game) vs the Pacers in the 2011-2012 playoffs." Do you see what I'm sayin'?
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

  24. #17
    Your Daddy RobRoy317's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Age
    21
    Posts
    128

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    I don't think his shot selection is that bad considering his FG% is .43 and his 3P% is .36. Although not boner-inducing, I wouldn't call it "poor".
    "What you are witnessing right now is the old Danny Granger of old!!" - Chris Denari 01/01/2014

  25. #18
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    877

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrFife View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, the best remaining available player who can defend at SF and shoot the 3 is Brandon Rrr..... Doh!
    I would rather have him then the other two. So, the answer is none.

  26. #19
    billbradley
    Guest

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Pacers need Pietrus to help guard Lebron.
    I agree, I like Pietrus. He is great to have on the court when his 3 is on.

    Does anybody remember Pietrus motioning for PG to come at him after MP got a flagrant?


  27. #20
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,103

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree Pacers need Pietrus to help guard Lebron.
    Lebron TOURCHED Pietrus in the playoffs last year (especially game 6) NOBODY can "guard" Lebron

    Now if we brought in Pietrus to guard D-Wade, and knock down open 3's...that's a different story.
    Last edited by Ace E.Anderson; 07-27-2012 at 10:33 AM.

  28. #21

  29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:


  30. #22
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    491
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would rather have him then the other two. So, the answer is none.
    Rush PO'd Pacer management with his toking behavior. I would like to see him back, but it ain't happening unless he agrees to share.

  31. #23
    Member WhoLovesYaBaby?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    491
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: If Michael Redd could be had somewhat inexpensive do you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lebron TOURCHED Pietrus in the playoffs last year (especially game 6) NOBODY can "guard" Lebron

    Now if we brought in Pietrus to guard D-Wade, and knock down open 3's...that's a different story.
    LeMe is my least favorite player in the league now that Dampier and Curry seem to be gone. But I have to agree. He's at the top of his game.

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Redd is a Sun
    By Strummer in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 03:24 PM
  2. michael redd
    By SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 01:15 PM
  3. Michael Redd
    By Kofi in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-06-2008, 01:36 PM
  4. Michael Redd to the Cavs?
    By scar in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:17 AM
  5. Michael Redd
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •