Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Hibbert bonding with the rookies.

Default Re: Roy Hibbert bonding with the rookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honestly, when you think of the two guys who have ascended to the public face of the franchise status over the past 7 years, you couldn't have asked for two better guys than Roy and Danny. What a perfect antidote to the brawl years, two completely respectable guys who whether endearing us via their love of video games or superheroes or in Roy's case stuff like the MMA and his yearly summer workout plan have completely changed the public view of the Pacers. They are honestly a PR person's dream.
    I am hesitant to even ask this for fear of turning a positive thread into a negative one.......but heck, you know how I am!

OK, a number of things that Roy has done are mentioned here. You brought up Granger, so I have to ask. What has he done in this vein of PR/goodwill/team togetherness? It seems it is always someone else getting the team together for workouts or whatever, so where is his part in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post
    I am hesitant to even ask this for fear of turning a positive thread into a negative one.......but heck, you know how I am!

OK, a number of things that Roy has done are mentioned here. You brought up Granger, so I have to ask. What has he done in this vein of PR/goodwill/team togetherness? It seems it is always someone else getting the team together for workouts or whatever, so where is his part in this?

I think Roy has more of an outgoing personality. Danny seems more introverted and probably would rather do his work privately. I've heard of stuff he's done thru people posting on twitter, but he doesn't seem to publicize it much. I totally understand him not wanting to publicize everything, I would be the same way. It's just a difference in personality and publicity. Both guys are great for the franchise in different ways.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacerfan For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom White View Post

To me, it's just the fact that Danny has always been a good citizen and you can see him developing into a veteran leader on this team. As much as Roy is the face of the franchise now, Danny is still the heart. He's the one that's been here, dealt with all the b.s. and kept his head high and given the fans someone with an edge to rally behind. He's not flashy or even an All-Star, but he is a good player and a good personality. He fits in here in Indiana.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

@The_Real_CJake

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Didn't Danny take the lead to organize that event for PPS&E employee's immediately after the lockout last year, because those people were hit hardest by NBA lockout?
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mourning For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    Didn't Danny take the lead to organize that event for PPS&E employee's immediately after the lockout last year, because those people were hit hardest by NBA lockout?
    Yep.

Danny's also done a lot of internal team leadership with our young wing players, especially George and Lance. I expect him to take OJ under his wing as well.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Anthem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Yep.

Danny's also done a lot of internal team leadership with our young wing players, especially George and Lance. I expect him to take OJ under his wing as well.
    So you're saying that more of what he does is "out of the public eye"?