Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

  1. #1

    Default Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    The on again off again travails of Dwight Howard is getting to be a rerun of LeBron leaving Cleveland. If he wanted out so badly why did he exercise his option for another year so we could all hear all the scenarios about where he wants to go and so on.

    I'm sure there is a monetary reason behind all this seeming indecision.

  2. #2
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Anywhere but Brooklyn is just. Anywhere but Brooklyn, Los Angeles (Lakers or Clippers), New York or Chicago is icing.

  3. #3
    Batman's New Side Kick Psyren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    2,586

    Default

    Howards is far worse than what Lebron did.

    Sure the hour long special was a waste, but at least LeBron got it over with.

    This Howard nightmare has gone on for years.
    Stop quoting people I have on ignore!

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Psyren For This Useful Post:


  5. #4
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    I just want it to be over. It's second to only Brett Favre in terms of annoyance.

  6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    Honorary Area 55'er TMJ31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,803

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just want it to be over. It's second to only Brett Favre in terms of annoyance.

    Easy there...
    Read my Pacers.com Guest Blog:
    "Area 55 Conquers Staples Center"

  8. #6
    Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    ya
    Posts
    3,745

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howards is far worse than what Lebron did.

    Sure the hour long special was a waste, but at least LeBron got it over with.

    This Howard nightmare has gone on for years.
    Ya know, I didn't really mind "The Decision". He was a free agent, it was fairly quick, considering who he is and the situation. And most of all all the proceeds went to the "Boys Club" and other charities, which was 6 million dollars!
    Last edited by Pacer Fan; 07-26-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Corrected proceeds
    .

    Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pacer Fan For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    16,476

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    I hope he is forced to waste another year of his career in Orlando. He is without question one of the biggest babies in all of sports. The fool could be a Brooklyn Net right now had he just shut up and played last season and left all the drama for the summer. The Nets easily had the cap space to sign him.

    "The Decision" was a bad idea, but Lebron was smart with how he handled everything else relating to his free agency. All he focused on in 09-10 was playing basketball and he wouldn't answer questions about his impending free agency. Had Dwight followed his lead, he'd be a happy Net right now.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Charlotte

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MyFavMartin For This Useful Post:


  14. #9

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    My only real choice is Indy. But, I'm OK with Dallas. They suck right now. or any of the West teams cause they in the West. But mainly I only care how it impacts the Pacers. I like Dwight. He seems like a good guy that's doing a really job of becoming a free agent. It's easy to be stupid about stuff when you're young.

  15. #10
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Just hope it's in the West, don't really care much beyond that

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  17. #11

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    I'd prefer he not go to LA that's about it.

    Actually I kind of wanted him to go to Houston. It'd be refreshing for a star to go to a new team without needing to team up with other stars.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Pace Maker For This Useful Post:


  19. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Of Course there is a monetary reason. His agent won't let him sign a new deal with anyone until his year is up and he can get the max contract. It would not be good if he went to Chicago. The Pacers would be behind Chicago for the next decade. ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  20. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Howards is far worse than what Lebron did.

    Sure the hour long special was a waste, but at least LeBron got it over with.

    This Howard nightmare has gone on for years.
    I think is worse than Farve.

  21. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyFavMartin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Charlotte
    If that happened, the Pacers are behind Charlotte and looking at a seven or eight seed....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  22. #15
    Naptown Born and Raised Blackhawk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    180
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    At first I cared if he went to the Lakers, but now I really don't care. Lakers are more likely to get an extension with Bynum the longer this takes so that means less I care about Howard each and every single second.

  23. #16
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,959

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Dont give a crap

  24. #17
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    445
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anywhere but Brooklyn is just. Anywhere but Brooklyn, Los Angeles (Lakers or Clippers), New York or Chicago is icing.
    Nor Miami.

  25. #18
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,222

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Nope. Don't give two *****. Just want it to be over.
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveP63 For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Member pogi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    445
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ya know, I didn't really mind "The Decision". He was a free agent, it was fairly quick, considering who he is and the situation. And most of all all the proceeds went to the "Boys Club" which I believe was a million dollars!
    I did. Any free agent who broadcasts an hour long special to basically say, "screw this city, I'm going elsewhere", loses my respect. Especially using the Boys Club, IMO, to try to soften the blow. I'm sorry, but nobody can explain it to me differently and make me change my mind.

    But, I do agree with the Dwight Coward extravaganza. He's getting ridiculous.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to pogi For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Danny Granger PowerRanger DGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whiteland, IN
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,029

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    I'm really pulling for Toronto.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

  30. #21

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    I really seldom do this, but I hope he gets a career ending injury. Guy is a douche and represents the worst in egotistical stars.

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post:


  32. #22

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Don't really care. Although, it would be nice if he went to a team in the western conference. I still have respect for his game. Let Big Roy be the top center in the East.

    However, with all this bad pub, Roy could sneak in and get the national fan vote.

  33. #23
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,073

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    Quote Originally Posted by MaHa3000 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    However, with all this bad pub, Roy could sneak in and get the national fan vote.
    No, no he couldn't. Chandler's still in the East, so's Noah, Miami will still have someone playing C.

  34. #24
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,280
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Does anyone care where Howard winds up?

    It is really amazing how much of a hit Dwight Howard has given to his image.

    I remember the fun loving superman always smiling.

    Now he is a crybaby whiner.

  35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  36. #25
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Get him out of my conference.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. I Don't Care For The New Look
    By Hoop in forum Feedback
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Pot. Do you care?
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 05:28 AM
  3. The Winds Of Change
    By pacers20 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 09:39 AM
  4. Vescey: Trade Winds and Hot Air
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •