Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

  1. #1

    Default ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Last Night’s SportsCenter Featured A Dwight Howard Story Plagiarized Word-For-Word From RealGM.com

    deadspin link:

    http://deadspin.com/5929250/last-nig...from-realgmcom
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

  2. #2
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    I hope this drum gets beat rather long and loudly for as much as ESPN likes to "toot their own horn".
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Roaming Gnome For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    How u imawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B-town
    Posts
    5,190

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Amazing. I wonder what kind of damages can be seeked for something like this.

  5. #4
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    This is unacceptable. The one who plagiarized should be fired immediately. If they like his work so much, hire him in place of the fired guy!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Bonaventure, NY
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,836
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Last Night’s SportsCenter Featured A Dwight Howard Story Plagiarized Word-For-Word From RealGM.com

    deadspin link:

    http://deadspin.com/5929250/last-nig...from-realgmcom
    Does this surprise anyone?? Basically every tweet Chris Brussard tweets is plagiarized. Dwill tweets he is signing with the Nets 10 minutes later Chris B tweets multiple sources tell him Dwill choose the Nets. He basically does that on 90% of his stories he does that and never gives the local beat writer credit who broke the story. He is basically the same as Legion sports.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    the goat Haywoode Workman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    430

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    espn is the walmart of the sports media world.

  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Haywoode Workman For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,537

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    ESPN is the groin of the sports reporting world.

  11. #8

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    ESPN, world-class as always.

  12. #9

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ESPN is the groin of the sports reporting world.
    I prefer rectum. Boy that quote could be used against me.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ramitt For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer rectum. Boy that quote could be used against me.
    Someone needs to quote that and use it as their signature. It's not going to be me though. I don't want "Ramitt" and "rectum" in every post I make, lol.

    As for ESPN, someone will get fired, and if Real GM sues, ESPN will pay a settlement and then we'll all forget about it.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pizza guy For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Lifelong Indy-area resident
    Age
    62
    Posts
    4,644

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by Haywoode Workman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    espn is the walmart of the sports media world.
    What? You think they get 80% of their news from China?

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beast23 For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Member ilive4sports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    6,822

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    not surprising. just like espn hears about a story and then sends their own person to just "get the info" and say its their own report rather than giving credit to those who broke the story.

  19. #13

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by pizza guy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Someone needs to quote that and use it as their signature. It's not going to be me though. I don't want "Ramitt" and "rectum" in every post I make, lol.

    As for ESPN, someone will get fired, and if Real GM sues, ESPN will pay a settlement and then we'll all forget about it.
    I can understand your hesitation.

  20. #14

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    ESPN is increasingly unbearable. Glad they got caught.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to IUfan4life For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,967

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramitt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer rectum. Boy that quote could be used against me.
    Rectum? ..
    .

    .
    Damn near killed 'em .



    .
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kemo For This Useful Post:


  24. #16
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    I'm still amazed that someone has not stepped up and tried to be a competitor to these idiots. They have gotten so arrogant that they've become lazy. They know they are the only place to get sports highlights and they take advantage of the situation. I can't stand them but I still end up watching them because I don't have a choice. I think many diehard sports fans would embrace a challenger, if for no other reason than it's NOT ESPN.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to fwpacerfan For This Useful Post:


  26. #17

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still amazed that someone has not stepped up and tried to be a competitor to these idiots. They have gotten so arrogant that they've become lazy. They know they are the only place to get sports highlights and they take advantage of the situation. I can't stand them but I still end up watching them because I don't have a choice. I think many diehard sports fans would embrace a challenger, if for no other reason than it's NOT ESPN.
    I think Yahoo Sports passed them in site traffic a long time ago, FWIW.

  27. #18
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,911

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    I've seen they've cited RealGM.com a few other times when reporting news on Howard (either by the anchor, subtitles, or the breaking news bar), but yeah, that's just sloppy and unprofessional.

    It looks like NBC Sports (formerly Versus) could potentially challenge ESPN one day, but they're not quite ready yet.

    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UBKo7jFSRmw

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to PR07 For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,288

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by fwpacerfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm still amazed that someone has not stepped up and tried to be a competitor to these idiots. They have gotten so arrogant that they've become lazy. They know they are the only place to get sports highlights and they take advantage of the situation. I can't stand them but I still end up watching them because I don't have a choice. I think many diehard sports fans would embrace a challenger, if for no other reason than it's NOT ESPN.

    I think NBC sports network is slowly trying to be a rival to ESPN. They are going to have a NFL show, a MLB show and Bob Costas is going to have an interview show starting after the olympics. They could be a real rival. They stole Michelle Beadle too.

  30. #20

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Quote Originally Posted by pacers74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They stole Michelle Beadle too.
    ESPN and reporters is like the Colts and linebackers.

    Find 'em, build 'em up, use them until they're close to done and then let someone else give them a bunch of money.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  32. #21
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,171

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: ESPN caught Plagiarizing a Real GM story, word-for-word

    Anyone else remember the fight Artest got in a few years ago during All-Star Weekend?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
  2. Mavs await word from NBA on discipline for Dirk [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2008, 12:01 AM
  3. Sheridan: Melo staying away from G-word [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 05:10 PM
  4. Final word? Shinn says Hornets to stay in New Orleans (ESPN.com)
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 04:40 PM
  5. A real word?
    By Vicious Tyrant in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •