Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 152

Thread: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

  1. #26
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,762

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Interesting note, today I talked to a guy who honest to God does not like the current Batman as depicted by Nolan nor did he like the Burton or any of the follow ups to that.

    He is a die hard Adam West Batman fan. He's about 7 years younger than me so it's not like an age thing for him, he Just honestly likes that version better.

    I thought he was Joking but after talking to him, he was dead serious.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  2. #27
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I am not confused by what depth means. I am glad you are a "Bat forecaster" but on a message board my opinion means as much as yours so I'd appreciate it if you didn't infer that I just don't understand.

    And if you say the Joker doesn't have much depth then on how God's green earth do any of Rises villains have great depth?
    I've corrected twice now, I meant "Lore master", and I won't state it again. Let's just keep it within the trilogy for now. If you honestly think the Joker has equal or more depth, than Bane and Talyia, I can't help you. It's right before your eyes. Watch "Batman Begins" again friend. Maybe then you will start realizing then.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  3. #28
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, I hate to be picky but wasn't Silverstone Batgirl, not catwoman?
    Batgirl.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  4. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    I guess to me the director of this movie missed the boat in cat woman, that girl doesn't have sex appeal, she is goofy, her acting is not that good, I don't know, I guess I just don't like her,wasn't there somebody better? wasn't cat woman supposed to be bad?

    And yes Peck Alicia was Batgirl and she was hot

  5. #30
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wasn't cat woman supposed to be bad?
    Cat Woman has been written an anti-hero for about 15 years now in the comics.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  6. #31
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,344

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've corrected twice now, I meant "Lore master", and I won't state it again.
    And that is better?
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  8. #32
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    He got bit by auto-correct, leave him be.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  10. #33
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,219

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    I hadn't thought of it.....but in the movie....despite some references to Hathaway's character as a "cat burglar", at no point was she actually referenced as "Catwoman". In fact......despite her black skin tight outfit....if you think about it and look at her....she does not dress up like a cat. The pictures that you see of her where she looks like she has "cat ears" aren't cat ears....but her night vision glasses "flipped up" when she isn't using them. The "Cat ears" are the silhouette of the bottom of her goggles.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hadn't thought of it.....but in the movie....despite some references to Hathaway's character as a "cat burglar", at no point was she actually referenced as "Catwoman". In fact......despite her black skin tight outfit....if you think about it and look at her....she does not dress up like a cat. The pictures that you see of her where she looks like she has "cat ears" aren't cat ears....but her night vision glasses "flipped up" when she isn't using them. The "Cat ears" are the silhouette of the bottom of her goggles.
    Could it be possible that she is Batgirl? the more I think about it the more batgirl she looks to me.

  12. #35
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    42
    Posts
    25,219

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could it be possible that she is Batgirl? the more I think about it the more batgirl she looks to me.
    Uhhh.....Batman did not end up running away with Batgirl to start a new life.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  13. #36
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Selina Kyle as Batgirl would probably induce rioting amongst the Bat Lore Masters. Plus I'm not really sure there's a spot for Batgirl in the Nolanverse, that role in recent years (discounting the never-happened Batman and Robin) has been written for the daughter of Commissioner Gordon, whom is probably too young at this point if she exists at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Uhhh.....Batman did not end up running away with Batgirl to start a new life.
    This as well.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  15. #37
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Anne Hathaway not sexy and a bad actress? Is this opposite day? I couldn't focus when she was onscreen because of that suit. My god.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  17. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread



    I rest my case.

  18. #39
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,493

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    I don't get it.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  19. #40
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I rest my case.
    I approve, of Anne Hathaway.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:


  21. #41
    Headband and Rec Specs rexnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    8,752

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    I would make some sort of joke about Anne Hathaway not being a "Batman" or an elite level talent but I think she's one of the best young actresses in Hollywood. Also, the aforementioned catsuit.

    Spoiler Spoiler:

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rexnom For This Useful Post:


  23. #42
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,431

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    This movie rocked. Best one of them all for me. My wife said the same thing. We went to eat dinner after the movie and talked about the movie the entire time. I don't think we've ever discussed a movie in so much depth before.

    I heard rumors that Talia was in the movie, but wasn't 100% (I stayed away from every spoiler possible). So when she stabbed Batman and announced herself as Talia, I was blown away. I love how the trilogy not only referenced the previous films to a degree, but that it came around full circle with Talia trying to carry out what he father failed to do.

    Just amazing.

    Even the "Robin" thing was a very nice touch. Or should I say Nightwing?
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

  24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  25. #43
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,859

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    In terms of looks, to me Anne Hathaway is just a less attractive Audrey Tautou, but to each his own I say!

  26. #44
    Member Constellations's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Going to the IMAX this friday to watch the movie for my 3rd time. Woot!
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

  27. #45
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    OK, I just saw this movie over the weekend on IMAX.

    Thoroughly entertained. Amazing to see from a technical standpoint - IMAX was incredible.

    There were several scenes in which the thrill level was racheted up so high it was emotional to watch. It was a great, great movie on a gut level. It was big, it was loud, it was a sensory experience .

    Having said that did I love the movie? I loved certain scenes, and I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish. But did I love the movie? No not really. I know there were a number of themes throughout the movie that were pretty deep and interesting, but I still didn't love it.

    Overall I liked Dark Knight a little more, although they were similar in many ways.

    My biggest complaint about "Rises" is what I often complain about in these type of movies. What is wrong with taking a deep breath during a movie, a slow building scene, a quiet scene, a little intrique - just didn't think this movie had enough of those type things. Almost the whole movie was full speed ahead, in your face, balls out. And why that can be thrilling it doesn't make me love a movie.

    Dont get me wrong I did really like the movie, much better than The Avengers. Although Bane as the primary villian did nothing for me - boring character - that was the biggest disappointment to me in the whole movie.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-30-2012 at 09:34 AM.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  29. #46
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Which IMAX theater did you see it at, UB?

    I'm meeting Gnome today to see it it at the Hamilton IMAX.

  30. #47
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,345

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    The best Batman movie that no one talks about... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQYxAeruiEo
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  31. #48
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,904

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which IMAX theater did you see it at, UB?

    I'm meeting Gnome today to see it it at the Hamilton IMAX.
    That is where I saw it. 5 rows from the top, right in the middle.

    have fun

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  33. #49
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,613

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've corrected twice now, I meant "Lore master", and I won't state it again. Let's just keep it within the trilogy for now. If you honestly think the Joker has equal or more depth, than Bane and Talyia, I can't help you. It's right before your eyes. Watch "Batman Begins" again friend. Maybe then you will start realizing then.
    Yeah, the big strong guy helping his girlfriend kill the hero that murdered her father because he wanted to destroy something the hero loved is way more in depth and original than the villain who gives two different backstories for his character development, challenges the very fiber of what Batman is (will he always be just another freak in a mask or can he be something more?), and is running amok causing mayhem for maybe no reason or for maybe a very certain reason, we never really get to find out.

    Sorry, but Bane and Talia's story is pretty much standard comic book fare in terms of motives, what the hell was the Joker motivated by? He suggests any number of things, and that is what makes him a much more fascinating character and the Dark Knight a more fascinating in depth movie.

    Personally, I would have preferred Bane without Talia in Rises, instead the big twist at the end zone is just basically like finding out Bane is in the friend zone level 9000.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  34. #50
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    31,613

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Batman the Dark Knight Rises & other Batman topics thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He got bit by auto-correct, leave him be.
    Yes, but calling yourself a "Batman Loremaster" as a reason his argument is correct and mine is not is a pretty subjective thing, especially when he has no idea what my background is in Batman "lore". Perhaps I am a Loremaster as well. Or maybe a I am a lore expert, or even better yet a lore aficionado.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Similar Threads

  1. The Dark Knight Rises theatrical trailer has been released!
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
  2. Anne Hathaway Is Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy Is BANE In 'The Dark Knight Rises'
    By JB24 in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 04:20 PM
  3. The Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer
    By Hicks in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 07:01 AM
  4. First 5 mins of Batman The Dark Knight
    By ilive4sports in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2008, 12:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •