Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 85

Thread: 2012-13 Season schedule announced

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default 2012-13 Season schedule announced

    http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/2012-...dule-announced

    NBA to Release Pacers 2012-13 Schedule
    The NBA will be releasing each teamís schedule Thursday night, July 26th at 7:15 PM. Pacers.com to have exclusive interview with Coach Vogel.

    by Jeff Tzucker | July 25, 2012

    The NBA will be releasing each teamís schedule Thursday night, July 26th at 7:15 PM with NBA TV hosting a one-hour NBA 2012-13 Schedule Release Special starting at 7 PM ET.

    Within moments of the official schedule being released, Pacers.com will air an exclusive interview with Head Coach Frank Vogel hosted by Chris Denari. The interview will focus on the schedule, big games, key matchups, road trips, and more. Pacers.com will also have downloads and a short article recap of the schedule. Check back tomorrow night starting at 7:15 PM for these features.

    The Official Release From NBA.com

    NBA TV's NBA 2012-13 Schedule Release Special will exclusively announce the 2012-13 NBA regular season schedule on Thursday, July 26, at 7 p.m. ET. The one-hour show will highlight the season's most-anticipated games including those scheduled for Kia NBA Tip-Off '12 (the opening week of the season), Christmas Day and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The show will offer immediate reaction to those matchups and many other marquee games and top storylines for the upcoming season.

    The one-hour show will highlight the season's most-anticipated games including those scheduled for Kia NBA Tip-Off '12 (the opening week of the season), Christmas Day and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. The show will offer immediate reaction to those matchups and many other marquee games and top storylines for the upcoming season.
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-27-2012 at 01:53 PM.

  2. #2
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    1,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    I really hope the Pacers get a Christmas Day game.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pacersalltheway10 For This Useful Post:


  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope the Pacers get a Christmas Day game.


    No way we get a Christmas game IMO we dont draw ratings like other teams. Better shot of NOLA getting a Christmas game than us IMO. Hope I am wrong but I dont see a way on earth we get a game on Christmas.

  5. #4
    B U T L E R..U a Bulldog!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Basketball heartland
    Posts
    1,955

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    No way we get a Christmas game IMO we dont draw ratings like other teams. Better shot of NOLA getting a Christmas game than us IMO. Hope I am wrong but I dont see a way on earth we get a game on Christmas.
    I know that's why I said "hope"

  6. #5
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacersalltheway10 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope the Pacers get a Christmas Day game.
    Me too. Heat, Knicks, Nets, Lakers and Thunder will all likely get games, put the Pacers in with that and you have your three games.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  7. #6
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    9,706

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    Clippers will probably be in the Christmas day mix. Knicks/Nets, Lakers/Clippers, and Heat/OKC matchups would be interesting.

  8. #7
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,646

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    Just give us a somewhat easy first 10-15 games or so. End the 1st 3/4 weeks of the season with like a 67% win percentage, keep the early interest there.

  9. #8

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced tomorrow at 7PM

    Hoping for good Wednesday night (college night) games.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PacersHomer For This Useful Post:


  11. #9
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    They have had up to 5 games on Christmas day. so that means 10 teams.

    pacer4ever, if the Hornets get a Christmas day game I'll send you a thousand dollars

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,757

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have had up to 5 games on Christmas day. so that means 10 teams.

    pacer4ever, if the Hornets get a Christmas day game I'll send you a thousand dollars
    You might lose that bet. I know you don't watch college basketball, but the Hornets will be on TV some because of Anthony Davis. If they have 5 games, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics played the Hornets at New Orleans at 8:00. Doc coaching against his son, plus Anthony Davis testing himself against Kevin Garnett.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to shags For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by shags View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You might lose that bet. I know you don't watch college basketball, but the Hornets will be on TV some because of Anthony Davis. If they have 5 games, I wouldn't be surprised if the Celtics played the Hornets at New Orleans at 8:00. Doc coaching against his son, plus Anthony Davis testing himself against Kevin Garnett.

    You are correct I don't watch college ball. But I follow sports in general and think I have a decent idea of who will be a media star and who will be a TV draw and I'd be shocked if Davis is either. He might turn out to be a several time Allstar and a winning player, but I don't think he's a star - at least not coming out of college.

  16. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are correct I don't watch college ball. But I follow sports in general and think I have a decent idea of who will be a media star and who will be a TV draw and I'd be shocked if Davis is either. He might turn out to be a several time Allstar and a winning player, but I don't think he's a star - at least not coming out of college.
    Wait you don't think Davis will draw?? Strongly disagree he will be one of the most watched slashed hyped rookies in ages. Did the Blazers play on Christmas when Oden was a rookie? I don't know if they get a Christmas day game but I'm almost 100% his debut will be on national TV. Oden is the last rookie who had Davis type upside as a big man their schedule would be a good comp both in a smaller market.

  17. #13
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait you don't think Davis will draw?? Strongly disagree he will be one of the most watched slashed hyped rookies in ages. Did the Blazers play on Christmas when Oden was a rookie? I don't know if they get a Christmas day game but I'm almost 100% his debut will be on national TV. Oden is the last rookie who had Davis type upside as a big man their schedule would be a good comp both in a smaller market.

    The last big man who was a draw was Shaq. But in general big men are not popular, the casual fan doesn't want to see a funamental post up play where the big guy gets the ball and shoots a jump hook. That is boring to most casual fans. They would rather watch threes, dunks, speed, fast-breaks. Big men don't excite people.

    I am not discussing whether david will be a great player or not - I have no idea. But I don't sense the hype and I'm just saying that big men are not TV draws

  18. #14
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait you don't think Davis will draw?? Strongly disagree he will be one of the most watched slashed hyped rookies in ages. Did the Blazers play on Christmas when Oden was a rookie? I don't know if they get a Christmas day game but I'm almost 100% his debut will be on national TV. Oden is the last rookie who had Davis type upside as a big man their schedule would be a good comp both in a smaller market.

    2 national TV games, both on ESPN, tells me the NBA doesn't think he's a big draw

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  20. #15
    Member pathil275's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    411

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Easy start, Miami at home twice, some nationally televised games at home. I'll take it.

  21. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have had up to 5 games on Christmas day. so that means 10 teams.

    pacer4ever, if the Hornets get a Christmas day game I'll send you a thousand dollars
    You misread I said the Hornets have a better chance than the Pacers of getting a Christmas day game. I dont think they get one unless it's like the 10:30 pm game when you normally dont see a good matchup.

    If I had to put a numer 5% Hornets get one


    .000009% Pacers get one.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to pacer4ever For This Useful Post:


  23. #17
    The evolution continues neosmndrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Carmel, IN/Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    441

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You misread I said the Hornets have a better chance than the Pacers of getting a Christmas day game. I dont think they get one unless it's like the 10:30 pm game when you normally dont see a good matchup.

    If I had to put a numer 5% Hornets get one


    .000009% Pacers get one.
    John Wall, who had just as much hype if not more than Davis, had maybe one nat'l televised game his rookie year?

    I think the Pacers have a better chance.


    Carmel HS Class of 2011

  24. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by neosmndrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John Wall, who had just as much hype if not more than Davis, had maybe one nat'l televised game his rookie year?

    I think the Pacers have a better chance.
    Wall vs Davis hype isn't even comparable IMO. Wall wasn't near the player Davis was coming out. Wall can't change a game like Davis

  25. #19
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I can see the league also playing up a few "superstars against their old teams" angles for Christmas Day. Lakers/Suns or Heat/Celtics for example. I'm just looking forward to a decompressed schedule this year!!

  26. #20

  27. #21
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Here are a few leaks

    http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...ased-thursday/

    Two teams that have combined for a single playoff victory over the past five seasons will meet during the opening week of the NBA season.

    The Brooklyn (nťe New Jersey) Nets will host the New York Knicks on TNT Thursday, November 1, according to Newsday. The game would mark the Nets’ first appearance on national television since April 2011, and the team’s first home game on national TV since the 2007 playoffs.
    Knicks/Nets is one of several possible games that have been leaked to the media in recent days. The South-Florida Sun Sentinel reported earlier this week that the Heat would host the Celtics on Opening Night and play the Thunder on Christmas Day.
    The full 2012-13 NBA regular season schedule will be released Thursday night. As has become routine, NBA TV will televise a schedule release show at 7 PM ET.
    (Wednesday’s news from Newsday via SBNation.com; additional news from Turner Sports)
    Related

    Nets Will Reportedly Face Knicks in Home Opener; Full NBA Schedule to Be Released Thursday




  28. #22
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsmediawatch
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two teams that have combined for a single playoff victory over the past five seasons will meet during the opening week of the NBA season.
    All teams with wins in the playoffs will have national television appearances except for one as-yet unnamed team.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  30. #23
    Eating some cranbaisins The Sleeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    835

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All teams with wins in the playoffs will have national television appearances except for one as-yet unnamed team.
    I have a feeling that would be the Orlando Magic. When they made the schedule they probably figured Dwight would be gone.

  31. #24
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,650

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sleeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling that would be the Orlando Magic. When they made the schedule they probably figured Dwight would be gone.
    Well, no, that wasn't a quote, that was my addition. It is my subtle way of foreshadowing that there will be no Pacers national games except maybe an NBATV appearance.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  33. #25
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,978

    Default Re: 2012-13 Season schedule announced today 7PM

    Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, no, that wasn't a quote, that was my addition. It is my subtle way of foreshadowing that there will be no Pacers national games except maybe an NBATV appearance.
    There will be at least 5 on a combination of ESPN/ABC and TNT. Doubtful we'll get any ABC games. I will predict two TNT games and 6 ESPN games. So 8 total.

    We had a thread about this topic a month or two ago and I think it was suggested the Grizzlies were a good guide. In the 2011 playoffs they made it to the second round of the playoffs, they are a small market and have no star players - or at least not marketable players on a national scale. I forget how many national games the Grizzlies had last season

Similar Threads

  1. NBA Schedule Announced Tonight
    By Lance George in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
  2. '06 Schedule announced
    By Mushmouth in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
  3. If David Stern announced tomorrow..
    By Dr Huxtable in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 10:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •