Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to worry. When you watch this years team, it will be worse......
    I don't think the Colts will be very good. But to say the Colts will be worse this year than last is either trolling or proof of retardation.

And you've been pretty consistent in your proclamation against being a troll.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    I don't think the Colts will be very good. But to say the Colts will be worse this year than last is either trolling or proof of retardation.

And you've been pretty consistent in your proclamation against being a troll.
    Given that he claims he's not a troll, I think we can go with retardation

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    You seriously don't get it, do you? The Colts are REBUILDING. You keep saying, "look, they're predicting the Broncos to be better than Indy" and "RG3 is predicted to have a better rookie season" ---- DUH man. Big fat hairy DUH. THose teams are not rebuilding. You seem upset that Indy decided to rebuild, which is sort of knowingly conceeding that you'll have a few poor seasons, with the objective that down the road you are in a better position to succeed than if you had not rebuilt from scratch

You do understand that concept right?

Of course the Broncos are projected to be in the playoffs --- they were a playoff team last year without Manning, and they just got a lot better at the QB position and they are NOT REBUILDING.

And as has been stated a million times before and you seem to be conveniently forgetting --- the 'Skins have a better team than Indy. Indy went 2-14 last year and then gutted their entire team and have like 26 rookies and another 57 guys who've never played in a regular season game. Luck has a lot more to overcome to throw up the stats that RG3 will likely throw up. RG3 has a lot more weapons around him that have some experience. The only experienced guy for Luck is Wayne. The rest are rookies or guys who don't have a lot of experience. So put "RG3 will have better stats" combined with "Skins will likely have a better record" and you get "RG3 is probly gonna Rookie of the Year". That does not mean he was the best long-term choice or the better player.

I feel like we're just repeating this over and over to you and it's not sinking in at all.

And the Colts themselves refuse to use the term rebuilding, but that is exactly what it is. It's a rebuild. That said, I don't think we'll be as bad as last year... but we will not be as good as Denver this year. Come back in 3-4 years and ask again. And Washington? Well, I wish I could say they will be better than Indy this year, but reality is, it's Washington we're talking about, who knows how that'll shake out.
    Carolina was rebuilding when they brought in Cam Newton and people predicted he would be the Rookie of the Year and he was. What is the difference with Luck? The difference is RGIII. Even Chappel from the Star voted for RGIII......... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    Given that he claims he's not a troll, I think we can go with retardation
    I'll just keep posting what people around the country are saying about the Colts and it ain't pretty...... ...

I'll just keep posting what people around the country are saying about the Colts and it ain't pretty...... ...
    It may not be pretty but neither Luck nor RGIII has thrown a pass or done anything yet so arguing that RG will be better isn't worth spit. You seem to take the predictions as if the are psychic truths. If RGIII is so much better than Luck why was he chosen second?

What everyone knows is that no one knows who will have a better career. it's a crapshoot.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    It may not be pretty but neither Luck nor RGIII has thrown a pass or done anything yet so arguing that RG will be better isn't worth spit. You seem to take the predictions as if the are psychic truths. If RGIII is so much better than Luck why was he chosen second?

What everyone knows is that no one knows who will have a better career. it's a crapshoot.
    Because Irsay and the Colts are idiots? Why would any right thinking team draft a franchise QB before they have an offensive line to protect him? I have been in the Washington area and I have listened to the talking heads on sports radio ther and there is NO way, they would trade RGIII for Luck. Now part of that is because his skill set suits the Redskins and their coaches style.......

Because Irsay and the Colts are idiots? Why would any right thinking team draft a franchise QB before they have an offensive line to protect him? I have been in the Washington area and I have listened to the talking heads on sports radio ther and there is NO way, they would trade RGIII for Luck. Now part of that is because his skill set suits the Redskins and their coaches style.......
    What are you talking about? EVERY team would draft a franchise QB if available. They don't grow on trees....
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suaveness For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Mood

[QUOTE=Suaveness;1488705]What are you talking about? EVERY team would draft a franchise QB if available. They don't grow on trees....[/QUOTE

And many get run out of the league or ruined because they got the cart before the horse. There is a franchise QB every year. This year there were two of them. If Luck gets sacked 30+ times and think that is probable, he may either have a serious injury or just the trauma of running for your life on every play will get to him. I look for Luck to have a very tough year. If he survives it, he can look forward to two or three more of them before the Colts put together an offensive line and a defense that will take them out of passing mode once in a while......

I think Vick Ballard will win the starting job halfway through year

Luck's ability (or not) to make quick decisions and get rid of the ball will factor into 'how good the line is'. If Luck holds the ball too long, gets happy feet, etc etc etc then he won't be doing the line any favors. But I don't think the Colts, or any team, would not shore up a porous pass blocking line at any and every opportunity, especially with a star potential QB taking the snaps... even if it means run blocking suffers.

They might have a few whiffs over the course of Luck's career but it won't be for lack of effort. IMHO they absolutely won't overlook the position or try and cheap out on it. They will give Luck every opportunity to shine. History says maybe too much.

It's hard to me to see how they'd treat Luck differently than Manning except to reconsider team balance and concept, something that got lost along the way in Manning's Colt era.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

I'm yet to see anyone around the country that thinks the Colts will be bad for 5 years and very few think Luck was the wrong choice.

Most of the media thinks that the Colts will be subpar this year (like the majority of posters here) but not worse than last year like you think.

So, no you are NOT posting what most sane people around the country are posting about the Colts. nice try though.

It's funny that people act like there weren't plenty of bumps along the road in the early part of Peyton's career.

3-13 rookie season. He was excellent in years 2 and 3, but then had an awful fourth year. Anyone else remember the awful 2001 season when Peyton threw 26 TDs/23 picks with the Colts going 6-10? That was the Jim Mora "playoffs" year. He was a lot better in 02, but we got slaughtered 41-0 by the Jets in the playoffs. We didn't win a playoff game until Peyton's sixth season here.

I'll wager right now that Luck wins a playoff game by the end of his 5th season.

OlBlu, since you value "experts" so much, here is one that thinks Luck will have a better rookie season than RG3. It's Clark Judge from cbsportsline.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...e-high-manning

2. Who has more immediate success -- Andrew Luck or RG3?

Andrew Luck is the more ready of the two to step in and take over a pro huddle. He was trained in a pro-style offense at Stanford, and he thrived in it. But he doesn't have the experience around him that Griffin does in Washington. Nor does he have a head coach like Mike Shanahan, who loves to develop young quarterbacks. Still, I say Luck has more immediate success for two reasons: 1) His background in a pro-style offense and 2) the schedule. Five of Washington's first eight opponents are playoff teams, including the defending Super Bowl champions, and three of Griffin's first four starts are on the road. Now compare that to what's ahead for Luck: Three of his first four games are at home and only one of the Colts' first nine opponents made last year's playoffs -- with only two of those nine producing winning records. Then there's this: Luck's favorite receiver at Stanford, tight end Coby Fleener, is one of his targets in Indianapolis. If you're looking for the early edge -- and we are -- Luck has it.

This is what I have been saying all along. The Colts have an absurdly easy schedule compared to the Redskins. Give me the Texans, Titans, and Jaguars any day over the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles. The Giants feel like people view them as somewhat as a fluke because they only went 9-7 last year, so they want to show the NFL word that they can put together a complete dominant season. The Cowboys and Eagles are both extremely talented teams with chips on their shoulder from missing the playoffs last year. They will be out for blood.

All three of those teams will make life unpleasant for RG3.
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-29-2012 at 12:46 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:

Mood

I hope you are right and Donald has a good season. I see it as running back by committee. If Donald seperates himself from the pack and gets 3-4 yards average, I see him doing well. If he dips to below 3 ypc I see him sitting on the bench or cut. We have a lot of youth and competition at the RB spot should be interesting this training camp. If he can also correct his pass blocking and catching the ball when running screens I will be pleasently surprised. We may not be flashy this year but I see a lot of running the ball this year along with shorter passes and quick releases to protect our rookie QB.

Banned
    Mood

I'm yet to see anyone around the country that thinks the Colts will be bad for 5 years and very few think Luck was the wrong choice.

Most of the media thinks that the Colts will be subpar this year (like the majority of posters here) but not worse than last year like you think.

So, no you are NOT posting what most sane people around the country are posting about the Colts. nice try though.
    Actually, I am. Most predictions I have read have the Colts with the worst record in the NFL again and a couple predict they will have that record three years in a row. Then we will see if the FO can make good number one picks or I guess trade down if another franchise QB comes up and one will every year......

Actually, I am. Most predictions I have read have the Colts with the worst record in the NFL again and a couple predict they will have that record three years in a row. Then we will see if the FO can make good number one picks or I guess trade down if another franchise QB comes up and one will every year......
    give me one link to a media person that says the colts will be bad for 3 years. Blogs don't count.

Even if you could find 1, you're still in the vast minority.

Banned
    Mood

give me one link to a media person that says the colts will be bad for 3 years. Blogs don't count.

They have been out everywhere, what are you reading. Even Mel Kipper Jr. thinks they will be a threat to be the first team to have three number one picks in a row. Do your own research.....

Banned
    Mood

My personal opinion is that the over/under for wins over three years is about ten......

They have been out everywhere, what are you reading. Even Mel Kipper Jr. thinks they will be a threat to be the first team to have three number one picks in a row. Do your own research.....
    Is this the same Mel Kiper Jr. who said that everyone agrees that Luck is a can't miss QB and should be the first pick on everyone's list?

Do my own research? you're the one trying to claim people agree with you.

I'm of the opinion that you're full of it.

Banned
    Mood

Is this the same Mel Kiper Jr. who said that everyone agrees that Luck is a can't miss QB and should be the first pick on everyone's list?
    Yes, it is.....

Banned
    Mood

Do my own research? you're the one trying to claim people agree with you.

I'm of the opinion that you're full of it.

I have already posted several of these comments in different threads here...... If you read something besides Colts rah rah, you will find a lot of it....

Yes, it is.....
    So when it comes to Kiper saying Luck is worthy of the first pick and is can't miss his opinion is not worth as much as your host of unnamed sources who think he's ****. I get it.

Banned
    Mood

So when it comes to Kiper saying Luck is worthy of the first pick and is can't miss his opinion is not worth as much as your host of unnamed sources who think he's ****. I get it.
    I have never said anyone thinks he is ****. I was saying that they think the Colts will set a new NFL record by winning the number one pick three years in a row. I think Luck is very good. I just happen to think RGIII will be a whole lot better but either one is only 50/50 to amount to anything.....

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

I have never said anyone thinks he is ****. I was saying that they think the Colts will set a new NFL record by winning the number one pick three years in a row. I think Luck is very good. I just happen to think RGIII will be a whole lot better but either one is only 50/50 to amount to anything.....

Dude....SHIFT+T+DINNER ROLL-DINNER=YOU

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Major Cold View Post
    Dude....SHIFT+T+DINNER ROLL-DINNER=YOU
    Hey! ... .