Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53

Thread: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

  1. #1

    Default Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I can just feel it. I saw glimpses of it last year. His numbers were pretty damn good. 4.9 ypc is fantastic . He's got gamebreaking stuff. He showed it last year. I think he'll put up 1300/ 10 td's.

  2. #2
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I kind of disagree... I think the colts will be floundering to find an answer at RB and will probably end up starting Mawelde Moore before the end of the season

  3. #3
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I think DB's issue has always been staying healthy. I agree, if he stays healthy, he's a decent back.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  4. #4
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,399
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I know one thing, he will get EVERY opportunity to have a great season. I'm not yet convinced he has it in him but I really hope he proves me wrong.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I just hope he stops forgetting that he does have to pass block occassionally.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope he stops forgetting that he does have to pass block occassionally.
    "God damn it, Donald!!!"

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  10. #7

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    It all depends on the offensive line. Running back is an overrated position. If Ijalana, Castonzo, Justice (ugh), Satele, and the other guys block well he'll do great. If not he'll be cut.

  11. #8
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year




    Lets hope for more of this!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    Member thewholefnshow31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,391

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    I would just like to see him be consistently solid for a change. He is so frustrating because at times you see him be great and then other times he looks like he doesn't even belong on the field. I hope he has been working on pass blocking all offseason because god knows he is terrible at that.

    He will need to have a good year with a rookie QB. The inconsistency could really kill us because the best friends for a rookie QB is a running game and a TE. Sadly we have big question marks in both areas.

  14. #10
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    With Luck in his first season, Brown will be utilized a lot.

    Also, with Addai gone, he's the primary back. I think he'll have a better and more consistent season.

  15. #11
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Donald Brown will be awful this year behind our oline. Not only will he fail miserably trying to block for Luck but he's going to get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage whenever he tries to run. I just don't see him doing much of anything over the next 8 years or so. The Colts should have kept Addai as he is the best blocking back in the league.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Swingman For This Useful Post:


  17. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Foul on Smits View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can just feel it. I saw glimpses of it last year. His numbers were pretty damn good. 4.9 ypc is fantastic . He's got gamebreaking stuff. He showed it last year. I think he'll put up 1300/ 10 td's.
    Brown will be awful behind this line and they can't play him in passing situations because he couldn't block your mother and Luck would be toast..... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donald Brown will be awful this year behind our oline. Not only will he fail miserably trying to block for Luck but he's going to get stuffed behind the line of scrimmage whenever he tries to run. I just don't see him doing much of anything over the next 8 years or so. The Colts should have kept Addai as he is the best blocking back in the league.
    I'm not sure about Addai and the money he would have wanted. But you are right, he would have served as protection for Luck....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  19. #14
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure about Addai and the money he would have wanted. But you are right, he would have served as protection for Luck....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Aren't you always preaching market value to us? If Garcon got the contract that he received, then he must be "that good"? So if Addai has been cut by both the Patriots and the Colts, then isn't he..... "that good"?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  20. #15
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Seriously I don't understand how some are upset at letting Garcon go. We got Wayne, our best receiver for something like 3 years/18M and Garcon got 5 years/43M. I'm no expert but the best receiver getting ~6M/year and a number 2 getting 8.6M/year doesn't make sense. I would love to have kept him here, but for that money, good freaking riddance.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #16
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,661

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just hope he stops forgetting that he does have to pass block occassionally.
    Brown grew into a pretty damn solid blocker last year.

    http://www.coltsauthority.com/2012-a...-all-time.html

    Far as his running, Brown's sort of Reggae Bush-lite, he needs to bounce it off the edge and make guys miss in space, and he's pretty good at that. The problem was Ryan Diem was our RT last year. I assume Winston Justice'll take his spot. Justice is basically just average, but that's a significant upgrade over what Diem became the last 2/3 years or so.
    Last edited by Heisenberg; 07-26-2012 at 02:26 AM.

  22. #17
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,358

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brown grew into a pretty damn solid blocker last year.
    He may have improved last year but it's pretty hard for me to take much of anything from last year. I've mostly tried to block the whole season from my memory.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to BRushWithDeath For This Useful Post:


  24. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He may have improved last year but it's pretty hard for me to take much of anything from last year. I've mostly tried to block the whole season from my memory.
    Not to worry. When you watch this years team, it will be worse......

  25. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brown grew into a pretty damn solid blocker last year.

    http://www.coltsauthority.com/2012-a...-all-time.html

    Far as his running, Brown's sort of Reggae Bush-lite, he needs to bounce it off the edge and make guys miss in space, and he's pretty good at that. The problem was Ryan Diem was our RT last year. I assume Winston Justice'll take his spot. Justice is basically just average, but that's a significant upgrade over what Diem became the last 2/3 years or so.

    I didn't see his blocking improve. I saw blitzing linebackers run over him like a locamotive. He didn't offer even token resistance......

  26. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seriously I don't understand how some are upset at letting Garcon go. We got Wayne, our best receiver for something like 3 years/18M and Garcon got 5 years/43M. I'm no expert but the best receiver getting ~6M/year and a number 2 getting 8.6M/year doesn't make sense. I would love to have kept him here, but for that money, good freaking riddance.
    The money each got speakes for itself. Wayne is over the hill and Garcon` is still getting better. Garcon` will leave him in the dust this year and from what I saw, he was the number once receiver last year. Wayne had slightly better numbers but that was due to Garcon` being injured for a bit. In the games, it seemed like Painter couldn't even find Wayne but he sure saw Garcon` open.

  27. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aren't you always preaching market value to us? If Garcon got the contract that he received, then he must be "that good"? So if Addai has been cut by both the Patriots and the Colts, then isn't he..... "that good"?
    Addai was cut because he was injured and didn't pass the physical. It had nothing to do with how good he is. When he is healthy, someone will pick up a very good running back. The Colts cutting him doesn't mean anything. They cut everyone and replaced them with low budget castoffs to put more money in Irsay's pocket. Luck will pay the price for that getting hammered in the backfield....

  28. #22
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    If he didn't pass a physical for NE, how would he pass it for Indy? And therefore do any pass-blocking for Luck? Illogical, dude!
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  29. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he didn't pass a physical for NE, how would he pass it for Indy? And therefore do any pass-blocking for Luck? Illogical, dude!
    I agree with you if he was injured. I was talking about a healthy Addai and I had not read anything that indicated he was not healthy. I'm not sure it made any sense financially to bring him back to the Colts if was healthy. They are going to stink with or without him as they would with any running back in the NFL. They have no offensive line and the defense is going to give up 30 points per game and keep them in passing situations just about all of the time. So, the running backs won't get much work except to block.

    USA Today has its AFC preview out today and the eight experts all have the Brocos in the playoffs either by winning the division or with the wild card. I thought it was interesting that the majority pick for offensive rookie of the year was RGIII and the other votes going to the highly drafted running back. Not one vote or mention of Luck. I just want to remind you all that Cam Newton came to a team that was just about as bad as the Colts and was rookie of the year and set passing records for a rookie. Why no love for Luck in this poll? He wasn't even mentioned. If he is the "All World" QB everyone hear claims, why wouldn't he do what what Newton did last year? I agree with them and I think RGIII will put enough distance between them stat wise over his first five years that Luck will never catch up. It will be hard for Luck to throw when he is under constant pressure from a leaky offensive line and running backs that can't pick off blitzing linebackers.... It is going to be very long season for Luck and he is going to be severely beaten up. I look forward to seeing how it all works out or does not work out. I am prepared and eager to dine on lots of crow if he does as well as some here predict......

  30. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    Rotoworld cited an interesting stat: His 2011 yards-per-carry average of 4.81 drops to 4.25 if you exclude one run -- the 80-yard touchdown in Week 15 against the Titans. That said, I still think he can have a good year, so long as the O-line just its job.

  31. #25
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Donald Brown is going to have a huge season this year

    You seriously don't get it, do you? The Colts are REBUILDING. You keep saying, "look, they're predicting the Broncos to be better than Indy" and "RG3 is predicted to have a better rookie season" ---- DUH man. Big fat hairy DUH. THose teams are not rebuilding. You seem upset that Indy decided to rebuild, which is sort of knowingly conceeding that you'll have a few poor seasons, with the objective that down the road you are in a better position to succeed than if you had not rebuilt from scratch

    You do understand that concept right?

    Of course the Broncos are projected to be in the playoffs --- they were a playoff team last year without Manning, and they just got a lot better at the QB position and they are NOT REBUILDING.

    And as has been stated a million times before and you seem to be conveniently forgetting --- the 'Skins have a better team than Indy. Indy went 2-14 last year and then gutted their entire team and have like 26 rookies and another 57 guys who've never played in a regular season game. Luck has a lot more to overcome to throw up the stats that RG3 will likely throw up. RG3 has a lot more weapons around him that have some experience. The only experienced guy for Luck is Wayne. The rest are rookies or guys who don't have a lot of experience. So put "RG3 will have better stats" combined with "Skins will likely have a better record" and you get "RG3 is probly gonna Rookie of the Year". That does not mean he was the best long-term choice or the better player.

    I feel like we're just repeating this over and over to you and it's not sinking in at all.

    And the Colts themselves refuse to use the term rebuilding, but that is exactly what it is. It's a rebuild. That said, I don't think we'll be as bad as last year... but we will not be as good as Denver this year. Come back in 3-4 years and ask again. And Washington? Well, I wish I could say they will be better than Indy this year, but reality is, it's Washington we're talking about, who knows how that'll shake out.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 07-26-2012 at 11:10 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. DONALD BROWN AUTOGRAPHED JERSEY FOR SALE
    By thatch3232 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 08:08 PM
  2. Peyton yells at donald brown
    By Pacergeek in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 10:34 AM
  3. Mike Brown - coach of the year
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 03:52 PM
  5. Donald Strickland Out for the Year
    By RA231 in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 09:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •