View Poll Results: Where do you want the next party to be?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill S in Brownsburg

    6 25.00%
  • Jose Slaughter in Lawrence

    8 33.33%
  • Either

    8 33.33%
  • Other

    2 8.33%
Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Pacers Digest Party Location

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Pacers Digest Party Location

    October 13th is the date of the next Pacers Digest Party.

    We're attempting to determine which location works best for the most people.

    Where would you like the next party to be?

    In the poll I mistakenly listed Bill S as living in Brownsburg... it should be Danville!

    If you select "other", please post your choice.

    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Jose Slaughter; 07-25-2012 at 02:40 AM.

  2. #2
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Either is fine, but since I'm coming from the east, it would be nice not to have as much of a drive.

  3. #3
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    It's about the same distance/time to each place (~60miles, ~75mins), so either one really works for me. Who's the better caterer? Do either have a pool? Whose grill is bigger? Wait, who's the bigger Pacers fan?? That's the real question.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  4. #4
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Um, Bill lives in Danville.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um, Bill lives in Danville.
    can my brain fart be corrected?

  6. #6
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,641

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    can my brain fart be corrected?
    Sadly not that I know of.

    I can delete the thread and you can start new if you want or if you want.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Lets leave it the way it is.

    Apologys to Bill too

  8. #8
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,632

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    No pool.

    I have two grills.

    I have a dog who loves Uncle Buck.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  9. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    I can only make it to Lawrence, so I voted JS.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #10
    MVP kielbeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    INDIANA
    Posts
    873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    I voted BillS but then I started to think maybe I should have voted other.
    We could have the party at oleblu's house because it can come to us.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by kielbeze View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted BillS but then I started to think maybe I should have voted other.
    We could have the party at oleblu's house because it can come to us.
    The real problem is that OlBlu woudl be there and, well...you know.

  12. #12
    Gold Stagger Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,527
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    How about an actual restaurant, like in the past.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    I wanted to give this a little bump with still about a week to go for the poll question.

    I checked out Rock Bottom that was suggested in the other thread. From what I gathered from their web site, it just didn't seem like it would work for our group.

    Not really 100% opposed to having it at a restaurant but finding the right place will be a challenge. We've tried several different locations in the past and if anyone has a place they think would work for us, I'd be happy to offer it up for the masses.

  14. #14
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    I think this was asked and answered, but that was years ago and I don't remember anymore: Perkins does or does not allow one to reserve that side room where there's room for plenty of people and the doors can be closed? My favorite time was when we could start out with pizza at Briggsy's then when they needed to close up we'd go to Perkins for different eats/desert in another comfy enough place.

  15. #15
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,944

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    What about the board room at Scotty's Brewhouse? I'm sure he would be all about this.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  16. #16
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,632

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the board room at Scotty's Brewhouse? I'm sure he would be all about this.
    I think we checked it at one point and the cost + minimum was a bit outrageous.
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this was asked and answered, but that was years ago and I don't remember anymore: Perkins does or does not allow one to reserve that side room where there's room for plenty of people and the doors can be closed? My favorite time was when we could start out with pizza at Briggsy's then when they needed to close up we'd go to Perkins for different eats/desert in another comfy enough place.
    I'll check into it and get back to ya.

    When we were going from Pizza King to Perkins on a regular basis I always let Perkins know that we were bringing in a group and what time we'd be arriving. I don't think they ever promised to reserve that side room, but we did end up there a couple times, didn't we.

  18. #18
    woman without a team
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,055

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll check into it and get back to ya.

    When we were going from Pizza King to Perkins on a regular basis I always let Perkins know that we were bringing in a group and what time we'd be arriving. I don't think they ever promised to reserve that side room, but we did end up there a couple times, didn't we.
    We usually got the room, but there was one time they wouldn't let us have it and crammed us around one big table. Pretty sure I just sat there the whole time looking at the empty room and wondering why they wouldn't let us have it.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    The bw3s in Avon and plainfield both have delegate rooms.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IN
    Posts
    544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Separate rooms.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We usually got the room, but there was one time they wouldn't let us have it and crammed us around one big table. Pretty sure I just sat there the whole time looking at the empty room and wondering why they wouldn't let us have it.
    I told them we would be bringing in around 15.

    They couldn't say yes or no but I don't think they use that area unless they have to. With a group about that size I don't see them having an issue with it.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    4,624

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersCenter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bw3s in Avon and plainfield both have delegate rooms.
    Its looking like we'll be starting the party in Lawrence, on the NE side of Indy. That would be about 12 to 15 minutes from Perkins.

    I'll give a lot more details later but in the past we've met for pizza, talked for 4 or 5 hours, then re-grouped at Perkins for pie for a couple more hours.

  23. #23
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,521

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    This is probably a little to late for this as everyone seems to have everything figured out. But I'll just throw this out there if you all are interested.

    At both Fox and the Hound 82nd and Fox and the Hound carmel I can get a ton of tables reserved in any of their huge side rooms, and I can almost guarantee I can get free food for everyone. Fox and the Hound likes to encourage parties to come and they'll give out free food to encourage people to come in. I don't know if they'll give it out for anyone (though I bet if anyone called they'd probably do it) but since I do know all the management I can almost guarantee it. Can't promise it, but they've done it for me before. The East 82nd st Fox has three separate huge rooms available we could reserve for that specific saturday. I'm guessing they'd give us free pizza, wings and chips/salsa. The nice plus is Fox allows underage until 10PM at night so any younger boarders would have the ability to attend. It's not exclusive...

    If everyone is interested I'll call tomorrow and have it reserved for us.

    Edit- The last time I did this the cost was "please buy drinks =)". ( some would call that free, some would just say there is no such thing as a free lunch)
    Last edited by mattie; 08-05-2012 at 03:27 AM.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

  24. #24
    George Hill Apologist mattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,521

    Default Re: Pacers Digest Party Location

    The nice thing about the Fox locations is the TV's aren't loud if music is playing it is real soft so people can actually talk and enjoy eachother's company. Great for a group party.
    Find me on the internets @mattiecolin

    Read it and weep:

    When George Hill is above 15% usage we won 73.5% of games. Below 15% usage we won 61.9%

Similar Threads

  1. Pacers Digest Forum Party - 07.12.08 5:00 PM
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 07:27 AM
  2. The Final vote for forum party location
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
  3. Vote for the location of the July 12th forum party
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:06 PM
  4. Dates for Pacers Digest Forum Party 16
    By Jose Slaughter in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 01:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •