Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Comic Con-stellations

Sports Logo

Default Re: Comic Con-stellations

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What makes you like your favorite character/group/comic?
    Okay...joining late...but:

Favorite Character ( when I was younger ) - Cable ( hence my namesake )
    Favorite Character ( in recent years ) - Elijah Snow from Planetary
    Favorite Group - X-Men ( only cuz I grew up collecting them )
    Favorite Comic - Planetary and Kingdom Come
    Favorite Artist - Alex Ross, Jim Lee, Art Adams ( when I was growing up ) and Travis Charest ( google him, he's not super well known...but has a unique style )
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    If you have the time....check out Planetary by Warren Ellis. Although there was an overall 25 issue story-arc that tied everything together.....the vast majority of the issues were self-contained stories that fit into the entire story-arc. IMHO...I think that Ellis was writing the series so that it could easily be translated into a Television Series.
    Oh, I freaking ADORE Planetary. I even grabbed the spinoff series. Yeah, drop some of the self referential comic type stuff and focus on the four and it could make a kick butt TV series. Rare was it that a comic could keep my so off balance for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC
    Kids are just spoiled these days.....they can just click a button and charge a comic book to their parents Credit Card. I remember when it was fun to just drive to the Comic book store and spend up to an hour wandering around and reading the various comic books that came out.
    Yeah, it sounds funny to come across like an old fart, doesn't it. I am super into tech, multiple laptops, smartphones, etc, but some things I just can't get into. I hate the concept of a Kindle (NOTHING like actually holding a book in your hands, or browsing a bookstore, reading someone else's notes on the inside cover.) and I HATE the concept of digital comics. Yeah, I have some nostalgia tinting my view. We used to ride our bikes 4 miles to visit the first Comic Carnival, when it was on N. College ave. We were so excited, we couldn't pedal fast enough to get back to our house and dive into our weekly finds.

- Nemesis by Marvel ( Marvel's dark twist on Batman )
    I was a ridiculously voracious comic reader, but hadn't heard of Nemesis. Did some reading about the series. Looks REALLY interesting. While I was researching I found it's maybe going to be made into a movie with the guy who did The Gray directing. Speaking of which, The director, Joe Carnahan, did a "sizzle reel" in his pitch to do a new Daredevil movie. I think it was in order to show the tone of the movie he wanted, Scorcese meets Batman.

Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Sports Logo

What I loved about Planetary is

Spoiler Spoiler:

If any of you are looking for a new book to read and haven't picked up the TPB for the entire Planetary series...get it....trust me...its just great story telling.
    Last edited by CableKC; 08-27-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.