Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comic Con-stellations

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Comic Con-stellations

Just wondering if there was any other Comic fans out there. Just thought I'd create a thread for people to talk about New, old, up and coming comics. For the record, I'm mainly a DC Comics guy, but I do read a few Marvel as well.

My Comic subscriptions:

DC Comics (All are "The New 52")
    Batman
    Batman: The Dark Knight
    Batman Detective Comics
    Batman and Robin
    Batwoman
    Bat Girl
    Nightwing
    Action Comics: Superman
    Deathstroke

Image Comics:
    Hack/Slash
    The Walking Dead

Marvel:
    Avengers Vs. X-Men
    Amazing Spider-Man
    The Punisher
    First X-Men
    X-Men
    Hit-Girl
    Last edited by Constellations; 07-26-2012 at 03:29 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Constellations For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Comic Con-stellations

I read comics, but nearly as much as I wish I did. Writing a graduate thesis and working 50 hours a week (where I am doing nothing but reading and client analysis) will do that to you.

One series I am taking the time to read right now by DC is Dial H. Totally off the wall and weird, but it is completely unique and I really love it. The third issue came out this month.

I'm also really looking to the new talent doing Batman Detective Comics I think starting in October (or maybe January?).

I generally read Image/Vertigo stuff, right now reading Saucer Country (although I am lukewarm on it), Revival, Dancer, Secret History of DB Cooper, Manhattan Projects, some other stuff I can't think of at 6:45 in the morning.

Also reading some of the Before Watchmen stuff.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to idioteque For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I generally read a trade paperback of things I have heard are good afterwords, too much trouble sticking with them month to month. I really like Locke and Key (current with this one now), The Walking Dead (not current with that one), read the first Y the Last Man trade paper recently and really liked it so I'll probably be picking those up for a while.

Mood

I have not bought comics off the shelf/rack for many years now, but I'm interested in going back to read some trade paperbacks of the most beloved stories. I had a stretch where I did that around 2009, but I cooled off. I read Dark Knight Returns, Dark Knight Strikes Again, Killing Joke, Watchmen, and Long Halloween. I think that's it, but it's been a while.

When I was younger I would buy more Spider-Man paperbacks. Maximum Carnage, there was that had a few of the classic Green Goblin stories, one of them was a bundle of Spidey/X-Men crossovers, and I think one was called something like Marvel's Greatest Stories or something like that. I don't remember what was in that one except for a really good one where the Thing (from Fantastic Four) is picked to represent either our galaxy or our entire universe in a boxing match against some champion from another realm. Good stuff.

Let's see, I had another bundle of Spidey/Venom stories. I had one that was the arch where Spider-Man got the powers of Captain Universe. One with stories about the spider slayers robots. I think there was a Sinister Six one. I guess I had a lot of them in my teens.

I think I also had the first volume of Spider-Man bundles that were in black and white but contained like the first 30 or so issues of the original run. Wish it was in color, but it was still neat to read through them like that.

I was really into the X-Men starting around 9 years old, but that was primarily because of the great animated series that was running at the time. The comics were always ancillary to that. Ditto with Batman's show that came a bit earlier than that but was even more awesome.

Cool idea to have a comic book thread. I sold my last collection about 8-9 years ago. I still LOVE comics, but financially, it was getting to be too much. I had to cut bait and not look back. I still try and keep up with what's going on through Comic Book Resources and I enjoy comicbookgirl's take on things, but I miss reading recent books.

I've always been a huge DC guy and I'm REALLY old school. (It didn't hurt to have a buddy who ran a comic book store.) I had been collecting comics since the 70's. I've been gradually and slowly trying to collect trade paperbacks of my favorite series of all time, that can stand up to re-reads. See if any of you guys remember these series. I'm tracking down trades for these to compliment what I have already:

Zot
    Mage
    Miracleman
    Keith Giffin's Legion of Superheroes run
    Kingdom Come
    Elementals by Bill Willingham
    Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison
    The Authority
    Planetary
    Starman
    Animal Man
    Avengers and X-Men with Neal Adams
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Your all a bunch of nerds.

Ok, sadly that also makes me a nerd as well.

Unlike you heathens I am a Marvel man, the only DC I have ever soiled my hands with were the Marv Wolfman/George Perez New Teen Titans, Frank Millers Batman & I actually got the watchmen limited series way back in the day.

I am a lifelong avengers fan so in some ways you can imagine the thrill I am having seeing that be a very successful film. However it's not all peaches & cream, because comics are a business and not just an art the success has meant they are cancelling the very best animated comic of all-time (yes it was even better than the X-men & Spiderman which is hard to do) Avengers: Earths Mightiest Hero's so that it can be relaunched to look and feel more like the movie. I'm not sure why that is necessary but I guess it is and even more egregious to me they have cancelled or better yet rebranded one of my favorite comics The Thunderbolts into the Dark Avengers. Because like all comic company's do, they beat a brand into the ground. Soon I'm sure it will be Spiderman and the Dark Avengers or something like that.

Books I'm currently reading

Avengers
    Dark Avengers
    New Avengers (yes even I think this team is stupid)
    Red Hulk
    Xmen vs Avengers

I've had to cut way back on books I get a month because frankly I'm running out of room & some of the books were just losing their luster for me.

I have & I'm not kidding here, thousands of books. I've been collecting off & on since 1982 and in the mid to late 80's I got real serious about collecting so I went and got very old school books.

I have issues # 1 of the following & by # 1 I mean the 1960's not just the newer relaunches.

Daredevil
    Iron Man
    Silver Surfer
    Dr. Strange

I have issue # 2 of the Avengers and issue #6 of the Fantastic Four.

I need to sell all of them honestly but a couple of things always stop me, I don't know where to sell them that I don't get robbed blind on and well in the past its been hard to part with what was once such a big part of my life.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Scattered thoughts
    *I cannot express how pissed I am at them for ending Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Did you see the preview for next week? The Vision?? Hell yes!! He was one of my all time favorite, absolutely coolest heroes EVER!! Great origin and great character, till they started messing with him too much. I can't wait for next week's show.

*I kept up with the whole Red Hulk thing and I gotta say, I thought the storyline was brilliant......as opposed to my knowledge of this Phoenix Force crap that's going on right now. I admit, I haven't read the books, but it seems really dumb.

*As popular as Spidey is, I never was a big fan other than the Marvel Team-up days for sheer fun. I would only read him for stuff like Kraven's last Hunt. I also got sucked in for McFarlane's run on the book.

*Peck, you can appreciate this. I started reading comics when I was around 8. This was around 1971 or so. Our next door neighbor, and my parent's best friends, the male half of the couple, had a huge comic collection...even for back then. He trusted me enough to let me come over, sit in his basement and read book after book (covered in plastic). Imagine being that young and whetting your comic book appetite on EARLY Tales to Astonish, Hulk and Avengers. The couple moved away and over the years, my parents, of course lost touch. Some 40 years later, my parents reconnected with them, through happenstance. They came to visit my parents and I stopped in to see them. I told the guy, who's now almost 70, that he gave me one of the biggest gifts of my life in letting me read his comic books and trusting me. He instilled such a joy and love of comics in me that it lasted my whole life and I had a lot of good memories that resulted from my love of comics and I thanked him. He was really surprised that something so little meant so much to someone. But it did.

*Constellations-You'll have to forgive Peck. I keep hoping that someday he'll "get it" and come to the deep end DC side and stopped wallowing in the baby pool Marvel stuff, but he insists on wearing his water wings. We'll get him to come around eventually. BTW, what are your favorite 52 books? Watching from afar, I was pissed they rebooted stuff, but I guess it was time. Which ones do you like best? Court of Owls looks pretty good. Should I buy the Trade paperback?
    *Hicks/Sipdey/Captain Universe was the best!

*idioteque-Dial H looks REALLY interesting, from what I've read of it and illustrates why I had to quit collecting. My tastes are WAY to broad. That is something I would really like, but then I love mainstream superhero stuff, but then I loved Lov e and Rockets back in the day and Warren Ellis stuff.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by idioteque View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I read comics, but nearly as much as I wish I did. Writing a graduate thesis and working 50 hours a week (where I am doing nothing but reading and client analysis) will do that to you.

One series I am taking the time to read right now by DC is Dial H. Totally off the wall and weird, but it is completely unique and I really love it. The third issue came out this month.

I'm also really looking to the new talent doing Batman Detective Comics I think starting in October (or maybe January?).

I generally read Image/Vertigo stuff, right now reading Saucer Country (although I am lukewarm on it), Revival, Dancer, Secret History of DB Cooper, Manhattan Projects, some other stuff I can't think of at 6:45 in the morning.

Also reading some of the Before Watchmen stuff.
    I will tell you the Harman detective comics are fantastic. great buy and and read.

As big of a Spider-Man fan as I am, I have a hard time liking ASM since OMD neutered the guy. And the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is just awful. Joe Quesada needs to stay the hell away from Spider-Man.

Btw, Scarlet Spider is an excellent book for those who want a no-nonsense kind of Spider-Man. The new Venom book is also very dark and well-written.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:

I usually pick up the trade paperbacks. The only actual comic books I have are a few from the aftermath of the "Death of Superman" arc, and the entire 4 issue run of the A-Team (the only Marvel comics I own). My main forte though is Batman. I raid the local Half Price Books every couple weeks looking for Batman storylines that I don't already own (as least on the more gothic Batman stuff, I refuse to touch any of the campy Batman ****)
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

"And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    As big of a Spider-Man fan as I am, I have a hard time liking ASM since OMD neutered the guy. And the new Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is just awful. Joe Quesada needs to stay the hell away from Spider-Man.

Btw, Scarlet Spider is an excellent book for those who want a no-nonsense kind of Spider-Man. The new Venom book is also very dark and well-written.
    I'm actually currently reading Spider Man "Ultimate Comics". I'm actually enjoying it greatly

Ok to kick this thread into high gear let me as a question.

What makes you like your favorite character/group/comic?

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

I would have to say my favorite is batman just simply because you're the most believable

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    I would have to say my favorite is batman just simply because you're the most believable
    You know people always say that & I think that they just mean that he has no super powers so I get that.

But I've always wondered why people think Captain America is so out of this world unbelievable. With Steroids, Vitamins and even illicit drugs (like LSD or such) why would creating a super soldier be so far out of the question?

For that matter if you're looking for realism, it probably can't get much more real than the master of Kung Fu.

Which btw I have the entire first run of. There are some issues drawn by Michael Golden that are to die for and then there are some by Paul Smith down towards the end that were just as good.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

You know people always say that & I think that they just mean that he has no super powers so I get that.

But I've always wondered why people think Captain America is so out of this world unbelievable. With Steroids, Vitamins and even illicit drugs (like LSD or such) why would creating a super soldier be so far out of the question?
    I was on my phone earlier so I gave the shortest and quickest answer possible.

Batman is by far my favorite. I love the colorful characters, the writing, and the locations. The newer darker era of Batman is absolutely breathtaking to me. But again, I also follow all within Gotham such as Batman, Batman:The Dark Knight, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing, Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis version) Birds of Prey, etc. (All of listings are on my 1st post.) I just believe the characters have a good amount of depth and the villains are all so very interesting. Some of them are really out there believability wise, but still very entertaining.

Like I said, I'm mainly a DC guy, but I also follow a few IMAGE Comics such as Hack/Slash and The Walking Dead. I know people are painted with a very well executed TV show on AMC with "The Walking Dead", and as you can watch, you see the depth and story within it. TWD is just a Comic Art/Story at it' finest.

I'm not big on Marvel, but as you would guess, I love Kick *** and Hit-Girl. It's just one of the dark, depth, and fun comics to read. Of course I like X-Men pretty well. Spider Man is decent, and The Punisher is irresistible to me. And of course I have to give the Avengers their credit when it's due. On that point, if you're not already, I highly recommend the AVX series. (Avengers Vs. X-Men) Its just great comic fun. But again, I still feel as Marvel is too consistent with more....um...I don't want to say kiddyish, but, we will just say "Less Adult". But they indeed do have some interesting reads.

I have yet to venture into Dark Horse Comics. I just can't find the read that grabs my attention.

If I had to narrow down my favorites, we will say top 5 (as of right now) here we go:

Batman
    Batman Detective
    Nightwing
    Bat Girl
    Last edited by Constellations; 07-26-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellations View Post
    I was on my phone earlier so I gave the shortest and quickest answer possible.

Batman is by far my favorite. I love the colorful characters, the writing, and the locations. The newer darker era of Batman is absolutely breathtaking to me. But again, I also follow all within Gotham such as Batman, Batman:The Dark Knight, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing, Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis version) Birds of Prey, etc. (All of listings are on my 1st post.) I just believe the characters have a good amount of depth and the villains are all so very interesting. Some of them are really out there believability wise, but still very entertaining.

Like I said, I'm mainly a DC guy, but I also follow a few IMAGE Comics such as Hack/Slash and The Walking Dead. I know people are painted with a very well executed TV show on AMC with "The Walking Dead", and as you can watch, you see the depth and story within it. TWD is just a Comic Art/Story at it' finest.

I'm not big on Marvel, but as you would guess, I love Kick *** and Hit-Girl. It's just one of the dark, depth, and fun comics to read. Of course I like X-Men pretty well. Spider Man is decent, and The Punisher is irresistible to me. And of course I have to give the Avengers their credit when it's due. On that point, if you're not already, I highly recommend the AVX series. (Avengers Vs. X-Men) Its just great comic fun. But again, I still feel as Marvel is too consistent with more....um...I don't want to say kiddyish, but, we will just say "Less Adult". But they indeed do have some interesting reads.

I have yet to venture into Dark Horse Comics. I just can't find the read that grabs my attention.

If I had to narrow down my favorites, we will say top 5 (as of right now) here we go:

Batman
    Batman Detective
    Nightwing
    Bat Girl
    Wow it’s just so hard to read that from my point of view. I don't dispute it in this day and age but the biggest part of my Comic book life was formed during the 80's & 90's and believe me back in the 80's Batman is not what you have today as Batman.

In fact I tell anyone who will ever listen to me whether they are a fan of the Nolan movies or even the Burton movies or a fan of the books today you all need to get down on your knees and thank God for Frank Miller.

When Frank left Marvel after his breath taking run on Daredevil (if you haven't read his version from the mid 80's your are missing out on one of life's treats) he went over and totally recreated Batman with his Dark Knight books. He took a character that was as much camp in the comics as it was on the old 60's TV show and made it into what you guys know of today.

Back then DC had the very giant advantage of being owned by Warner Brothers so your movie & TV shows took off way before what Marvel did. In fact Marvel went bankrupt a couple of times in that period.

I mean the Punisher, Wolverine, Dethlock could never even pretend to exist in the DC universe back in the day because they went against the tenant of Good is Good and Evil is Evil. These guys were shades of grey.

But I freely admit that was back in the day, today I believe all comics are pretty much the same. They are deal with real life issues.

But for a long time Marvel person it's just hard to read that knowing that we were reading about drugs, race, rape, social injustice, etc. as far back as the early 70's.

I mean for God's sake Marvel had the first rape/homicide when Bullseye killed Electra, although obviously they couldn't depict it that way but read anything by Miller and he will tell you that is what it was.

You know what's funny is that while I have never had any love in my heart for DC characters I have always freely admitted that Superman is the greatest hero of all.

But the one thing Marvel has failed me miserably on and I mean it really p!sses me off that they do this, is that they no longer have dead is dead policy.

I mean for the love of God Captain Marvel died of Cancer and for almost 20 years they kept him dead but now if you die in the Marvel universe it's like you die in the DC universe. It's only for a period of time.

The Death of Captain America was handled brilliantly and sent shockwaves throughout the entire comic universe IMO, but his re-birth was done so poorly that it in fact took every thing away from his death.

Oh well, I don't mean to get on a soapbox over this. Everybody is entitled to what they like and I just have always been a Marvel guy, it doesn't mean they are better.

In fact I tell anyone who will ever listen to me whether they are a fan of the Nolan movies or even the Burton movies or a fan of the books today you all need to get down on your knees and thank God for Frank Miller.

When Frank left Marvel after his breath taking run on Daredevil (if you haven't read his version from the mid 80's your are missing out on one of life's treats) he went over and totally recreated Batman with his Dark Knight books. He took a character that was as much camp in the comics as it was on the old 60's TV show and made it into what you guys know of today.
    I'll amend that a bit and say you'd need to add an asterisk to mention Steve Englehart's Batman to that statement. His brief run of Detective Comics in the 70's set the tone and foundation for Miller, inho. Englehart was paired with artist Marshall Rogers (A freaking GOD in my book) and Terry Austin (Guy had some of the crispest inks). I really recommend any Batman fans to check those stories out. That was the first time Batman got really dark and mean.

Their vision of Batman inspired Batman:The animated series AND Burton's movie. Their run was so brief on Batman, that I don't think a lot of people are aware of what an impact they had on the Batman of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck

First of all, that question is WAY too huge for me. As soon as I think of one character, I think of another I like just as much. Same goes for a particular comic. As I reminisce, I have noticed a theme in my favorite stuff.

I love TEAM books. I love the interactions between the members and the chemistry of both personalities and powers. I think that's why the Avengers and Justice League have consistently been my favorite books. I'll throw old Legion of Superheroes in there, too. I was a huge X-men fan going way back, but I don't think they've done anything remotely interesting with them since Grant Morrison/Frank Quitely.

Ya know. The thing that lured me for a long time were creative teams. I can't say I have a favorite character because there are some many interpretations of the same character, but I can name one who has always been a favorite and doesn't get just due: Nightwing/Dick Grayson.

Constellations, I know I'm probably going to **** you off with this, but I find Dick Grayson.Nightwoing way more interesting than Batman. Now here me out.Batman for a long time became an archtype and there were some great stories with him in it, but there was no growth for him as a character. For a long time, he's been like Clint Eastwood in the Sergio Leone movies-cool to watch, but you don't really learn anything new about him. (Up until the Court of Owls storyline, where they finally gave him some growth as a character with his reaccessment of himself and his relationship with Gotham. Bravo!).

Nightwing has gone through such a slow maturation and growth process, all the while being an interesting, likable character. He's Batman with interpersonal skills and charisma. Look how great those stories are with him taking over as Batman and attempting to mentor Damien. Look at the way he switches gears and adapts to different situations, whether it's covering for Batman, running one of the various teams he's been leader of. Always been one of my favorite characters. What has always made me like Grayson is there was always a feeling that he was striving to not only become a better hero, but a better person. They don't go that with a lot of characters. Some characters get so overused, I find it hard to really get excited about them, in particular, two icons, Wolverine and Batman.

But going back to what I was saying about team books, LOVE them. The two books I always come/came back to over the decades were Avengers and Justice League. (Let me also throw in there I have always had a soft spot for the Justice Society.)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaut_Ech For This Useful Post:

I'll amend that a bit and say you'd need to add an asterisk to mention Steve Englehart's Batman to that statement. His brief run of Detective Comics in the 70's set the tone and foundation for Miller, inho. Englehart was paired with artist Marshall Rogers (A freaking GOD in my book) and Terry Austin (Guy had some of the crispest inks). I really recommend any Batman fans to check those stories out. That was the first time Batman got really dark and mean.

Their vision of Batman inspired Batman:The animated series AND Burton's movie. Their run was so brief on Batman, that I don't think a lot of people are aware of what an impact they had on the Batman of today.
    Scott do you know when Engleharts run was on batman? I didn't realize he did the book back in the 70's. I loved his Howard the Duck & The Man-Thing runs so I can only imagine that he did great things with the Caped Crusader.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with Burton's Batman being after his run on the book though. I watched an interview with Burton & he directly linked Millers The Dark Knight book for being the inspiration for the movie, but that doesn't mean that Frank didn't take some from Engelhart to begin with.

As to Terry Austin, simply the best inker in the business. His run on the X-Men with John Byrne to this day is some of the best art that has ever been produced.

I also like the inkings of Klaus Jansen & Bob Layton, but none of them hold a candle to Austin.

Now the next part I think your probably not going to like just from the way you described him but...

I've never heard of Marshall Rogers, was he a DC guy only or did he ever run over at Marvel. What works would you recommend me looking at for him? I'm always interested in pencillers.

Scott do you know when Engleharts run was on batman? I didn't realize he did the book back in the 70's. I loved his Howard the Duck & The Man-Thing runs so I can only imagine that he did great things with the Caped Crusader.

I'm not sure I 100% agree with Burton's Batman being after his run on the book though. I watched an interview with Burton & he directly linked Millers The Dark Knight book for being the inspiration for the movie, but that doesn't mean that Frank didn't take some from Engelhart to begin with.

As to Terry Austin, simply the best inker in the business. His run on the X-Men with John Byrne to this day is some of the best art that has ever been produced.

I also like the inkings of Klaus Jansen & Bob Layton, but none of them hold a candle to Austin.

Now the next part I think your probably not going to like just from the way you described him but...

I've never heard of Marshall Rogers, was he a DC guy only or did he ever run over at Marvel. What works would you recommend me looking at for him? I'm always interested in pencillers.
    Never heard of Marshall Rodgers?! LOL. Actually, not surprising. He did about a year on Silver Surfer (Don't ask me exactly when that was.) The major bulk of his stuff was DC, but he never got an extended run on any title. I know you didn't read DC, but he also did this great mini run on Mister Miracle, that I love to this day.

I never really cared for Jansen's inks. They always felt a bit...light, for me. (The inks I really hated were Al Milgrom's. Just didn't like his style. I know he's an icon for Marvel, b ut I felt like he would often overpower the penciller's style.)

I actually met Bob Layton for a few beers, way back when. I felt like screaming to the whole bar, "Do you have ANY idea who this guy is?"

Let me throw another question to dovetail on Peck's earlier one:

Name some of you favorite CURRENT comic book artists and why, if you can.

For me, I REALLY love John Cassadays' stuff. I first saw his stuff on that cool Union Jack miniseries from Marvel. When he showed up on X-Men, I was doing cartwheels.

Frank Quitely
    will make me look at anything he does. I really like guys with unique styles. (Just not Liefield unique. THAT guy irritated me) I think he's only doing covers now.

I found Olivier Coipel when he was doing Legion of Superheroes for DC, then I followed him to Thor, even though I was never a big Thor reader. I try to describe his style, but I can't. Just really appeals to me.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Just thought I would throw a comic news update out there. Marvel is releasing a new comic called avengers plus x men taking place after the aftermath of AVX.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Re-reading the Batman: The Court of Owls. On issue 3 currently.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

Obviously I still like my classic artist but to answer Scott's question about today's I'll say that I love

Gary Frank, his art on the Hulk series was as good as anyone has ever done & his take on the Squadron Supreme was breath taking.

I like artist who are crisp and clear, I'm not much into abstract so the artist over the years that I tend to gravitate to are the onew who have bold pencils that have clearly defined characters.

However when I am looking for something different I really enjoy the pencils of Mike Deodato. I like the way he tells a story with his artwork.

I also kind of like Mike McKone although not enough that I would follow him to another book.

Ed McGuinness is another artist that I really like as well.

But as to all time favorite artists it's a pretty large group and in no particular order.

George Perez
    John Byrne
    Neal Adams
    Paul Smith
    Barry Windsor-Smith
    Art Adams
    John Buscema
    Walt Simonson

and there are several others but that's a good start.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

is there a good comic store in Indy? Or somewhere close? Please help me out, because my Comic store here really sucks.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold

I get my stuff from Downtown Comics at 7301 West 10th Street.

They do an excellent job of collecting my books and keeping them till I get in to get them, which sometimes is a month or two. They have an in store subscription system that you don't have to pay any extra for. You just tell them what books you want and they pull them back & keep them for you till you get them.

They have some old books as well and are really good about getting you books you might want.

What side of town are you on?

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I get my stuff from Downtown Comics at 7301 West 10th Street.

They do an excellent job of collecting my books and keeping them till I get in to get them, which sometimes is a month or two. They have an in store subscription system that you don't have to pay any extra for. You just tell them what books you want and they pull them back & keep them for you till you get them.

They have some old books as well and are really good about getting you books you might want.

What side of town are you on?
    I live in Columbus.
    Follow me at @Bluejbgold