Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

Thread: More "throwbacks coming"

  1. #51
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Flo Jos = Glory Years

    Pinstripes = The Brawl

    Adidas = idiots

    Pinstripes = Pacers/Bulls 1998 and our one and only appearance in the NBA Finals in 2000 before anything else AFAIC.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  3. #52
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Grangers
    The Grangers, The Lean Years, The 'Reggie's Gone'-ers, The (botched?) Facelifts, The Not-Quite-Like-The-Modern Pistons...

  4. #53
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,015

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Grangers, The Lean Years, The 'Reggie's Gone'-ers, The (botched?) Facelifts, The Not-Quite-Like-The-Modern Pistons...
    Almost said the MurphLeavys, but I didn't want to be a downer

  5. #54
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,905

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Didn't JO help to design the current jerseys?

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eleazar For This Useful Post:


  7. #55
    STRAIGHT UP pizza guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    4,011
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I'm going with the Banana Suits for the current jerseys. Obviously we only wear the all-yellow unis occasionally, but they are definitely the ones that stand out. If not that, how about "the ones we wore in 2005 to 2012 but weren't distinctive enough to even get a name"?

    I vote for Banana Suits.
    BLUE COLLAR GOLD SWAGGER

    @The_Real_CJake

  8. #56

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I have a feeling we won't be talking a lot about these jersey when they're finally gone.

  9. #57
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling we won't be talking a lot about these jersey when they're finally gone.
    I agree. I like the lettering of "Indiana" and "Pacers" and that is about it. The rest of the jersey is awful.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #58

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. I like the lettering of "Indiana" and "Pacers" and that is about it. The rest of the jersey is awful.
    I don't even like the lettering. I think the jerseys might be the worst in the NBA. So boring.

  11. #59
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I don't mind our current home jerseys. I think the Blue Away jerseys are boring, and the Banana Suits are (obviously) bad luck.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  13. #60
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by PacersHomer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't even like the lettering. I think the jerseys might be the worst in the NBA. So boring.
    Personally, I think "boring" is a good thing given the jersey itself looks nice. The Celtics jerseys are my favorite in the NBA, because they are clean and simple looking. The same applies to the Germany jersey, with the trio of pinstripes in the colors of the flag

    As long as the jerseys aren't flamboyant and outrageous, like the US soccer "Where's Waldo?" jersey, I am usually ok with them.

    However, some of my favorite jerseys are outrageous, like the Jazz mountain jerseys and current Warriors jerseys.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  14. #61
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't JO help to design the current jerseys?
    I believe it was his friend that helped design it...

  15. #62
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    In the future, when I become President Obama's (or whoever's) "Uniform Czar", I'm going to institute a rule where every team has to go back to their jerseys from the 1993-1994 season.

  16. #63

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    New uniforms - if done correctly - cannot come soon enough.

    My hope is that the reason we won't be seeing them this coming season is because they are dedicated to getting them right, which I can live with. There's no excuse not to have new ones by 2013-2014 season though.

    And for the record, our current unis should forever be known as the Obies. They could even create an Obie award for the ugliest uniform in sports each year.

  17. #64
    Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    44
    Posts
    17,000

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I don't want the Flo-Jo's as an alternate jersey, I want the Flo-Jo's to come back as the primary jersey, with a more modern neck instead of the v-neck.

    But one of the reasons many of us like the Flo-Jo's was the simultaneous change from royal blue to navy and the removal of the hand from the ball in the logo. Both of which I prefer.

    The old low-def four color scoreboard at MSA has a semi-cool (for 1990, of course) graphic of the ball moving across the screen and then settling in the P of Pacers.

    Speaking of retro, they also had a much cooler graphic of Chuck Person firing basketballs out of a gun. Maybe with this team's recent decade of crime I shouldn't be such a fan of a guy named after The Rifleman?
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicagoJ For This Useful Post:


  19. #65
    Brian Mac_Daddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    University Heights
    Age
    27
    Posts
    569
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I think "boring" is a good thing given the jersey itself looks nice. The Celtics jerseys are my favorite in the NBA, because they are clean and simple looking. The same applies to the Germany jersey, with the trio of pinstripes in the colors of the flag

    As long as the jerseys aren't flamboyant and outrageous, like the US soccer "Where's Waldo?" jersey, I am usually ok with them.

    However, some of my favorite jerseys are outrageous, like the Jazz mountain jerseys and current Warriors jerseys.
    I'm glad Germany didn't have to wear their away green kits. I love the home one's though. I still like the 2010 World Cup ones better, though.


  20. #66
    Go Paytherth! rel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,821

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    hear me out on this one...what if...the reason they didn't bring back the flojos this season is because they'll permanently bring them back in 13-14 :P #dreaming

Similar Threads

  1. Tbird analysis: Coming thru at "winning time."
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 06:48 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 03:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •