Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: More "throwbacks coming"

  1. #1
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default More "throwbacks coming"

    Joe Loveless ‏@PacersCenter
    No flo joes. #fail #pacers RT @jeskeets: A bunch of teams are getting 1990′s throwbacks for next season http://po.st/W5in7h #TBJ

    Not a big fan of the Flo Jos myself, but as Joe said, looks like it will be pin stripes.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,800

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Y'know, TPTB have to know that a lot of fans want to see the Flo-Jos back as an alternate, which is why it's so weird that they keep ignoring them.

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Shade For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Hell yeah. Pin stripe time! Might have to get a PG24 pin stripe.

    Also, I cringe to think what our "Winter Court" jersey might look like.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  6. #4
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'know, TPTB have to know that a lot of fans want to see the Flo-Jos back as an alternate, which is why it's so weird that they keep ignoring the obvious.
    I wonder how much control TPTB have over alternate jerseys.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #5
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    OH YEAH!!! Back to my childhood jerseys! WHOO!!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  9. #6

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    HAIL THE MIGHTY PINSTRIPES!!

  10. #7
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    32,386

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Also, good Lord, I forgot how hideous the Jazz jerseys are from that era.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  11. #8
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, good Lord, I forgot how hideous the Jazz jerseys are from that era.
    Really? I love those! I might have to get a Hayward one if they use the mountain jerseys.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #9
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I hope that we just change our normal jerseys permanently.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BringJackBack For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member SycamoreKen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Age
    44
    Posts
    10,480

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    i like the Toronto and Houston Jerts. Cartoonish i know, but still cool.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to SycamoreKen For This Useful Post:


  16. #11
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,771

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    A Paul George pinstripe would be nice.

  17. #12
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,548

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Y'know, TPTB have to know that a lot of fans want to see the Flo-Jos back as an alternate, which is why it's so weird that they keep ignoring them.
    I asked about that after the Area 55 trip to the movies (yes, Area55ers have been holding out on y'all regarding the jersey news, Sorry!), I got the impression that they probably would not be able to. Maybe something to do with Flo-Jo's estate?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  18. #13
    Pop your balloon Hitman02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Would love to see the pin stripes back again even for just a few nights. Honestly, i wish they never went away in the first place.

    Does anyone know when we'll be getting a re-design?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitman02 For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,285
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would love to see the pin stripes back again even for just a few nights. Honestly, i wish they never went away in the first place.

    Does anyone know when we'll be getting a re-design?
    All of the past cycles have been 6-8 seasons, and I think this is the 8th season with the currents, so likely this season or next.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  21. #15
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,446
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All of the past cycles have been 6-8 seasons, and I think this is the 8th season with the currents, so likely this season or next.
    For what it is worth I like our current look now. I hope they stay with them for a while longer.

  22. #16
    Member rabid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    2,486

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    The pinstripes were still our actual uniforms just 7 years ago. Ah yes the olden days of 2005. Doesn't feel like much of a "throwback."

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rabid For This Useful Post:


  24. #17
    All Hail CJ Watson! Nuntius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Southern Europe
    Posts
    20,467

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, good Lord, I forgot how hideous the Jazz jerseys are from that era.
    I like them

  25. #18
    #RiseOfTheKing imbtyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nashville, IN
    Posts
    1,631
    Mood

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I don't remember really liking the pinstripe jerseys, but they are the ones I grew up with, and any additional jersey would be nice. I kind of wish they'd kept the retro jerseys from last year, or even gone with the Flo-Jos, but I'm not really picky. I actually moreso wish that they would adapt Ben Phillippe's "New Look Campaign":



    But oh well. It'll be cool to see George and Green in them.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

    Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.



  26. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,815

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Man I hate the pinstripes.

    In fact I pretty much hate all of our jerseys other than the flo jo's & the retros from last season.

    I want something new and frankly I want something with some flavor.


    Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Peck For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by rabidpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The pinstripes were still our actual uniforms just 7 years ago. Ah yes the olden days of 2005. Doesn't feel like much of a "throwback."
    Agreed, but it will be kind of nice to see them again all the same. Still, it's weird how they keep seeming to avoid the flojo jerseys. I wonder why?

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  31. #21

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed, but it will be kind of nice to see them again all the same. Still, it's weird how they keep seeming to avoid the flojo jerseys. I wonder why?
    I wish we knew a reason. There has to be something. Now with this being the last season with no ad-patch on jerseys even if they do use them in the future they'll probably say Farm Bureau Insurance on them. Maybe Farm Bureau is paying them to hold off on the flo-jos for now so that they can advertise on them?

  32. #22
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,228
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Man come on, how can you not have the Detroit Pistons Jerseys from the 1990's? Those were the funniest ones ever.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  34. #23
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,916

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Those Houston and Utah jerseys are so bad they're good.

    Also, love the original Raptors jerseys.

  35. #24
    #Franking Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13,561

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    I know I'm in the minority, but I really dislike the pinstripes. They just don't work on basketball uniforms, far too busy for such little real estate. But man, looking at some of those "new throwbacks," it could be a lot worse, I forgot just how ugly the NBA was around the turn of the millennium.

    As long as they don't wear those terrible banana suit pinstripes I guess it'll be ok.

  36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  37. #25
    Member DangerGranger3pointranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Narnia
    Posts
    325
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: More "throwbacks coming"

    Those were so ugly but I think they looked so good for some reason. http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=7...qe42zg9w23fa45
    Everybody ride the Scola train! WHOO WHOO

Similar Threads

  1. Tbird analysis: Coming thru at "winning time."
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 07:48 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 04:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •