Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Chairman of the Boards 90'sNBARocked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chicago, but Brooklyn/Naptown Raised!!
    Posts
    7,598

    Default Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    http://www.hoopsworld.com/indianas-p...ffseason-moves

    The Indiana Pacers are at a turning point both on the court, where they have slowly been transforming into a perennial Eastern Conference powerhouse, and in the front office, where Donnie Walsh and Kevin Pritchard have replaced Larry Bird and David Morway as team president and GM, respectively.

    Despite those changes in leadership, the Pacers are still focused on a pretty clear long-term vision.

    “Donnie Walsh made it very clear that our goal was to keep the starters together and add to our bench,” Pritchard told HOOPSWORLD in Las Vegas. “[Last season’s finish] was the fifth-best record in the league. We took Miami pretty far in the playoffs and I think won more games than anybody against Miami.”

    With that huge step in the right direction—it was Indiana’s first playoff series win since 2005—Pritchard and Walsh felt motivated to be aggressive in free agency, both with maintaining their own players and signing some new guys to help them move forward even more in 2012-2013.

    All that started by matching a four-year, $58.4 million offer sheet that All-Star center Roy Hibbert signed originally agreed to with the Portland Trail Blazers at the start of free agency. Those are max dollars, which not everyone is certain Hibbert deserves, but Pritchard had an easy defense for keeping Hibbert aboard and making the trade that sent out Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones for backup center Ian Mahinmi.

    “We really felt like length helps in the playoffs. You’ve got to have some size, some bulk, so bringing Roy back was our first priority,” Pritchard said.

    “With Ian, we get a guy who can play the five and four, he’s 6’11”, and he’s 27 so he’s still improving. And everybody says he’s a great worker, so we feel lucky to get him.”

    The Pacers didn’t only add big men; this offseason’s major moves also included the addition of point guard D.J. Augustin and swingman Gerald Green, both of whom came at very reasonable prices considering their talent.

    According to Pritchard, Augustin will probably play a very different kind of a game with the Pacers than he’s used to, which was a big selling point in getting him to Indianapolis.

    “In Charlotte, he was so looked upon to score, but with us he can be a facilitator, or be in a pick-and-roll and find players, but he doesn’t have to go in to score to help us,” Pritchard said. “His role will change, but he really embraced that when we talked to him.”

    Green, meanwhile, had a standout season in New Jersey last year after spending some time in Moscow. He averaged 12.9 points in 31 games for the Nets, but that combined with a great interview convinced the Pacers’ brass to give him a long-term shot in Indiana.

    “We met with him for a couple of days,” Pritchard said. “Kids mature. It’s just a part of the business. He’s really come a long way, but what I like is that he’s really hungry. He’s ready to get after it, and we feel like we get a good signing in him. He’ll help our bench because he can really score and is super talented. He hasn’t put it all together yet, but we hope he can for us.”

    This could be a year in which the Pacers as a team “put it all together.” The Central Division is ripe for the picking, especially with Derrick Rose projected to miss most or all of the season, and there’s little reason to believe the Pacers couldn’t end up facing the Miami HEAT again at some point in the 2013 playoffs.

    In fact, if Pritchard and Walsh’s free agency moves this summer work out like they hope on the court, the Eastern Conference could come down to those two teams for years to come. For now, though, they just want to grow their young talent and play as well as they can.

    “Coach Vogel wants to keep this team together and see them grow,” Pritchard said. “We’ll look for deals and be opportunistic, but it’s not like we have to do something right now.

    “It’s never done,” he added, “but it’s time to sit back and evaluate where we are.”

    So where are they? In a pretty good place, it seems. They had to spend some money to get there, and more money will get spent down the road as other young guys gear up for extensions in coming years. But for now, the immediate future looks bright as the tide continues to turn in the right direction.
    Sittin on top of the world!

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 90'sNBARocked For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member PR07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,910

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven Pritchard
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    “With Ian, we get a guy who can play the five and four, he’s 6’11”, and he’s 27 so he’s still improving. And everybody says he’s a great worker, so we feel lucky to get him.”
    I'm being a stickler but Mahinmi's actually only 25, not sure if that's on the writer or Pritchard. Otherwise, it was a good read.

  4. #3
    Member ksuttonjr76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Marion, IA
    Posts
    3,360

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    I'm just going to wait for the season to begin...I'm still not really that sold on the moves.

  5. #4
    Member owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,152

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just going to wait for the season to begin...I'm still not really that sold on the moves.
    I don't know. I am actually excited about watching the team grow together and I am much happier about the bench.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to owl For This Useful Post:


  7. #5
    crazy shinaniganz BringJackBack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    7,351

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    I was just hoping we would add a game changer to the bench. Plumlee/Mahinmi take care of our size problem that killed us last year, Green and Augustin add pure shooting, and hopefully Stephenson adds some facilitating as well as DJ Augustin. I was just banking on us getting an actual game changer on par with our starters to play off the bench. Thought our opportunity was Elton Brand or Luis Scola, and if we could somehow S&T for Carl Landry that would be perfect.

    My point is, our bench isn't going to cost us games anymore. But they still aren't going to win us many. I know Larry wanted us to be known as having the best bench in the league, and hopefully one of the best of all time. Right now it looks like our new bench is just trying to patch holes from last year. Not a bad thing, but at this point it seems like we are kind of dreaming small...

  8. #6

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just hoping we would add a game changer to the bench. Plumlee/Mahinmi take care of our size problem that killed us last year, Green and Augustin add pure shooting, and hopefully Stephenson adds some facilitating as well as DJ Augustin. I was just banking on us getting an actual game changer on par with our starters to play off the bench. . .
    yeah, me too. but they do have lots of depth at the 2. paul and someone should make it through the regular season. maybe paul, danny and green during the playoffs.

  9. #7

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    We also have $18 or so million coming off next offseason and another $16 or so million the following offseason. We're set up for a mid to late 90's type run... hopefully a more successful mid to late 90's type run

  10. #8
    future dragon trainer Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,038

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by dgranger17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We also have $18 or so million coming off next offseason and another $16 or so million the following offseason. We're set up for a mid to late 90's type run... hopefully a more successful mid to late 90's type run
    Sure, if you ignore PG's eventual extension. Which honestly terrifies me. I've basically lost faith in PG ever being more than a spot up shooter that can finish well in transition and play strong defense on smaller players. I'll be really surprised if he ever puts up 20+ a night on anything nearing efficient. Doesn't mean I want to dump him, does mean I'm open to trading him though. His hype outweighs his performance.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  12. #9
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, if you ignore PG's eventual extension. Which honestly terrifies me. I've basically lost faith in PG ever being more than a spot up shooter that can finish well in transition and play strong defense on smaller players. I'll be really surprised if he ever puts up 20+ a night on anything nearing efficient. Doesn't mean I want to dump him, does mean I'm open to trading him though. His hype outweighs his performance.
    This season will make or break the hype, I think. I won't give up on him unless he looks the same this year.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hicks For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Member Ace E.Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,082

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, if you ignore PG's eventual extension. Which honestly terrifies me. I've basically lost faith in PG ever being more than a spot up shooter that can finish well in transition and play strong defense on smaller players. I'll be really surprised if he ever puts up 20+ a night on anything nearing efficient. Doesn't mean I want to dump him, does mean I'm open to trading him though. His hype outweighs his performance.
    Though I don't think he'll ever be a true number one option on a contending team, I do think he'll be an effective and efficient scorer. DG didnt average 20+ ppg until his 4th yr (though he averaged 19.6 his 3rd yr) when he was 25. PG turns 23 in October and is already just as good of a shooter as DG was. The kid averaged 12 ppg being the 4th or 5th option, and shot pretty efficiently (44% overall, 39% from 3, 80% from the line) If he can up his FTA by 4 per game by simply attacking the basket more, you're looking at a 15-16 ppg scorer already.

    In the day and age where players are superstars by their second years, we lose sight of players who are "late bloomers". Again I'm not saying PG is going to be a SUPERSTAR, but I think he'll be more than just a spot up 3pt shooter/wing defender ala Trevor Ariza.

  15. #11
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, if you ignore PG's eventual extension. Which honestly terrifies me. I've basically lost faith in PG ever being more than a spot up shooter that can finish well in transition and play strong defense on smaller players. I'll be really surprised if he ever puts up 20+ a night on anything nearing efficient. Doesn't mean I want to dump him, does mean I'm open to trading him though. His hype outweighs his performance.
    Not just the Paul resigning, but keeping or filling the DWest gap. West at $10m is a pretty good price. Apart from the Scola joke of an amnesty deal you aren't getting scorers at the PF for less than 10.

    If Paul improves so much that you don't mind losing West caliber talent at the 4, then Paul's going to get a huge contract himself. If Paul stays about the same then you'll still want West or something on par with West. So the money to keep THIS FIVE (or simulation of) together is all spent, period.


    I didn't think about the Scola amnesty, but TPTB should have. And if they had then they should have looked to move DC/DJ for a late first pick, then saved the money for Scola. If you miss that you can still get a guy like Mahimi later. This costs you no more than you just spent and isn't that hard to do.

    Similar to just letting Hill see the market. Maybe someone goes nuts and offers him crazy money, but you've still got DC so who cares. Now you don't need to trade DC if you let Hill go. Or the market matches or lowers the price you paid and in that case you are at worst the same as you are now. It's a no-lose situation that they didn't take advantage of.



    To be honest a lot of it feels like a rushed effort done by people who didn't fully expect to be in the situation of 100% control. This summer did not feel like a fluid, organized plan of attack, not even a plan disrupted by a surprise move from another team.

    Tons of motion to get right back to where they were.




    By the way, hands up on who thought the bench sucked last season 2-3 weeks into it, or even before the season started. They had Hill, Tyler and DJ. They added Lou. Lou had some good games and even when they swapped DC to the bench he had some good games, and then they added Barbosa and people were loving his scoring.

    No one really thought of the bench as problem till the playoffs. A month before the playoffs everyone thought the bench was a strong point vs other teams.

    Keep that in mind when doing the Pritch rah-rah on this bench. It's not bad, but it feels quite a bit the same to me, and I really like DJ Aug and have hopes for Greene. But Jones shot a decent 3 last year and was playing some of his better ball, and DC/Hill wasn't exactly crapping it up out there. GG and Aug aren't going to be drastic changes.



    It's all on Paul, Roy and George. 2 just got paid for it to be there and the 3rd might be on the verge of it, so I guess it's appropriate that they are where the pressure really falls.*





    * i realize this falls under my "no s***" rule of stating the already stated by others obvious point

  16. #12

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by BringJackBack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was just hoping we would add a game changer to the bench. Plumlee/Mahinmi take care of our size problem that killed us last year, Green and Augustin add pure shooting, and hopefully Stephenson adds some facilitating as well as DJ Augustin. I was just banking on us getting an actual game changer on par with our starters to play off the bench. Thought our opportunity was Elton Brand or Luis Scola, and if we could somehow S&T for Carl Landry that would be perfect.

    My point is, our bench isn't going to cost us games anymore. But they still aren't going to win us many. I know Larry wanted us to be known as having the best bench in the league, and hopefully one of the best of all time. Right now it looks like our new bench is just trying to patch holes from last year. Not a bad thing, but at this point it seems like we are kind of dreaming small...
    I was hoping we'd improve our bench as well, just by improving our starters and bumping a current starter to the bench.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Karlton For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Crawfordsville, IN
    Posts
    2,579

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    I'm just excited to see Gerald Green and Paul George on the court together. I think Mahinmi will be better than people expect, it will be nice to have some real depth at the center position now. I think Augustin will be a better distributor than Collison. I'm pretty excited.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PGisthefuture For This Useful Post:


  20. #14
    Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Free Lance!
    Posts
    8,057

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    “In Charlotte, he was so looked upon to score, but with us he can be a facilitator, or be in a pick-and-roll and find players, but he doesn’t have to go in to score to help us,” Pritchard said. “His role will change, but he really embraced that when we talked to him.”
    I like the sound of this.
    .

    .

    .

    .


    “People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

  21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to McKeyFan For This Useful Post:


  22. #15
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind.
    Posts
    3,544
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    I agree! Just about the best news about the off season so far. A recognition by the Pacers that the point guard position is not all about scoring as it has been for years, and that facilitating is important!

  23. #16
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,251
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by McKeyFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I like the sound of this.
    It is music to my ears.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  24. #17
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Def think the bench has improved.

    It just strikes me as funny that Pritchard is really going out of his way to explain and sell the offseason moves cause so many fans are pissed. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  26. #18
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Def think the bench has improved.

    It just strikes me as funny that Pritchard is really going out of his way to explain and sell the offseason moves cause so many fans are pissed. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
    Me either....in our fans.

  27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


  28. #19

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Def think the bench has improved.

    It just strikes me as funny that Pritchard is really going out of his way to explain and sell the offseason moves cause so many fans are pissed. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me either....in our fans.
    I agree. Sparhawk, you say you like the moves, but you aren't confident in them because Pritchard is explaining them? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

  29. #20
    Member Sparhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,227

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by iogyhufi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree. Sparhawk, you say you like the moves, but you aren't confident in them because Pritchard is explaining them? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
    If you've read some of my other posts, you'd understand.

    -Hate the Plumlee pick. As I'm sure there were a lot of fans that felt the same.
    -Gave DC away for nothing. Just a dumb move. Small market teams shouldn't be giving away assets. DC is a fringe starter, excellent backup. You can't tell me that's not worth something.
    -Hill is way overpaid. Should have let the market dictate his salary just like Hibbs. I just don't see how a small combo guard would have gotten $8M from another team.
    -Pacers blew through the offseason in like 4 days. If they'd had asked Hibbs/Hill to hold off signing till after the amnesty period, I can only imagine that the Pacers could have Scola or Brand, which would have been a huuuuuuuuge upgrade.
    -While I'm glad the Pacers got Augustin, this is a latteral move IMO. What makes it a bad move is that he costs more than DC and we don't get his bird rights.

    -I like the Ian signing. I'm not complaining at $4M cause that doesn't seem much for a backup.
    -Like the Green signing.

    Sure the bench is better. The overall long term costs could really hurt the Pacers though by over paying for Hill and the cost of Hibbert (though I think it was the right move to match, it's still a lot of money). All we heard from management is how they'll finally have money this offseason to go after free agents. In the end, they used most of it to just resign their own guys. So much for that.

    So of course Pritchard has to spin it and sell it to the fans, cause many are upset. Other teams didn't have the kind of money the Pacers have and yet they were still able to get better. That's why I'm not very confident at the moment.

    However, though I've been upset by the moves, I'm ready for the season to start and to root for these guys.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

    Now really free Lance!

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sparhawk For This Useful Post:


  31. #21

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you've read some of my other posts, you'd understand.

    -Hate the Plumlee pick. As I'm sure there were a lot of fans that felt the same.
    -Gave DC away for nothing. Just a dumb move. Small market teams shouldn't be giving away assets. DC is a fringe starter, excellent backup. You can't tell me that's not worth something.
    -Hill is way overpaid. Should have let the market dictate his salary just like Hibbs. I just don't see how a small combo guard would have gotten $8M from another team.
    -Pacers blew through the offseason in like 4 days. If they'd had asked Hibbs/Hill to hold off signing till after the amnesty period, I can only imagine that the Pacers could have Scola or Brand, which would have been a huuuuuuuuge upgrade.
    -While I'm glad the Pacers got Augustin, this is a latteral move IMO. What makes it a bad move is that he costs more than DC and we don't get his bird rights.

    -I like the Ian signing. I'm not complaining at $4M cause that doesn't seem much for a backup.
    -Like the Green signing.

    Sure the bench is better. The overall long term costs could really hurt the Pacers though by over paying for Hill and the cost of Hibbert (though I think it was the right move to match, it's still a lot of money). All we heard from management is how they'll finally have money this offseason to go after free agents. In the end, they used most of it to just resign their own guys. So much for that.

    So of course Pritchard has to spin it and sell it to the fans, cause many are upset. Other teams didn't have the kind of money the Pacers have and yet they were still able to get better. That's why I'm not very confident at the moment.

    However, though I've been upset by the moves, I'm ready for the season to start and to root for these guys.
    Fair enough. I agree with most of your sentiments but I would like to hope Pritchard and Walsh have an idea of what they're doing.

  32. #22
    Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,097

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    -Hill is way overpaid. Should have let the market dictate his salary just like Hibbs. I just don't see how a small combo guard would have gotten $8M from another team.
    ...
    Which of these would you rather have in place of George Hill?:

    Jeremy Lin
    Nic Batum
    Landry Fields
    Gordon Dragic
    Gerald Wallace
    Mo Willams
    Jeff Green

    All of these guys signed for roughly the same money as George Hill did. I wouldn't trade him for any of them. I do not believe he is overpaid.
    *Edit - most pro athletes are overpaid! He isn't disproportionately overpaid.*
    Last edited by fwpacerfan; 07-24-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  33. #23
    Member Reginald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fishers, IN
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It just strikes me as funny that Pritchard is really going out of his way to explain and sell the offseason moves cause so many fans are pissed. Doesn't give me a ton of confidence.
    One interview is "really going out of his way"? I'm a huge Pacers fan who lives in the northeastern suburbs of Indianapolis and reads up on the Blue & Gold almost every day. I couldn't pick Pritchard out of a lineup. Randy Bernard gets more copy in the Indianapolis Star than Pritchard does.
    "Reggie Miller is the hardest player to guard." --Kobe Bryant

    "Playing Reggie Miller drives me nuts. It's like chicken-fighting with a woman." --Michael Jordan

  34. #24
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    “We took Miami pretty far in the playoffs and I think won more games than anybody against Miami.”
    With Ian, we get a guy who can play the five and four, he’s 6’11”, and he’s 27 so he’s still improving.
    This is our GM? Now I'm worried.

    I liked our off-season moves other than the possibility of Stephenson playing SG because that's a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

    Did Pritchard even watch the playoffs though? Miami beat us 4-2 and Boston 4-3. We had been up 2-1 on Miami but Boston had been up 3-2. I knew our record against the Heat during the regular season was 1-3 so at best, we matched the Celtics 3 wins in the playoffs against Miami. Then I looked at Boston and Miami during the regular season and Celtics beat them 3-1. I was willing to overlook that he "thought" the Pacers won more games against them, even though anybody who watched the playoffs knows they didn't. Did he not watch them?

    Then he talks about Mahinimi and says he's 27 years old. Did the Pacers find out he was lying about his age and ESPN missed it? ESPN lists him as 25 years old.

    Maybe I'm harping on small things but I actually stopped reading the article because he was wrong twice 1/4 of the way through what was quoted. If he's making these inaccurate comments about his own team, I question if he even watches NBA games. I knew he was wrong about those things off the top of my head, so why was he wrong? As far as I'm concerned, he should know every single detail about the Pacers over the past year and it's like he doesn't know the simplest of facts about this team.

    I had started trusting the front office after the moves they made following drafting Plumlee and trading Collison but now I'm starting to wonder again.
    Last edited by TOP; 07-22-2012 at 10:34 PM.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  36. #25
    BornRodney ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,917

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Indiana’s Pritchard Explains Offseason Moves

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is our GM? Now I'm worried.

    I liked our off-season moves other than the possibility of Stephenson playing SG because that's a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion.

    Did Pritchard even watch the playoffs though? Miami beat us 4-2 and Boston 4-3. We had been up 2-1 on Miami but Boston had been up 3-2. I knew our record against the Heat during the regular season was 1-3 so at best, we matched the Celtics 3 wins in the playoffs against Miami. Then I looked at Boston and Miami during the regular season and Celtics beat them 3-1. I was willing to overlook that he "thought" the Pacers won more games against them, even though anybody who watched the playoffs knows they didn't. Did he not watch them?

    Then he talks about Mahinimi and says he's 27 years old. Did the Pacers find out he was lying about his age and ESPN missed it? ESPN lists him as 25 years old.

    Maybe I'm harping on small things but I actually stopped reading the article because he was wrong twice 1/4 of the way through what was quoted. If he's making these inaccurate comments about his own team, I question if he even watches NBA games. I knew he was wrong about those things off the top of my head, so why was he wrong? As far as I'm concerned, he should know every single detail about the Pacers over the past year and it's like he doesn't know the simplest of facts about this team.

    I had started trusting the front office after the moves they made following drafting Plumlee and trading Collison but now I'm starting to wonder again.
    Seriously? These simple trivia is pointless to him. I care more if he knows who to get, who fits well, how we played certain teams, salaries, signings etc. I don't care if he knows who had the most wins against the Heat or exactly how old a player is.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ECKrueger For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Indiana Pacers Offseason Moves & Analysis
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:59 PM
  2. Indiana Pacers Offseason Moves & Analysis
    By 90'sNBARocked in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
  3. Offseason Moves
    By MillerTime in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 10:06 AM
  4. 2 Offseason moves to think about
    By PacerPride33 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 02:17 AM
  5. Some Random Offseason Moves
    By purdue101 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 05:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •