Thread: Randy Foye

Default Randy Foye

Since we didn't re-sign Barbosa, I hope we're in search for a backup SG (and not handing it to Lance).

What do you guys think of Foye (if the price is right)?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Randy Foye

We should go after Gerald Green.

Oh wait...

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Awesome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We should go after Gerald Green.

Oh wait...
    speaking of....
    has anybody seen much of him? i haven't. i realize when he came in the league, he was pretty much just a dunker and not much else. can this guy create his own shot and attack the basket?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I still want Lance. No thanks to Foye.

Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

if the FO is looking for a backup Wing Man...I'd rather lean towards a Tweener Forward that is quick enough to help defend against the Pick and Roll.

But realistically, I'd rather hope that we go after no one....I'd rather save the $$$ and give the minutes to Lance and OJ.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CableKC For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I think we are done making moves for now.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clownskull View Post
    speaking of....
    has anybody seen much of him? i haven't. i realize when he came in the league, he was pretty much just a dunker and not much else. can this guy create his own shot and attack the basket?
    He's slightly better than Granger off the dribble, which is to say mediocre. He's a very good (spot up) 3 point shooter and will probably benefit if not thrive from working with a distributor like Augustin. He's at his best finishing fast breaks, which I'd say was easily our 2nd biggest weakness the past few years (first being lack of a distributor point guard). He's not going to create for anybody, but he's not going to stop the offense either.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3rdStrike For This Useful Post:

Mood

Sports Logo

We don't need Randy Foye. We have Hill, Green, Lance, and OJ to backup the 2. We should be fine. Green and Augustin should be the first two guys off the bench (a distributor for Roy/West/Granger is more important than a different, less-talented big man). I hope that Vogel doesn't continue the "switching units" style of subbing, because bringing just Augustin in to play with the starters after a few minutes of gameplay would be beneficial. We don't need Augustin switching in with Plumlee and Green, all the time.
    witters: @imbtyler, @postgameonline

Quote Originally Posted by Day-V View Post
    In conclusion, Paul George is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Pinkham View Post
    Our arena, their arena, Rucker park, it just doesn't matter. We're bigger, longer, younger, faster, and hungrier.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to imbtyler For This Useful Post:

I'd guess they'll take the same approach this season as last ... see where Stephenson is in his development and evaluate a couple weeks before the trade deadline. And if he's ready, it frees the money up to perhaps upgrade at another position or find an injury replacement if needed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraft For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wouldn't mind adding another veteran wing, I'm just not sure that guy is Foye.

Mood

While I am not a big Lance fan I think it's time to give the kid a chunk of minutes to see what he can do. It's not like he is our ONLY option. If he doesn't pan out we've got GHill who can play some spot backup minutes at SG when we put Augustin in at the point. We've got Paul George starting at SG and he's young and can play a lot of minutes. While I want Green to primarily backup Danny he can also play some SG minutes. I expect Johnson to be deep on the bench if he doesn't get cut but he is a SG as well. We can also look at options around the trade deadline.

I just don't think we need to pick up another wing. We've got a handful of them and it's time to see what we've got before stockpiling more. If we're going to do anything else with the bench it should probably be at the PF position, because that is the weakest link on the bench now. Mahimi can play there, but I think the coaching staff sees him as the backup C. I don't know if Plumlee can play PF. Tyler...well, it's make or break for Tyler now. I want to love him because when he's good he's valuable, but when you look at the course of his career, it has happened so rarely...
    Last edited by gummy; 07-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.
    "Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." - Albert Camus

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire

"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when it is done to others." - William Greider

I have come to see the sense of giving Stephenson at the SG and Hansbrough at the PF a period of time to prove themselves this year on the second team. It needs to be clear that they must play differently than they have in the past, more within a team plan on both offense and defense. Perhaps, with last year's shortened season (no training camp) and some deficiencies in our back-up talent at several positions (most screamingly at center), this will be the first opportunity they will have had to really do that. I think that time will tell rather quickly.

By the way, I am not letting Orlando Johnson's poor shooting in summer league bother me much. My gut instinct tells me that he will emerge much stronger than we have imagined he will. I also believe that Plumlee will be able to play alongside Mahinmi as a PF-C or twin tower combo. That remains to be seen, but it is an exciting possibility. Bringing in Johnson and Plumlee as first option backups may take some time, during which time we find out how much we may need them.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

I wanna see if Lance has truly improved enough to become the permanent backup SG first. I actually like Foye unlike most who have posted, he surprised me with his shooting ability when I watched him on the Clippers last year. I think we are done making moves though. Also, is it 100% for sure that we are not re-signing Barbosa?

Indiana Pacers Forever Pacer Fan's Avatar
    Mood

No Thx!

I'd be more interested in a 6'8" SF / SG. Someone to feel a solid role in case Danny, Paul and Gerald misses games.

I actually like Adam Morrison's game this summer and we could use his 6'8" spot up 3 pt shooting coming off the bench. He is a vet. and knows how to play, so he should be able to come right in and contribute for a very reasonable contract. I can throw out better names, but the'yd either be rookies or cost to much to obtain.

Frank Vogel says "Killer instinct, start strong, build a lead and then step on their throats."

Banned
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by PGisthefuture View Post
    I wanna see if Lance has truly improved enough to become the permanent backup SG first. I actually like Foye unlike most who have posted, he surprised me with his shooting ability when I watched him on the Clippers last year. I think we are done making moves though. Also, is it 100% for sure that we are not re-signing Barbosa?
    Did the Pacers play Lance at SG in the summer league? I don't know why people keep trying to make Lance a SG. He is a PG....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Lifelong Pacer Fan. PGisthefuture's Avatar

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    Did the Pacers play Lance at SG in the summer league? I don't know why people keep trying to make Lance a SG. He is a PG....... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    He didn't always play pg in summer league. I agree, Lance has some of the skills to be a pg, but do you really think he will get playing time when we have Augustin and Hill already at the pg?

I really hope we don't add anyone else for right now.
    With the #3 pick in the 2015 draft, your Indiana Pacers!

Mood

I'd have to pass on him. I think we have enough wings right now and I would like to see Lance play consistent minutes to see if he can play in the league or not. I like Lance myself but I think it is time to see if his game is developing.