View Poll Results: How do you like them?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up

59 78.67%
  • Thumbs down

16 21.33%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacerized View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Off the top of my head I'd think that Dallas, the Hornets, or the Knicks before the grabbed Felton might have given up a 1st. DC is a starter on a lot of teams or at the very least a backup getting starters minutes. The way Cuban fleeced us on the Ian trade he should have thrown in a pick anyway IMO.
    I know big men can take time to develop, but Ian isn't that young. All I saw of his play last year was in the playoffs but I don't think his ceiling is very high as an nba player. From what I see he isn't even at the Solomon Jones level yet. He's played is career to date practicing against Tim Duncan and Dirk and still hasn't figured it out.
    -The Hornets are going to win less than 35 games this year. There was no way they're giving us a pick, even lottery protected. They're a rebuilding young team, there is a 0% chance they were giving us a first round pick.

-I don't think the Knicks can trade their first round pick this year. They already traded 2014 and you can't trade two in a row.

-If we could have gotten a pick from Dallas, we would have.

These weren't possibilities. Why are people on PD convinced they were?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King Tuts Tomb For This Useful Post:

J7F

I would have preferred trading DC to OKC for Reggie Jackson. DC would give them an even deeper bench, which I think they'd prefer over Reggie, who is unproven, and Maynor, who is coming off an injury.

Reggie Jackson would give the Pacers a pg that is controllable, who has size, an offensive game, and could turn into a top defending pg.

Who knows what they tried to get for DC, but I bet they didn't look. They just wanted to get rid of DJ so much that they threw DC in there.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    Who knows what they tried to get for DC, but I bet they didn't look.
    What makes you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tuts Tomb View Post
    What makes you think this?
    Cause they simply gave him away to get rid of DJ. That's why.
    Lance + Starting SG = Awesome

Now really free Lance!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
    I would have preferred trading DC to OKC for Reggie Jackson. DC would give them an even deeper bench, which I think they'd prefer over Reggie, who is unproven, and Maynor, who is coming off an injury.

Reggie Jackson would give the Pacers a pg that is controllable, who has size, an offensive game, and could turn into a top defending pg.

Who knows what they tried to get for DC, but I bet they didn't look. They just wanted to get rid of DJ so much that they threw DC in there.
    What makes you think Jackson has an offensive game? He got by in college A LOT with his athleticism. I agree he could be a top notch defensive PG, but we still ended up getting a better player in Augustin.

And I don't think we have enough evidence to say "they didn't look" at options to trade DC. I think it's been apparent that they knew they were going to trade him, why wouldn't they look at different options as to where they would want to trade him to? That doesn't make much sense.

I think in the FO's eyes, they traded him to the best place for him (a chance to start on a playoff team) and for us (by acquiring an athletic back up C for Roy) whether they made the right decision or not could be debated, but I think it's clear THIS move was what they thought was the best. If there were a better offer out there, why wouldn't they take it--when they're job is to improve this team as much as possible?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post:

J7F

Off the top of my head I'd think that Dallas, the Hornets, or the Knicks before the grabbed Felton might have given up a 1st. DC is a starter on a lot of teams or at the very least a backup getting starters minutes. The way Cuban fleeced us on the Ian trade he should have thrown in a pick anyway IMO.
    I know big men can take time to develop, but Ian isn't that young. All I saw of his play last year was in the playoffs but I don't think his ceiling is very high as an nba player. From what I see he isn't even at the Solomon Jones level yet. He's played is career to date practicing against Tim Duncan and Dirk and still hasn't figured it out.
    Come on man really? Solo is 28 yrs old and avg 3 and 3 last yr bouncing between two teams while Ian is 25 and averaged 6 and 5 while playing on a playoff team. Whether you think Mahinmi is a good back up C or not, you cant say Solo's sad a$$ is better than him!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace E.Anderson View Post
    Come on man really? Solo is 28 yrs old and avg 3 and 3 last yr bouncing between two teams while Ian is 25 and averaged 6 and 5 while playing on a playoff team. Whether you think Mahinmi is a good back up C or not, you cant say Solo's sad a$$ is better than him!
    O.K. a slight overstatement but I'd say they are comparable players. It took Ian 18.7 minutes to average 5.8 points and 4.7 boards. Solo has never averaged more then 13.9 minutes. I'm not a fan of Solo and wouldn't want the team bringing him back, but I remember some pretty good games he had for us. With what little I've watched Ian, I don't think he's as strong as Solo who is a weak big man himself. Obviously Walsh sees something in him so I hope I'm wrong and he tears it up this year. I fear that we'll wish we had him on a shorter contract.

O.K. a slight overstatement but I'd say they are comparable players. It took Ian 18.7 minutes to average 5.8 points and 4.7 boards. Solo has never averaged more then 13.9 minutes. I'm not a fan of Solo and wouldn't want the team bringing him back, but I remember some pretty good games he had for us. With what little I've watched Ian, I don't think he's as strong as Solo who is a weak big man himself. Obviously Walsh sees something in him so I hope I'm wrong and he tears it up this year. I fear that we'll wish we had him on a shorter contract.
    With my lil bro being a BIG Mavs fan, I've probably seen Mahinmi play a little more than a lot of Pacer fans.

He's no dominant force or anything, but he is a long, active, and athletic big. Idk if he's stronger than Solo, but he definitely plays the game with more physicality. The best attribute about him is his activity and length. He battles on rebounds, and he battles in the post defensively. He's the type of guy that gets a lot of tips and keeps the ball alive on the boards.

A BIG negative is that he picks up a lot of cheap fouls, but as a backup C that's not as terrible of a thing because he'll only play 18-22 mpg anyways.

Offensively he is definitely your last option on the floor. He has a decent 15 foot J, that he can knock down if left wide open. But again, that's a last resort. He wont perform many post moves, but he tries to dunk everything within 3-5ft of the basket. He's probably already our most consistent finisher at the rim out of all the bigs on our roster.

I'm thinking that maybe Walsh sees a long active player that can play effectively next to West or Roy, and helps maintain our size, length advantage when Roy goes to the bench. I'm hoping Pacer fans will be surprised with Ian.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ace E.Anderson For This Useful Post: