View Poll Results: How do you like them?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up

    59 78.67%
  • Thumbs down

    16 21.33%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 158

Thread: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotiq View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hill signing no doubt we overpaid and not quite sure why they where so eager to come to terms as quick as they did
    Well, I think he had offers and I think that contract was market value. Not everyone makes those things public......

  2. #27
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you are wrong as you almost always are. That is me. If the Pacers starters outplayed the Miami starters, why couldn't they do it at the end of the games? The reason is they aren't even close to the Heat.... Or Boston, Chicago, Brooklyn and perhaps even the Knicks. I had some nitwit try to tell me we had the best starting five in the entire NBA!! That guy was the joke!!

    Congrats on embarrassing yourself.

  3. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats on embarrassing yourself.
    I didn't embarrass myself. I am right. We have not improved out starters. Those other teams have. We are a little better with the new reserves but Boston added two good players. Miami added two good players, Brooklyn rebuilt their whole team. The Knicks improved. Perhaps Chicago has not but they only need to get their superstar back to be contenders. The Pacers are not contenders.....

  4. #29
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you are wrong as you almost always are. That is me. If the Pacers starters outplayed the Miami starters, why couldn't they do it at the end of the games? [b]The reason is they aren't even close to the[b] Heat.... Or Boston, Chicago, Brooklyn and perhaps even the Knicks. I had some nitwit try to tell me we had the best starting five in the entire NBA!! That guy was the joke!!
    Odd.... thought we finished ahead of all of those teams. Who did the Celtics add that made them better than us? Knicks should be better with Woodson full time but how are they better? And Nets?????? They added Joe Johnson. Whoa....

    I like how you claim I'm usually wrong with no facts to back it up other than you believing your opinion is Gospel.

    But as someone else pointed, you don't use facts unless they support your opinion.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  6. #30
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Knicks, Celtics, Heat, and Nets all made significant improvements to their teams. The Pacers didn't. At best our bench is a bit better, but that's it. It's clear now that the most we were ever going to do was re-sign Hibbert and Hill along with some tinkering here and there. I think Bird left because we weren't willing to give him the green light and reach for the stars.

    So I'm pretty "meh".
    Last edited by Sollozzo; 07-20-2012 at 09:42 PM.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  8. #31
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,873

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't embarrass myself. I am right. We have not improved out starters. Those other teams have. We are a little better with the new reserves but Boston added two good players. Miami added two good players, Brooklyn rebuilt their whole team. The Knicks improved. Perhaps Chicago has not but they only need to get their superstar back to be contenders. The Pacers are not contenders.....
    Adding Joe Johnson is rebuilding your whole team?

    Knicks improved??? Only because Woodson took over. Not like they improved their roster. What two good players did Boston add? And if you say Courtney Lee... no. They did get Jeff Green back though.

  9. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Adding Joe Johnson is rebuilding your whole team?

    Knicks improved??? Only because Woodson took over. Not like they improved their roster. What two good players did Boston add? And if you say Courtney Lee... no. They did get Jeff Green back though.
    As usual, you do not know what you are talking about. Yes, Boston got Lee but they also got Jason Terry. That makes them younger and better. The Knicks added Raymond Felton and Jason Kidd. That makes them better. ......

  10. #33
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Odd.... thought we finished ahead of all of those teams. Who did the Celtics add that made them better than us? Knicks should be better with Woodson full time but how are they better? And Nets?????? They added Joe Johnson. Whoa....

    Well, the Celtics were already better than the Pacers last season. As far as their recent moves are concerned, Jason Terry is a better player than Ray Allen and is two years younger. Also, Boston didn't even have Avery Bradley, Jeff Green, and Chris Wilcox for their deep playoff run last year. If those guys stay healthy and if KG and Pierce can maintain the same level of production as last year, then Boston will be an even better team than the one that just made the ECF's.

    The Knicks have a much more talented roster than the Pacers. That obviously doesn't mean everything as they still have to prove that they can mesh for an entire season. But they just added Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, and Marcus Camby. Felton was incredible in NY during the first half of 10-11. Kidd is ancient, but all they need him to do is play backup minutes and be a locker room mentor with his championship experience. He will still have those moments where he makes great plays. Camby played in almost every game last year and still averaged 9 boards. He will be extremely valuable in a playoff series. The Knicks could frustrate Roy quite a bit in a playoff series by throwing Chandler and Camby at him.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sollozzo For This Useful Post:


  12. #34
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    18,482

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sollozzo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knicks, Celtics, Heat, and Nets all made significant improvements to their teams. The Pacers didn't. At best our bench is a bit better, but that's it. It's clear now that the most we were ever going to do was re-sign Hibbert and Hill. I think Bird left because we weren't willing to give him the green light and reach for the stars.

    So I'm pretty "meh".
    The Knicks significantly improved their team...how, exactly? By adding a washed up Jason Kidd, a nearly washed up Marcus Camby, and fat Raymond Felton is a downgrade from Jeremy Lin. To me the Knicks are about the same, maybe a little bit worse.

    Celtics are better, I agree.

    The Heat are the same. Ray Allen is an upgrade, but as long as LeBron is LeBron they are the rulers of the roost.

    The Nets are better, but they were horrendous last year so they have quite a bit of ground to make up.

    I'm meh on our moves too, but I think the Eastern Conference pecking order goes: 1. Miami 2. Boston/Indiana 3. Everyone else. Of course if the Bulls can tread water long enough and sneak into the playoffs with Derrick Rose at 75% they are sneaky.

  13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  14. #35
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,476
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Knicks significantly improved their team...how, exactly? By adding a washed up Jason Kidd, a nearly washed up Marcus Camby, and fat Raymond Felton is a downgrade from Jeremy Lin. To me the Knicks are about the same, maybe a little bit worse.

    Celtics are better, I agree.

    The Heat are the same. Ray Allen is an upgrade, but as long as LeBron is LeBron they are the rulers of the roost.

    The Nets are better, but they were horrendous last year so they have quite a bit of ground to make up.

    I'm meh on our moves too, but I think the Eastern Conference pecking order goes: 1. Miami 2. Boston/Indiana 3. Everyone else. Of course if the Bulls can tread water long enough and sneak into the playoffs with Derrick Rose at 75% they are sneaky.
    I agree with your overall assessments. The thing I can't get over is how many people are saying the Nets are all of the sudden going to be good. I thought it was pretty universal that Joe Johnson was overpayed and overrated. Suddenly by adding him and keeping the rest of their players (who, like you said, were bad last year) the Nets are now a contender? I am just not sure I follow this logic.

  15. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with your overall assessments. The thing I can't get over is how many people are saying the Nets are all of the sudden going to be good. I thought it was pretty universal that Joe Johnson was overpayed and overrated. Suddenly by adding him and keeping the rest of their players (who, like you said, were bad last year) the Nets are now a contender? I am just not sure I follow this logic.
    JJ is overpay but he is not overrated, the guy is a pretty good player, him and Dwill together are going to be great for Brooklyn, nobody is going to be able to match with that team.

  16. #37
    Member Sollozzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    17,786

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Knicks significantly improved their team...how, exactly? By adding a washed up Jason Kidd, a nearly washed up Marcus Camby, and fat Raymond Felton is a downgrade from Jeremy Lin. To me the Knicks are about the same, maybe a little bit worse.
    I'm not so sure that Felton is that big of a downgrade from Lin, but we'll just have to wait and see how that one plays out. As far as Kidd is concerned, no one is expecting him to be 2003 Jason Kidd. All you need him to do is play backup minutes and bring in that tough veteran championship pedigree that made him so valuable in Dallas. He has played in three Finals and won one of them, meaning he will command respect in the locker room. He knows how a championship team conducts itself. He can definitely have some moments in the playoffs where he pulls out some vintage Jason Kidd plays that help lead the Knicks to a key victory.

    Washed up or not, Camby averaged 9 rebounds while playing almost every game last season. He's been doing that for a while now. Like Kidd, they will just be hoping that he can give them some valuable minutes off of the bench. His presence and defense could be extremely valuable in a playoff series against a guy like Hibbert

  17. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,608

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Holdin the thumb call til I see the team in action. Plenty I like (Mahinmi, Roy, Green) and plenty I need to be sold on (Augustin, Plumlee, Hill) but nothing I flat out disagree with.

  18. #39
    bleed Blue & Gold PacersPride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,245

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    going to reserve judgement until i see this team perform. I will say I miss Legend in the FO and hope he returns after a brief hiatus.

    One thing I do not like about the FO is still am not clear on who has final say. I believe it is Walsh correct.

    Regarding moves. No complaints except going after Brand and moving Hansbrough. However, I do believe Hansbrough will play better next to Mahinmi. When Foster played with Hansbrough he played well.

    Overall I feel the pacers have taken a step in the positive direction. Glad to see the Pacers are willing to spend above the cap.

    Hill is not overpaid pacer fans. by year 5 Hill will be a bargain for us. I am willing to see us pay an average of 8M for one of the best 6th men in the league.

    Have we resigned Barbosa?

  19. #40
    Member 2minutes twoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middletown, IN
    Posts
    535

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I think we are a more balanced and athletic team. Each players role is understood and a better bench will push the starters to improve as well.

  20. #41
    Member BobbyMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Homeless Traveler
    Posts
    1,214
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I thought the moves made by the Pacers were pretty good. We didn't shoot ourselves in the foot by over paying for some free agent who will be a big disappointment. We have a good core and have improved the bench. I believe that having a full preseason will help us a great deal. I also believe that some people on this board would only be happy if the Pacers win a championship by sweeping all the games in the playoffs. Hope we can have another good season this year.

  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobbyMac For This Useful Post:


  22. #42
    A Magical Place Hoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood
    Posts
    4,605
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by cdash View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm on the fence. I don't have a strong feeling either way, but I'm leaning towards a thumbs down. The DC giveaway was perplexing. I think the bench improved, but I'm not sure it is a vast improvement.

    Either way, the ceiling of this team is directly tied to the development of Paul George. If he becomes a star, we can contend for titles. If he plateaus, we are a middling Eastern Conference team for the foreseeable future.
    For now that "He" is Paul George, if he's not it, it'll be someone else in a few years. If we don't home grow a "superstar" we will probably never get one to come here on his own.

    If anyone thinks it'll EVER be any different for the Pacers they need to find another team to root for. I've excepted it.

    We have to stay competitive, even if some call that "middling". We have to have winning seasons and playoff appearances to put people in the seats. Years in the lottery means the team will not last.... here.

    Then we can only hope for a team like Reggie's finals team or hope for a great starting 5 and a good bench aka the Piston's championship. We even had a team that could have beat the Piston's if our players could have stayed sane.

    People need to get it through their heads, they'll be no "super" team in Indy.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoop For This Useful Post:


  24. #43
    v my fave #13, sorry PG ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,296

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I definitely give it a thumbs up. Not a resounding thumbs up, but a thumbs up none the less.

  25. #44
    Member LG33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,923

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?


  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LG33 For This Useful Post:


  27. #45
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perfect

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnotiq For This Useful Post:


  29. #46

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But they did! Our starters built up leads then the bench lost them, plain and simple.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    Our starters did not win a quarter in the second half of the 4 losses - measured by the almighty + / - stat. They folded when Miami turned up the pressure. You don't win games when your starters suck in pressure situations.

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to rm1369 For This Useful Post:


  31. #47
    Long time fan diamonddave00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Castle de Verde (Greencastle)
    Posts
    1,502
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    When you over spend paying Hibbert and Hill almost 22 mil for this season after paying them less than 5 mil combined last season that took up 17 mil of the cap space.

    Being able to add Green , Augustin and Mahinmi for a combined 11 mil and trading Collison and Jones' 5.5 mil deal was about the best you could expect for what little cap space remained after over paying Roy and Hill.

    Overall the team was improved just wish Hibbert and Hill could have been signed much cheaper.

  32. #48
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,504

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    The team has rehired Donnie Do Nothing Walsh and all but confirmed ownership is onboard with staying out of FA as a way to aggressively take the team to the next level. I'd say this offseason could not have thrown anymore cold water on my hopes for the team and the upcoming season. I've went from anxiously wanting to see what happens next to "meh"....

    The Pacers off season has done a great job of getting me to care more about the Colts upcoming season.

    Donnie Do Nothing Walsh back? Really? Blah!
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  34. #49

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    staying out of FA as a way to aggressively take the team to the next level.
    I'm curious, who are these next level free agents we struck out on?

  35. #50
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,596
    Mood

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I thought this offseason has been a very good one for the Pacers. I like that we kept our starting five and added young athletic players to our bench. As much as I was concerned about losing DC and Dahntay I was just as pleased with what we got in exchange. We got a young big who is strong and then the signings of Green and Augustin made my day. I think we will be seeing another DJ than he was at his prior team because he will be asked more to run the offense and distribute to our scorers. So what that we didn't get any flashy FA's but I didn't think we were even closely in their list of possible teams. I also hope that Tyler will improve from last year and I think with the floor spacing better he will improve. I can't wait to see our new look bench and see the season begin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •