View Poll Results: How do you like them?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thumbs up

    59 78.67%
  • Thumbs down

    16 21.33%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 158

Thread: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

  1. #1

    Default How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    - they matched the offer sheet Hibbert was going to sign for the Trailblazers
    - they re-signed Hill 8/5
    - they traded DC and DJ for Mahinmi
    - they signed Augustin and Green

    They had no other option than to match Hibbert's offer sheet and the more years Hill will be committed to the team the better I would say.
    They traded one of the best backup PGs in the league for one of the best backup centers in the league and they got a PG with better PG skills to replace the first one.
    They also got a good wing and spectacular player in Green. Whoever hasn't watched his highlights yet should watch them now immediately. Players like him make you want to watch (more) Pacerball.

    They didn't get a big name, but they kept the starters, improved the bench, added size and athleticism, all while staying away from often injured, high risk and low IQ players, as from headcases.

    So far I give them thumbs up.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to MvPlumlee For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Danberry
    Age
    54
    Posts
    10,665

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    How about "wait and see" for crying out loud. Have a little patience before either jumping up and down in approval or trying to run them out of town. It hasn't even been 30 days since they took over (Bird was still in charge through the draft, Donnie could not come on board until July 1, for all either of those facts is going to sway the people who want to apportion blame or credit to their favorite target).

    Sheesh. A clear case of "premature tabulation".
    BillS

    "Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BillS For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Inspiration Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    42,738

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I hestitate to give them a "thumbs down," but I feel they could have definitely done more than they did.

  6. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by MvPlumlee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    - they matched the offer sheet Hibbert was going to sign for the Trailblazers
    - they re-signed Hill 8/5
    - they traded DC and DJ for Mahinmi
    - they signed Augustin and Green

    They had no other option than to match Hibbert's offer sheet and the more years Hill will be committed to the team the better I would say.
    They traded one of the best backup PGs in the league for one of the best backup centers in the league and they got a PG with better PG skills to replace the first one.
    They also got a good wing and spectacular player in Green. Whoever hasn't watched his highlights yet should watch them now immediately. Players like him make you want to watch (more) Pacerball.

    They didn't get a big name, but they kept the starters, improved the bench, added size and athleticism, all while staying away from often injured, high risk and low IQ players, as from headcases.

    So far I give them thumbs up.
    So do I. People who thought superstar free agents were coming here were deluding themselves. Improving the bench was easiest, most cost effective and intelligent way to go......

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,411
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I think they could have got more for Collison, no doubt.

    That said we returned our starters who outplayed Miami, and improved the bench.

    Overall I think it has been a good summer.

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they could have got more for Collison, no doubt.

    That said we returned our starters who outplayed Miami, and improved the bench.

    Overall I think it has been a good summer.
    Our starters did not outplay Miami. That is absurd. James out played our starters by himself......

  9. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    32
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Thumbs down so far, they improved the bench a bit by getting rid of DC for free and now they don't even have cap space to do anything, if this was the end of the 3,4,5 or 6 years plan I want my money back.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,411
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our starters did not outplay Miami. That is absurd. James out played our starters by himself......
    If that is so why do 4 of our 5 starters have a positive number in the plus/minus?

  11. #9
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,223
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Our starters did not outplay Miami. That is absurd. James out played our starters by himself......
    But they did! Our starters built up leads then the bench lost them, plain and simple.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  13. #10
    Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tucson AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Sideways thumb.

    Hibbert could've gone either way to me.

    George Hill got way too much money/too many years.

    D.J. Augustin was a steal, Gerald Green was solid, rest were meh.
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

    ----------------- Reggie Miller

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus Jax For This Useful Post:


  15. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    7,132

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    They have made all the right decisions, but they have yet to make a difficult decision. All of them have been duh of course you match Hibbert and re-sign Hill. Augustin and Green are cheap, and Mahimni is a risk but nothing major was given up.

  16. #12
    Member yoadknux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Israel
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,307

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Thumbs in the middle!

    +++ Keeping Hibbert
    ++ Signing Augustin
    (0) Signing Green, Ian
    --Overpaying Hill
    ---Collison trade. our former Point guard isn't a good starting point guard, but I'd take a starting point guard who's at least young over a backup any day

    Coming into this offseason, in my mind our major issues were:
    1) Lacking a guy who can distribute the ball, a real starting point guard who would finally give West and Hibbert the ball when they're in good position and help Granger and George get good looks.
    2) Getting a wing who can do things with the ball in his hands in the half court. Create his own shot or help run the offense, just to make us less predictable. We had no one who can do that and Miami had no trouble defending us.
    3) Lack of backup bigs who can bang inside

    I am disappointed in a way because I thought that here's our one good chance of becoming real contenders by upgrading our point guard spot. We had cap space. We had trade chips. Deron was out of reach, but I expected us to chase Nash & Phoenix. Lowry was getting shopped. Calderon too. Dragic, Lin. We did nothing. Super teams are being formed and we upgrade our bench while our starting 5 doesn't have even 1 real all-star.

    And really, we messed up with Hill. 40/5 to a combo guard who played backup most of last year, come on. And it's not like he was spectacular during the playoffs as a starter.

    But at least we kept Hibbert, and Augustin is a guy I like. So, you know, it's not bad. But not great either
    Quote Originally Posted by Piston Prince
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobcat fans telling us to cheer up = epic fail season
    "Josh Smith Re-building the city of Detroit one brick at a time"

  17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yoadknux For This Useful Post:


  18. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that is so why do 4 of our 5 starters have a positive number in the plus/minus?
    That is the worst stat in basketball and it means absolutely nothing. If you really think the starters outplayed Miami and they got well off of the bench, what happened in the last five mintues of all of those games when James and Wade took over and willed that team to win...... What was James' plus, something like 47? You think he got that all against our subs? I'll go even further. If out second team were the same players as the first team, Miami still wins. Get it in your head. James beat the Pacers all by himself.....

  19. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But they did! Our starters built up leads then the bench lost them, plain and simple.


    Sent from #PacerNation using Tapatalk

    It is not that plain and simple. When it came down to crunch time at the end of every game, James just willed that team to win and they did.... James played every minute, the Pacers could have done the same and they would have been beaten even worse than they were. And remember, the Heat was without Bosh..... Once they adapted to that, it was lights out for the Pacers and they lost three in a row..... Miami's three players are better than our entire starting five with any two other players you want to throw on the floor.....

  20. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,411
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is the worst stat in basketball and it means absolutely nothing. If you really think the starters outplayed Miami and they got well off of the bench, what happened in the last five mintues of all of those games when James and Wade took over and willed that team to win...... What was James' plus, something like 47? You think he got that all against our subs? I'll go even further. If out second team were the same players as the first team, Miami still wins. Get it in your head. James beat the Pacers all by himself.....
    Of course, a stat that refutes your opinion is the worst stat ever.

    Awesome.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  22. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, a stat that refutes your opinion is the worst stat ever.

    Awesome.
    It was the worst stat long before I gave you that opinion and I have said so. What was the total plus for the Pacers starters subtracting the one starter who was minus. How does that match up with James +47? Like I said, James beat the Pacers by himself and he did in the last five minutes of the game with the starters on the floor......

  23. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,411
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the worst stat long before I gave you that opinion and I have said so. What was the total plus for the Pacers starters subtracting the one starter who was minus. How does that match up with James +47? Like I said, James beat the Pacers by himself and he did in the last five minutes of the game with the starters on the floor......
    If it is such a "terrible" statistic then why do you keep referencing James plus/minus to prove your point?

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  25. #18
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    28
    Posts
    15,067

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    I'm on the fence. I don't have a strong feeling either way, but I'm leaning towards a thumbs down. The DC giveaway was perplexing. I think the bench improved, but I'm not sure it is a vast improvement.

    Either way, the ceiling of this team is directly tied to the development of Paul George. If he becomes a star, we can contend for titles. If he plateaus, we are a middling Eastern Conference team for the foreseeable future.

  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  27. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is such a "terrible" statistic then why do you keep referencing James plus/minus to prove your point?
    I'm not. I'm trying to show just how silly it is....... James beat the Pacers starters in crunch time. That is all that is important. W or L, that is the only statistic you need to know in this debate.....

  28. #20
    Member pacers74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Plainfield
    Posts
    2,284

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    You can't judge the FO yet. We can't see the future. What if Green continues to mature and improve. Or he could go back to how he played earlier in his career. Ian might be good, but hopefully he is an upgrade to Lou. I think DJ easiest to predict he will be solid.
    We will know in about 6 or 7 months if they did a good job this offseason.

  29. #21
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    3,868

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    The Hill signing was terrible....like REALLY bad, the rest I like.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  31. #22

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by joew8302 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Of course, a stat that refutes your opinion is the worst stat ever.

    Awesome.
    This should be the new name for Pacer's Digest. Astatthatrefutesyouropinionistheworststatever.com

  32. #23
    Member TOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,854

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Blu is a joke and I don't buy that the guy in his avatar is even him. Dude should sue him for making him look like an ignoramus.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TOP For This Useful Post:


  34. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blu is a joke and I don't buy that the guy in his avatar is even him. Dude should sue him for making him look like an ignoramus.
    Well, you are wrong as you almost always are. That is me. If the Pacers starters outplayed the Miami starters, why couldn't they do it at the end of the games? The reason is they aren't even close to the Heat.... Or Boston, Chicago, Brooklyn and perhaps even the Knicks. I had some nitwit try to tell me we had the best starting five in the entire NBA!! That guy was the joke!!

  35. #25
    Star Platinum Hypnotiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: How do you like our new/old FO so far?

    Hill signing no doubt we overpaid and not quite sure why they where so eager to come to terms as quick as they did

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •