Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 219

Thread: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

  1. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, I couldn't predict that but I can predict that when hand guns and assault rifles are easy to obtain, tragedies like this will be the result.....
    Plenty of people own handguns and dont go out shooting up people.....but I digress

  2. #52
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,444

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I edited my post as well.

    I found it hilarious you started your post that way, but maybe it was just the way I read it.
    I just strongly disagree'd with the issues you brought up, it was a very quick hit of the reply button.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to graphic-er For This Useful Post:


  4. #53
    Member idioteque's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    washington dc
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,558

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/...ater-shooting/

    Apparently his hair was dyed red, told cops he was the Joker. Also the fact that he seems to have left bombs in his house seems to mirror the Joker blowing up that hospital. Yikes.

  5. #54
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    FBI agents and police used a hook and ladder fire truck to reach Holmes’ apartment in suburban Denver, Aurora police Chief Dan Oates said. They put a camera at the end of 12-foot pole inside the apartment, and discovered that the unit was booby trapped. Authorities evacuated five buildings as they determine how to disarm flammable and explosive material.
    How in the world did they know to do that and not just barge into his apartment? Surely they wouldn't just be this cautious even for a case like this would they?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  6. #55
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,131

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    He told them that his apartment was booby trapped.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Since86 For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He told them that his apartment was booby trapped.
    So they fed him his meds when they caught him....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  9. #57
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How in the world did they know to do that and not just barge into his apartment? Surely they wouldn't just be this cautious even for a case like this would they?
    I bet they would as a pre-caution.

  10. #58
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and I was not allowed to play violent video games as a child. Not violent at all.
    No one claims NOT playing violent video games makes one violent...so what is your point?

    If you had played those games do you honestly think you would be violent?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Merz For This Useful Post:


  12. #59
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,787

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Evidently he told them his apartment was booby trapped
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 07-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Unclebuck For This Useful Post:


  14. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    A federal law enforcement official told The Associated Press that the suspect bought a ticket and went into the theater as part of the crowd. He is believed to have propped open an exit door as the movie was playing, the official said.

  15. #61
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    I still think we should hang the piece of crap.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  16. #62
    Nerd.
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Greenwood, IN
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,067
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Law is the law is the law. Due process for even the most heinous acts.

    In the end, he'll get what's coming to him. Somehow, someway it always catches up with a person. I'm not even worrying about the guy for that reason.

    I think we need to continue to keep the victims in our thoughts and keep positive energy flowing their way. It certainly makes you think about your friends and family and shows you what is truly important in life.

    Peace be with them.

    Stryder

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stryder For This Useful Post:


  18. #63

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    He had a bomb in his apartment that was supposed to go off before the attack but didn't. It was supposed to distract the police so he'd have more time to murder people.

  19. #64
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Law is the law is the law. Due process for even the most heinous acts.
    Oh, absolutely give him his fair trial and 1 appeal once he gets found guilty. Then hang the POS.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  20. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, absolutely give him his fair trial and 1 appeal once he gets found guilty. Then hang the POS.
    Do you not see the irony in this? We are the only country in the world who makes arms available so easily and has disasters like this. We are also among the last countries in the world who still use capital punishment. Kill, kill, kill and that seems to be all that we know.... Put him in prison for life and study him to find out what makes him tick and try to prevent another just like him....

  21. #66
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you not see the irony in this? We are the only country in the world who makes arms available so easily and has disasters like this. We are also among the last countries in the world who still use capital punishment. Kill, kill, kill and that seems to be all that we know.... Put him in prison for life and study him to find out what makes him tick and try to prevent another just like him....
    Link?

    Best I could find was this: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html/

    During 2010, 23 countries executed 527 prisoners and at least 2,024 people were sentenced to death in 67 countries. More than 17,833 people are currently under sentence of death around the world.
    I have no problem with the death penalty in limited cases, but I also realize it is cheaper to keep an individual for LIP vice the death penalty

  22. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link?

    Best I could find was this: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html/

    During 2010, 23 countries executed 527 prisoners and at least 2,024 people were sentenced to death in 67 countries. More than 17,833 people are currently under sentence of death around the world.
    I have no problem with the death penalty in limited cases, but I also realize it is cheaper to keep an individual for LIP vice the death penalty
    How many of those 527 were in Texas? They really like to execute minorities down there.....

  23. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Link?

    Best I could find was this: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777460.html/

    During 2010, 23 countries executed 527 prisoners and at least 2,024 people were sentenced to death in 67 countries. More than 17,833 people are currently under sentence of death around the world.
    I have no problem with the death penalty in limited cases, but I also realize it is cheaper to keep an individual for LIP vice the death penalty
    Also, you might want to list the countries that use the death penalty as opposed to those who do not. Then decide which countries you want the USA to emulate.....

  24. #69
    Member spreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,578

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IMO the focus should be less of midnight showings and more on:

    A. The easy access a 24 year old had to an assault rifle

    B. The violence that we advertise in video games, rap videos, and tv shows/movies

    I'm glad you included these two because I think they're worth discussing. For one thing, why in the hell are assault weapons even legal to buy? He allegedly bought all of the weapons he used through legal means. I'm not 1000% opposed to the right to bear arms, but there is no logical reason for anyone in the private sector to own an assault weapon. Ever.

    And on your second point, I think it is embarrassing when people blame movies, music, or video games for violent behavior. Entertainment doesn't force anyone to make conscious decisions to commit these heinous acts, and I hope that TDKR doesn't become a target for the Geraldos of the world to leech off of.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to spreedom For This Useful Post:


  26. #70
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,152

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not saying or suggesting metal detectors are the answer or even needed, but I expect they will start to be used at movie theaters.

    Wonder if they will try to cut back on the midnight showings. I know it has nothing to do with this, but I just wonder if that will be a topic of discussion
    I don't think so... Unless you have armed guards somewhere in the nearby vicinity. It's not going to do you much good to find out the nut in the red dyed hair is carrying a gun if you can't do anything about it besides say "You've got a gun! Everyone, this guy has a gun! You can't bring that in here"

    And so he draws it and shoots up the lobby full of people instead of inside the theater itself like he'd planned.

    So unless you're prepared to put armed guards in the lobbies of theaters then I don't think you'll see metal detectors either.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  27. #71

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    There's already tons of theaters with metal detectors, and security. At the presser today the Chief (?) of Police in Aurora said on weekends off duty cops work security there.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  29. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,656
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    What are the crime-rates in Liberal-voting counties vs. the crime-rates in Conservative-voting counties? Just curious.

  30. #73

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Chris Nolan statement

    http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/2...ing-statement/
    Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting, but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families,

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  32. #74
    Whale Shepherd cdash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Age
    29
    Posts
    17,462

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What are the crime-rates in Liberal-voting counties vs. the crime-rates in Conservative-voting counties? Just curious.
    This is the first step towards getting this thread banned. Let's leave the political stuff alone. Crazy is crazy is crazy.

  33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdash For This Useful Post:


  34. #75
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,364

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Massive shooting at Dark Night premiere in Colorado

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think so... Unless you have armed guards somewhere in the nearby vicinity. It's not going to do you much good to find out the nut in the red dyed hair is carrying a gun if you can't do anything about it besides say "You've got a gun! Everyone, this guy has a gun! You can't bring that in here"

    And so he draws it and shoots up the lobby full of people instead of inside the theater itself like he'd planned.

    So unless you're prepared to put armed guards in the lobbies of theaters then I don't think you'll see metal detectors either.
    It sounds like metal detectors wouldn't have helped in this case if he slipped out an emergency exit and propped the door open when he went to his car.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Wade suffers worst shooting night as Heat lose [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 11:20 PM
  2. Source: Dallas Mavericks 'dark, dark horse' in LeBron James race [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 05:40 PM
  3. Massive Limb #2
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-03-2004, 02:20 AM
  4. Going out on a massive limb here...
    By Shade in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-14-2004, 05:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •