Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 176 to 197 of 197

Thread: Colts sign Luck

  1. #176
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps Nostradumbass??

    I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Hell, it is part of why I love visiting the NFL forum here. However the childish name calling is pathetic.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to vapacersfan For This Useful Post:


  3. #177
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps Nostradumbass??
    Aren't you the same guy bragging about how you never resort to name calling?


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  5. #178
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aren't you the same guy bragging about how you never resort to name calling?

    Not only is he delusional but he's a lying hypocrite.

    What's hilarious is he said he doesn't see the Colts getting anywhere near to 4-6 wins but follows that up by saying he could see 3 wins. 3 isn't anywhere near 4?

  6. #179
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    This is just the NFL. It's different than any other sport. If Bobcats fans went into the NBA season thinking they're going to win 45 games and make the playoffs, I would say they're crazy.

    In the NFL I don't begrudge any NFL fan base for believing their team could win 9 games and sneak into the playoffs. It happens every year it seems that some team goes from the bottom of the NFL to making the playoffs. I certainly don't think that'll be the Colts this year (and I almost hope it isn't, as I'd love to be near the top of the draft and snag a shut down corner), but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it was.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBulletproof For This Useful Post:


  8. #180
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Any Given Sunday...

  9. #181
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is just the NFL. It's different than any other sport. If Bobcats fans went into the NBA season thinking they're going to win 45 games and make the playoffs, I would say they're crazy.

    In the NFL I don't begrudge any NFL fan base for believing their team could win 9 games and sneak into the playoffs. It happens every year it seems that some team goes from the bottom of the NFL to making the playoffs. I certainly don't think that'll be the Colts this year (and I almost hope it isn't, as I'd love to be near the top of the draft and snag a shut down corner), but I wouldn't be completely shocked if it was.
    Why would you take anyone on D until the later rounds (at least 2nd)? You can snag Betheas and Angerers, who have all the talent to be awesome, in the rounds other than the 1st.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  10. #182
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you take anyone on D until the later rounds (at least 2nd)? You can snag Betheas and Angerers, who have all the talent to be awesome, in the rounds other than the 1st.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    Just because you can find those guys doesn't mean you bank on it. I would bet if someone did a study on it that it would show that first round picks clearly out perform the rest of the rounds. I mean, Ton Brady was drafted in what? The 6th round? Should we have not taken Luck?

    If you have a need and you have a guy early in the draft who fits, you take him. Otherwise you're fighting the odds.

  11. #183
    @jwy49 Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,286
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xBulletproof View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just because you can find those guys doesn't mean you bank on it. I would bet if someone did a study on it that it would show that first round picks clearly out perform the rest of the rounds. I mean, Ton Brady was drafted in what? The 6th round? Should we have not taken Luck?

    If you have a need and you have a guy early in the draft who fits, you take him. Otherwise you're fighting the odds.
    Granted there are a few defensive players (and Sebastian Janikowski) I would have drafted in the first, there a maybe one or two max each year. This year it was the Alabama duo of Kirkpatrick and Barron.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    "Ego is edging greatness out" -Rick Pitino
    Freshman at the University of Louisville
    Greenfield-Central High School Alum '14
    Follow me on Twitter @jwy49
    1000th post - 4/16/12 2000th post - 6/24/12 3000th post - 3/8/13

  12. #184
    Member hoosierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,885

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Come on people, never question OlBlu. He reads everything, drives around the country in a motorhome, makes $250k a year and runs five miles a day.

  13. #185
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,399
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    I would never tell anyone how to do their job, but I know I have gotten warnings from the admins before for a helluva lot less than calling someone a dumbass.
    Last edited by travmil; 08-06-2012 at 08:06 PM.

  14. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. Hell, it is part of why I love visiting the NFL forum here. However the childish name calling is pathetic.
    Hey, I was only kidding. I call myself that because my game day predictions are usually so bad.... I didn't mean to offend anyone...

  15. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would never tell anyone how to do their job, but I know I have gotten warnings from the admins before for a helluva lot less than calling someone a dumbass.
    I meant Nostradumbass as a joke. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I apologize if I did. I call myself that because my ability to pick point spreads is very bad....

  16. #188
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would never tell anyone how to do their job, but I know I have gotten warnings from the admins before for a helluva lot less than calling someone a dumbass.
    Yep I once received an infraction for replying to someone with "blah blah blah".
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  17. #189
    Member Merz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,088
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Granted there are a few defensive players (and Sebastian Janikowski) I would have drafted in the first, there a maybe one or two max each year. This year it was the Alabama duo of Kirkpatrick and Barron.


    Sent from #ColtsNation using Tapatalk
    Next years draft is loaded with first round defensive talent, at this point (of course things change with injuries, drop in play, etc.)

  18. #190
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Irsay lies every time he opens his mouth. He did make the right moves in 1998 hiring Polian. I think that Polian hired Dungy.
    Big no on that one. Irsay personally called Dungy and asked if he would take the job. Also to keep the record straight Polian and Dungy were not close at all. How do I back this up... It's not proper to post names on a board where everyone can see, but I promise I had several interesting coversations with people high on the food chain that were quite aware of their relationship. They tolerated each other and got the job done.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  19. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Big no on that one. Irsay personally called Dungy and asked if he would take the job. Also to keep the record straight Polian and Dungy were not close at all. How do I back this up... It's not proper to post names on a board where everyone can see, but I promise I had several interesting coversations with people high on the food chain that were quite aware of their relationship. They tolerated each other and got the job done.
    Thank you for the information. It would seem that a GM should be able to hire his own coach......

  20. #192
    Member RWB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,352

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for the information. It would seem that a GM should be able to hire his own coach......
    But you're experienced enough to know thats not how things work. Not sure how much Polian pushed for anyone else or in fact maybe he didn't. When the main guy says this is who I want you might give your opinion but then if you're smart you shut up and go good idea.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  21. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But you're experienced enough to know thats not how things work. Not sure how much Polian pushed for anyone else or in fact maybe he didn't. When the main guy says this is who I want you might give your opinion but then if you're smart you shut up and go good idea.
    Yes, I understand that and it is the sign of a very bad owner. The GM lives or dies by the performance of the team and he deserves to appoint his own coach. If the owner goes over his head, the GM should quit because his power has been eroded. These kind of problems are why Dallas has so many problems with Jerry Jones. He doesn't rely on his football people and he makes decisions and many of them are either bad or undermine his GM.......

  22. #194
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,846

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Yes, Indy's owner provided input to a team that generated the highest winning percentage over the last decade, was a perennial powerhouse and playoff contender, played in two Super Bowls and won one. Irsay clearly is just a lucky lying rich idiot.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 08-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  23. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not only is he delusional but he's a lying hypocrite.

    What's hilarious is he said he doesn't see the Colts getting anywhere near to 4-6 wins but follows that up by saying he could see 3 wins. 3 isn't anywhere near 4?
    A lying hypocrite? Delusional? Why doesn't that deserve a speeding ticket by the mods? I apologized for the Nostradumbass commet. I was only making a pun and I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. There was a poll here and the choices were 0-3 wins, 4-6 wins and so on. I voted for 0-3 but I really think looking at the schedule that the two games with Jacksonville are the only games where the Colts really have a chance. Perhaps against the Vikings but I don't see it. I stick with 0-2 wins but a third win would not shock me. I think that view is a long way from thinking 4-6 wins......

  24. #196

  25. #197
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Definitely sounds like Luck is going to be a bust (sarcasm). What was management thinking picking this dud as our future QB. :-P

    Really getting excited to see him on the field Sunday.

Similar Threads

  1. Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick
    By TOP in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
  2. Andrew Luck Colts jerseys on eBay
    By I Love P in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM
  3. Colts plan to draft Luck, sources say
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
  4. Saints have more luck than the Colts
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 05:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •