Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 197

Thread: Colts sign Luck

  1. #101
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you mean probably or properly?
    i don't think fonix wurked for him.

  2. #102
    BoilerUpMan Really?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    3,671
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Colts will not be too bad for long, I think they will be back in the playoffs in 3 years at the most. This year they could surprise but probably not make it to the playoffs, next year they should be in a race with the Titans and Houston, the year after I think we take over the conference again.

    But this is always speculation, but we will see.
    Why so SERIOUS

  3. #103
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hell, I don't know, what is "probly"?
    #1 rule of the internet: When losing an argument, resort to grammar correction.

    I don't think you really wanna (which is "Hick-lish" for "want to") test my spelling, just because on here I type with a "dialect" (no one actually pronounces PRAH-BUH-BLEE). I was the spelling bee champ 'round these here parts. I "turn it on" when I feel like, sorta (sort of) like Carmelo.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 07-31-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  5. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Really? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Colts will not be too bad for long, I think they will be back in the playoffs in 3 years at the most. This year they could surprise but probably not make it to the playoffs, next year they should be in a race with the Titans and Houston, the year after I think we take over the conference again.

    But this is always speculation, but we will see.
    Yes, you will......

  6. #105
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    76.6% completion rate through 3 days at camp. Man, Luck really stinks. He won't be able to do anything with this team for a long time with that pitiful arm of his..

    lmao

  7. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    76.6% completion rate through 3 days at camp. Man, Luck really stinks. He won't be able to do anything with this team for a long time with that pitiful arm of his..

    lmao
    That isn't the problem. The Colts just signed an arena league offensive lineman to replace the on who blew his knee out again. That is a good percentage rate with on rushing lineman and big hits..... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 08-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.

  8. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    76.6% completion rate through 3 days at camp. Man, Luck really stinks. He won't be able to do anything with this team for a long time with that pitiful arm of his..

    lmao
    I do note that you didn't mention his four interceptions playing against players who are not allowed to touch him. How many do you think he will have when he is running for his life in a real game situation. I figure 25 plus interceptions and probably 30 sacks coming this year....... .

  9. #108
    Member Swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    and you wonder why people call you a troll...

  10. #109

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I do note that you didn't mention his four interceptions playing against players who are not allowed to touch him. How many do you think he will have when he is running for his life in a real game situation. I figure 25 plus interceptions and probably 30 sacks coming this year....... .
    I think its funny how you keep saying 30 sacks as if that a lot or something. Only 7 teams last year had less than 30 sacks and only 3 were playoff teams. Also no one had more than 25 interceptions last year so sorry if I laugh this one off.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gamble1 For This Useful Post:


  12. #110
    Member Pacergeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    2,971

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Luck will make a name for himself week 1. Colts will upset the Bears
    David "And One" West

  13. #111
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,031

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Here's another of those experts giving his "vote for RG3", Blu:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ad02_blog.html

    Charley Casserly says RGIII wasn’t close to Luck

    By Dan Steinberg

    (John McDonnell - TWP) It’s probably too late to debate the draft day merits of Robert Griffin III vis-a-vis Andrew Luck, but just in case you’re wondering, here is Charley Casserly’s view.
    “Number one, I liked RGIII,” the Skins former GM told ESPN 980’s Sports Fix this week. “Number two, I don’t think it was close with Luck. If I had 10 votes, it’d be 10 for Luck and none for RGIII. To me, it was a clear difference between the two of them. However, I liked RGIII.”
    The difference, according to Casserly, was largely based on the schemes the two quarterbacks used in college.
    “It’s kind of like Luck had already got the Master’s Degree; this guy was still going to college and trying to finish up,” Casserly said. “Luck was ahead of him as far as the experience in the pro game. There was such a wide difference there, that’s why Luck had to be ahead of him.”
    Still, Casserly said he would have made the same deal the Redskins made to trade up for Griffin.
    “Where you are at this point in time, I think it was a move you had to make,” Casserly said. “Is it a gamble? Sure it’s a gamble. But sometimes you have to do those things.”
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  14. #112
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacergeek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Luck will make a name for himself week 1. Colts will upset the Bears


    I want what you're smoking

    I have a feeling I will be hearing bear down about 10 times that game. Just bought my tickets, last game i went too the Bears scored 40pts the day after Christmas I have a feeling it will be ugly. Cutler will make the Colts defense look silly(but really who doesn't??) Brandon Marshall>>>>>

  15. #113
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I want what you're smoking

    I have a feeling I will be hearing bear down about 10 times that game. Just bought my tickets, last game i went too the Bears scored 40pts the day after Christmas I have a feeling it will be ugly. Cutler will make the Colts defense look silly(but really who doesn't??) Brandon Marshall>>>>>
    I got the Bears as a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year. They've got competition in the NFC, but I definitely feel they are a complete team.

  16. #114
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Luck will have a decent rookie year. He'll probably utilize the TEs often as a start, but having Wayne back and helping him out is huge.

    The Colts still have quite some time before they're legit again, but with Luck's potential and continuing to build piece by piece, the future is very bright.
    Last edited by Trophy; 08-04-2012 at 12:26 AM.

  17. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got the Bears as a legitimate Super Bowl contender this year. They've got competition in the NFC, but I definitely feel they are a complete team.
    As good as the Packers? I don't think so. There is a HUGE difference in their QBs..... ... .

  18. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamble1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think its funny how you keep saying 30 sacks as if that a lot or something. Only 7 teams last year had less than 30 sacks and only 3 were playoff teams. Also no one had more than 25 interceptions last year so sorry if I laugh this one off.
    Laugh all you want. I expect Luck to throw more interceptions that any other QB in the League and that is not so much Luck as it is that the offensive line will not give him long enough for his receivers to get open and for him to find them. I also expect Luck to be sacked a ton of times and he could lead the league there too for the same reasons..... ...
    Last edited by OlBlu; 08-03-2012 at 10:49 PM.

  19. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and you wonder why people call you a troll...
    Well, in my opinion, the guy who says the Colts are going to beat the bears in week one is both an idiot and a troll...... ....

  20. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As good as the Packers? I don't think so. There is a HUGE difference in their QBs..... ... .
    No doubt the Packers are an overall better team. But luckily in the NFL the best team doesn't win the team who gets hot heading into the playoffs normally does. (which is the main reason I don't get why the Colts would rest their starters weeks leading up to the playoffs). Reason why the NFL is so fun to watch is so many teams can win the SB just get in the playoffs anything can happen.
    Last edited by pacer4ever; 08-03-2012 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Stupid auto correct

  21. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by pacer4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No doubt the Packers are an overall better team. But luckily in the NFL the best team doesn't win the team who gets hit heading into the playoffs normally does. (which is the main reason I don't get why the Colts would rest their starters weeks leading up to the playoffs). Reason why the NFL is so fun to watch is so many teams can win the SB just get in the playoffs anything can happen.
    You won't have to worry about the Colts resting their starters for many, many years...... ...

  22. #120
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    naptown
    Age
    21
    Posts
    16,657
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Also no doubt Rodgers is way better. But to be fair to Cutler he hasn't had WRs or a coach who uses him correctly and no OL since he was in Denver. When he was in Denver he was still learning and had to learn on the fly thus made so many stupid mistakes. Rodgers learned from Farve and from day 1 as a starter had a great OL and great WRs and a great OC. I expect huge improvement but Rodgers will still be better he just hardly ever makes mistakes which is the main difference. Cutler though is so much wiser than he was a few years ago he has come a long way now he has the weapons I'm excited. Although the OL scares the **** out of me so does the defense it's aging fast.

  23. #121
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As good as the Packers? I don't think so. There is a HUGE difference in their QBs..... ... .
    I didn't say they'll win the division, but they'll definitely earn a Wild Card spot. They'll have competition in the NFC is what I said.

  24. #122
    Member Trophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    8,556

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want. I expect Luck to throw more interceptions that any other QB in the League and that is not so much Luck as it is that the offensive line will not give him long enough for his receivers to get open and for him to find them. I also expect Luck to be sacked a ton of times and he could lead the league there too for the same reasons..... ...
    Whatever you say....


  25. #123
    I have a Member xBulletproof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,671

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Laugh all you want. I expect Luck to throw more interceptions that any other QB in the League and that is not so much Luck as it is that the offensive line will not give him long enough for his receivers to get open and for him to find them. I also expect Luck to be sacked a ton of times and he could lead the league there too for the same reasons..... ...
    Sooo what are you expecting from RG3 who is holding the ball too long, and actually taking sacks in camp? lol

  26. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    66
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    I think RG3 will have a rough camp. He has a lot to learn that Luck already had learned at Stanford. When the season starts, I expect RG3 to do well. The problems Luck will have won't be due to his abilities but to the fact that he will be playing behind the worst offensive line in the NFL and he is going to get rushed and sacked continuously. Manning might have been able to survive with this line but not a rookie who won't have Peyton's ability to switch plays at the last second to keep the blitz off of him. You have a potential franchise QB who will be lucky to survive the season behind that line. They are signing arena league players to help bolster the line. Good luck (pardon the pun) with all of that. I am willing to make a substantial wager on which QB finishes the highest in the Rookie of the Year Standings. And before you start crying about how much better the Redskins are, remember Cam Newton came in and played for a very bad team last year. There is the real deal and the QB of the decade, not Andrew Luck nor RG3, in my not so humble opinion..... ...

  27. #125
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greenfield, IN
    Posts
    3,221
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As good as the Packers? I don't think so. There is a HUGE difference in their QBs..... ... .
    I think they are even better than the Packers. They are the more complete team. They don't have a super amazing defense, they don't even have a complete offense. The Bears have a much more complete team in regards to offense, defense, and special teams. Now that Marshall plays for them, I think that they have one of the most if not the most complete offense in the NFL, behind the New England Patriots. Besides quarterbacks aren't the team, unless you have Peyton Manning.
    Last edited by Steagles; 08-04-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Attending the University of Louisville in August!
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

Similar Threads

  1. Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick
    By TOP in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
  2. Andrew Luck Colts jerseys on eBay
    By I Love P in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM
  3. Colts plan to draft Luck, sources say
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  4. Saints have more luck than the Colts
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •