Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 197

Thread: Colts sign Luck

  1. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Hey, there is no cure for drunk, stupid, or Phil Simms.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  2. #27
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well apparently 87% of the fans were interested KM right off the bat. Now I'm sure there will be a comment the 87 number was before the Manning anouncement. My argument would be anyone who paid attention to the Colts saw that one coming.
    What's KM?
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  3. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,319

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Sorry but I was referring to someone named Kid Minneapolis . I suspect Blu will counter on the 87% number.
    You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RWB For This Useful Post:


  5. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've never seen a state/fanbase so disinterested in the acquisition of an out-of-this-world talent before, these are truly some unprecedented developments. How often have you had an all-time legend leave the team, at the same time that an over-hyped flash guy was drafted #2 in NFL history? Coupled with an almost complete turnover of most of the front office and coaching staff? And at the same time, the guy we picked who's the actual better player, also happens to be a low-key, slightly-awkward personality who just doesn't have the flash that RG3 has?

    It's like a perfect storm to diminish the support that a guy should be receiving for his on-field talents.

    The result is you have a ton of people (mostly ignorant or not educated on the subject) who are still married to the old legend --- OR they're star-struck by the flashy guy. I'd guess 90% of the fanbase thinks Indy made the wrong decision! And hardly anyone is interested, except for a small smattering of hardcore fans who do their homework, in the guy that is truly the real gem acquisition of this off-season in the entire league. Even ESPN seems disinterested. Everyone I talk to at work... in my family.... friends.... just don't care, don't even know what's goin on with the team, and they all grumble about "shoulda kept Manning" or "shoulda drafted RG3".

    It's amazing! We're a buncha dummies! Collectively, as a population! I love Indiana, but we're the same group of schmucks who almost boo'd Reggie Miller out of the state.

    About the only group of people who come to the consensus that Indy made the right choice are the scouts and league officials/insiders. But what does their opinion matter?

    Oh well.... just means Luck isn't having the state handed to him on Manning's platter. Which is okay, he's gotta forge his own legend. He will. Wait 'til all these silly local yokels see Luck in action, that bandwagon will fill up quick. Reserve your seat now, Blu, or you'll get wedged off.
    That bandwagon won't fill up any time soon and the blackouts are coming. If not this year then next year. This FO and coaching staff will not be around to see the Colts have winning seasons again. The people doing the rebuilding never get to reap the eventual results.......

  6. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    The Skins have a better team then the Colts? Not sure about that.

    I agree about rebuilding and staying the course, I actually think the Colts will finish at .500 though (I think the Skins and Colts both will)


    Guess time will tell.

    P.S. Did Luck have to turn over his first born, DNA, and future rights to any money made while he is breathing?

  7. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,941

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    I honestly wonder if Peyton makes it half a season?

    Will be a interesting year to say the least

  8. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly wonder if Peyton makes it half a season?

    Will be a interesting year to say the least
    Peyton will be just fine. It is Luck you should worry about with that makeshift offensive line. I expect him to lead the league in sacks (he doesn't release as quickly as Peyton did) and the odds of him lasting half a season is open for debate. I don't think he will go the season without a serious injury and I'll bet Peyton does make it through the season. Any takers?

  9. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Skins have a better team then the Colts? Not sure about that.

    I agree about rebuilding and staying the course, I actually think the Colts will finish at .500 though (I think the Skins and Colts both will)


    Guess time will tell.

    P.S. Did Luck have to turn over his first born, DNA, and future rights to any money made while he is breathing?
    You don't think the Redskins will be better than the Colts. Too bad they don't play so we would find out. The Redskins play in the toughest division in the NFL. I look for them to be somewhere around .500 give or take a game. The Colts have to win one game before you can even thinking about getting there and it isn't clear to me that they will win any games. I have predicted two or less. I wouldn't argue about three but more than that would be a miracle......

  10. #34

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Peyton will be just fine. It is Luck you should worry about with that makeshift offensive line. I expect him to lead the league in sacks (he doesn't release as quickly as Peyton did) and the odds of him lasting half a season is open for debate. I don't think he will go the season without a serious injury and I'll bet Peyton does make it through the season. Any takers?

    I think everybody on this board would take those odds...
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

  11. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think everybody on this board would take those odds...
    I don't think everybody would but we will see. Some good rookie QBs have been ruined by bad offensive lines letting them take to many hits. The Colts will be playing from behind a lot which means that they will be putting it in the air a whole lost and that is where the opposing defenses will tee off and get sacks on Luck. The defense will be bad because they are switching to a 3-4 with no personel for that move. They are going to try to have two pass rushers play linebacker. I think they will give up 30 plus points on most Sundays.... So make that bet about Luck staying healthy at your own peril.....

  12. #36
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,127

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    You're assuming the Colts care about wins this season rather than marking it off to a rebuilding year and positioning themselves in the draft. They might not be throwing a ton if they are down just because they don't want to get Luck injured.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  13. #37
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,447
    Mood

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    I am optimistic to see the o-line this season. We have a lot of youth to that o-line with our 2 rooks from last season and I'd like to see them mesh with what o-linemen that we have left from the last season. I just hope we get our 2 highly touted TE's signed soon before training camp starts. So they can see their roles this season. The thing that bothers me more is that the receiving corps look like they are really thin and if someone goes down it will put us in a bind. I mean Luck can have a brilliant game but if he has no receiver open to throw it to it will be a long year. I also forsee a lot of running the ball this year.

  14. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're assuming the Colts care about wins this season rather than marking it off to a rebuilding year and positioning themselves in the draft. They might not be throwing a ton if they are down just because they don't want to get Luck injured.
    That is a very good point but will they take the wrath of the fans when they play that way? I think you will turn more fans off with that approach but it does make sense......

  15. #39
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,127

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a very good point but will they take the wrath of the fans when they play that way? I think you will turn more fans off with that approach but it does make sense......
    I think the Colts have always been more willing to go that type of route and I think they realize it will turn some casual fans off, but they also realize hardcore NFL fans will understand what is up and are looking at other metrics anyway. Then the important thing is, the casual fans you turn off will be right back onboard if the master plan works out in a couple of years or so. Especially if Luck is looking like the real deal and coaching and GM remain on the same page with player and team building.

    Casual fans don't see much difference in losses.... A loss is a loss... A losing team is a losing team. A rebuilding season is a rebuilding season. Use it to your advantage. Something the Pacers never learned.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  16. #40

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    For some reason I have trouble logging onto this board but anyways I'm glad this has been resolved

    I can't believe football season is around the corner!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Basketball Fan For This Useful Post:


  18. #41
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,272
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by vapacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly wonder if Peyton makes it half a season?

    Will be a interesting year to say the least
    I honestly don't see him lasting past the Steel Curtain opening weekend. I wish he would have just retired.
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  19. #42
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,127

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    I think it's very possible Manning won't be 100% and may never be 100% again... But Manning doesn't have to be 100% to be effective. The question I have is how close he'll be to 100% and how well will he be able to maintain his health at a consistent level without getting worse?

    I think he'd play thru some issues if he can at all.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  20. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Steagles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I honestly don't see him lasting past the Steel Curtain opening weekend. I wish he would have just retired.
    And I am betting on a 4000 yard season. Luck is the one you should be worried about. He is on a terrible team with a bad offensive line that could get him hurt. He is a rookie and his release is not as quick as Peyton's. He will be doing a lot of scrambling for his life and bad things can happen when a QB does that. Peyton will be back there in the pocket and getting rid of the ball in a heartbeat. That is his method of avoiding the rush...

  21. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's very possible Manning won't be 100% and may never be 100% again... But Manning doesn't have to be 100% to be effective. The question I have is how close he'll be to 100% and how well will he be able to maintain his health at a consistent level without getting worse?

    I think he'd play thru some issues if he can at all.
    I doubt that he is 100% yet but he will get there. If he gets hurt, I think it will be something other than his neck. That fusion makes that area stronger than it was before the surgery.....

  22. #45
    Member Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    887

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by OlBlu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And I am betting on a 4000 yard season. Luck is the one you should be worried about. He is on a terrible team with a bad offensive line that could get him hurt. He is a rookie and his release is not as quick as Peyton's. He will be doing a lot of scrambling for his life and bad things can happen when a QB does that. Peyton will be back there in the pocket and getting rid of the ball in a heartbeat. That is his method of avoiding the rush...
    I know you meant getting rid of the ball in general or decision making, Andrew Luck has a phenominal release time for a rookie. Better than Peyton's was when he was a rookie. Plus, we are talking a .02 difference between them. Even other QB's with incredible release times have poor throwing motions. Like Romo, who has the fastest release in football. Luck and Manning keep the ball tucked tightly when releasing it, which prevents stripping. I really believe that Luck will shock people with his ability to both get rid of the ball and buy time to throw it. He was one of the best roll out passing QB's I have ever seen in college. I doubt he gets sacked a much as people think he will.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noodle For This Useful Post:


  24. #46
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Where Manning beats Luck

    - Release time (but Luck's is extremely fast also)

    Where Manning and Luck are equals

    - Memory and retention and recall and decision making speed
    - Pocket awareness and ability to get rid of the ball

    Where Luck exceeds Manning:

    - Body strength and athleticism
    - Quickness
    - Feet (Luck has just amazing footwork... Manning had happy feet)
    - Running game just completely owns Manning
    - Ability to deliver on the run (Manning was underrated this, but Luck is Aaron Rodgers-like, just superhuman)

    Comparing their college footage, Luck just outclasses Manning across the board except in release time, where he is still extremely respectable... I don't know if I've seen a release time as fast as Mannings. Luck is an athletic Peyton Manning.

    People don't understand what kind of QB we just got on this team.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kid Minneapolis For This Useful Post:


  26. #47
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,127

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    You forgot to compare age and number of neck surgeries....
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  28. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where Manning beats Luck

    - Release time (but Luck's is extremely fast also)

    Where Manning and Luck are equals

    - Memory and retention and recall and decision making speed
    - Pocket awareness and ability to get rid of the ball

    Where Luck exceeds Manning:

    - Body strength and athleticism
    - Quickness
    - Feet (Luck has just amazing footwork... Manning had happy feet)
    - Running game just completely owns Manning
    - Ability to deliver on the run (Manning was underrated this, but Luck is Aaron Rodgers-like, just superhuman)

    He exceeds Manning in all of these areas and he hasn't even played an NFL game yet. Amazing that people think like this. When he gets in a game this guy may not be able to find the centers butt with both hands.... Manning we know about. Luck is 100% speculation.........

    Comparing their college footage, Luck just outclasses Manning across the board except in release time, where he is still extremely respectable... I don't know if I've seen a release time as fast as Mannings. Luck is an athletic Peyton Manning.

    People don't understand what kind of QB we just got on this team.
    Exceeds in all of those areas and he hasn't even played a game... Wonderful. He will need that running ability, pass rushers are going to pursue him right out of the pocket..... ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

  29. #49
    Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,505

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Talkin' bout comin outta college, Blu. If you compare both QBs comin' outta college.

    But.... even if you compared them straight up right now --- that list isn't off target. The only real diff is Manning has over a decade of experience and Luck has zero. Manning also has over a decade of damage done to his neck and spine.

    But you're completely selling Luck short as a prospect and talent. Manning is obviously going to have a better year this year, if he stays healthy, because he's been doing this way longer. But a few years from now, you're going to regret saying you wish we still had Manning... because he'll be in the last 1-2 years of his career, and Luck will be just getting warmed up.
    Last edited by Kid Minneapolis; 07-22-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    There are two types of quarterbacks in the league: Those whom over time, the league figures out ... and those who figure out the league.

  30. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Everywhere. I live in a big motorhome and I travel the entire country
    Age
    67
    Posts
    3,288
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Colts sign Luck

    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Minneapolis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Talkin' bout comin outta college, Blu. If you compare both QBs comin' outta college.

    But.... even if you compared them straight up right now --- that list isn't off target. The only real diff is Manning has over a decade of experience and Luck has zero. Manning also has over a decade of damage done to his neck and spine.

    But you're completely selling Luck short as a prospect and talent. Manning is obviously going to have a better year this year, if he stays healthy, because he's been doing this way longer. But a few years from now, you're going to regret saying you wish we still had Manning... because he'll be in the last 1-2 years of his career, and Luck will be just getting warmed up.
    Three years from now Luck may not even be in the NFL..... I have seen good young QBs hurt that way. David Carr would be one. I think Luck will take the most punishment of any NFL QB this coming season and how many of they play the entire season without serious injury? With that offensive line and the defense being woeful and keeping Luck in passing situations, I do not like his changes to excape intact....... But that is just my opinion from forty plus years of observation....

Similar Threads

  1. Colts inform Luck he'll be No. 1 pick
    By TOP in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 01:40 AM
  2. Andrew Luck Colts jerseys on eBay
    By I Love P in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 03:52 PM
  3. Colts plan to draft Luck, sources say
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
  4. Saints have more luck than the Colts
    By Basketball Fan in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •