Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

  1. #1
    Gold Spidey PritchSlap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    24
    Posts
    84

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    https://twitter.com/George_Hill3/sta...04193838776320
    INDIANA GEORGE HILL ‏@George_Hill3

    @Hoya2aPacer ‪#G2Zone‬ was a test last year so now it's ONNNNNN!! ‪#G2Zone‬ is in full affect!!!! ‪#G2Zone‬ taking over ‪#BankersLife‬ I promise you

    https://twitter.com/George_Hill3/sta...09960763498496
    INDIANA GEORGE HILL @George_Hill3

    We are gonna have tryout also to join the ‪#G2Zone‬ so be on the lookout!!!

    I bought the 5-game G2Zone package last year, and I'll be the first to admit it was no Area 55 at the time. Roy's twitter trash talk was pretty on point.

    But I'll definitely try and be back, so hopefully with tryouts it gets a little more interesting. Maybe have some decent back and forth chants with Area55.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PritchSlap For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,403
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    This is great news. An improved atmosphere can only make the gameday experience better for players and fans alike.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    @SteaglesPD Steagles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The 502 and 317
    Age
    18
    Posts
    3,271
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Another chance for me to be the loud fan I wanna be at BLF!
    "What you do is so loud, I can't hear what you say" -Andrew Luck
    "If you turn the other cheek, I'm gonna hit you in the other cheek, too" -Charles Barkley
    Freshman at Louisville
    Follow me on Twitter @SteaglesPD
    1000th post - 4/16/12
    2000th post - 6/24/12
    3000th post - 3/8/13

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steagles For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    I'm on a MAC! graphic-er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,407

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    I don't understand having 2 sections. There probably isn't enough people who will actually show up.
    You can't get champagne from a garden hose.

  8. #5
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand having 2 sections. There probably isn't enough people who will actually show up.
    Last edited by travmil; 07-19-2012 at 02:43 PM.

  9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  10. #6
    Dood. Ownagedood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Franklin
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,638

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand having 2 sections. There probably isn't enough people who will actually show up.
    I'm kinda thinking it will have a negative effect as well.. The more seats they give away, the less ppl they have actually buying tickets to a game.

  11. #7

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how 'bout you!

    Seriously though, this has potential to break new ground on some serious call-and-response chanting technology.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FlavaDave For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Member joew8302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bennettsville, SC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,403
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm kinda thinking it will have a negative effect as well.. The more seats they give away, the less ppl they have actually buying tickets to a game.
    As I understood it Roy at least bought all of the tickets for Area 55.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joew8302 For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Let PG Fly Again Soon! ECKrueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Age
    23
    Posts
    4,003

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by FlavaDave View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We got spirit, yes we do, we got spirit, how 'bout you!

    Seriously though, this has potential to break new ground on some serious call-and-response chanting technology.
    Didn't work well in Mackey.

  16. #10
    can't wait to see this v Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    12,326

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm kinda thinking it will have a negative effect as well.. The more seats they give away, the less ppl they have actually buying tickets to a game.
    The people filling the seats may not be paying for them, but rest assured they're paid for. Gatorade's not a sponsor for free.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Member adamscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peoria, IL
    Age
    22
    Posts
    580

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by PurduePacer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't work well in Mackey.
    well yeah, b/c its Purdue

  19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to adamscb For This Useful Post:


  20. #12
    Member Dr. Awesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Posts
    4,246

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    I'm not sure why people are upset with this. Sounds great for the Pacers and the community. If I went to a game, and there were a tons of people always yelling and chanting, I'd probably have more fun and want to return as oppose to a boring crowd.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Awesome For This Useful Post:


  22. #13
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Sweet, shots have been fired.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  23. #14
    The New Gold Swagger travmil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New Pal
    Posts
    7,216
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman21 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sweet, shots have been fired.
    Thugs...





















    Sorry, couldn't resist.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to travmil For This Useful Post:


  25. #15
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Okay, VERBAL shots have been fired!

    Happy now?
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  26. #16
    Game over man Willbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    194
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    "He's a strong physical presence out there on both ends of the court. He's a man. There's a reason he was an All-Star." -- Vogel on David West

  27. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    8,004

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    I have a question can we turn this into a G4 section.......errrr ok maybe not, I wouldn't want to be associated with G4TV either. Ok how about G-Wing for Granger, George, George, and Green?

  28. #18

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleazar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok how about G-Wing for Granger, George, George, and Green?
    Call it the G-Spot.


    Well, maybe not - none of us guys would ever find it.

  29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PacerDude For This Useful Post:


  30. #19
    RING THE BELL! Sandman21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Area55
    Posts
    6,283

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand having 2 sections. There probably isn't enough people who will actually show up.
    Would you rather have another section full of MIA/CHI/LAL/Whatever bandwagoners? At least with Area55/G2 people wearing opposing team gear are reseated elsewhere in the fieldhouse.
    "Nobody wants to play against Tyler Hansbrough NO BODY!" ~ Frank Vogel

    "And David put his hand in the bag and took out a stone and slung it. And it struck the Philistine on the head and he fell to the ground. Amen. "
    Want your own "Just Say No to Kamen" from @mkroeger pic? http://twitpic.com/a3hmca

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandman21 For This Useful Post:


  32. #20
    Member Derek2k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne
    Posts
    1,580
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    As far as having people show up, are you referring to the tryouts or actual games? Because as far as I understand, A55 gets a ton of people to tryout.

    This absolutely can't hurt. With BLF falling to near last in the NBA in attendance, anything you can do to get people in seats is good.

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to Derek2k3 For This Useful Post:


  34. #21
    Shooting for the Moon Day-V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SoBro
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,307
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    Quote Originally Posted by graphic-er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't understand having 2 sections. There probably isn't enough people who will actually show up.
    I'm sure if it was Gordon Hayward's section, you'd think it was the greatest thing ever.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to Day-V For This Useful Post:


  36. #22
    PacerDude
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: George Hill announces G2Zone will be back with tryouts

    They could give away one specific row across the whole lower level and call it the G-String!

Similar Threads

  1. Roy Hibbert vs Paul George vs George Hill
    By AugustinGrangerHill in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-18-2012, 09:45 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. When will George Hill be back in the Game?
    By Indiana in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 10:39 PM
  4. Welcome back home George Hill
    By vnzla81 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 03:29 AM
  5. George Hill
    By square1 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-24-2011, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •